Advanced Drainage Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advanced Drainage Systems Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advanced Drainage Systems

Sanitary Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume in the morning and a recruiter (cooperating with the company) called me in the afternoon to schedule an interview for the next day. He called the following day to inform me that the position was covered internally!!! A week later a similar position was posted to ADS's website. This time I reached out to the same recruiter. He wrote back "bla bla...next week I have a meeting with the hiring manager and I will make sure to mention your name and resume. Feel free to follow up with me at any time". I thanked him and followed up after a week as I have mentioned. He never replied. Sent a 2nd email a week later...never replied.....Called 3 weeks later....never picked up...never replied to the voice mail. This makes you wonder what kind of a person says follow up with me at any time and has no courtesy or professionalism to reply after a month. Also, what kind of a company accepts such behaviors from the recruiting company they cooperate with. By the way my qualifications and experience matched exactly the job requirements. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!Unless they don't want qualified and experienced employees in the industry in order to pay them less or train them the way they want...in this case VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

Line Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

You come in and speak with someone from HR and they look over your resume, ask you questions about previous employment and education, and if you're a good fit for the position they pass your resume to the production manager whom will call you back in a few days. You sit with the production manager and pretty much talk about why you're a good fit, discuss the position( I was told I needed to start as a downstream technician, learn each line, and then I'd become a line operator..guess we'll see)and if you're interested or not, then you will take a tour of the plant and go over basic things. If they like you they will call you back within a day or two and bring you in to do a background test, drug test and physical. If you pass everything you'll start asap.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Labor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems.

Interview

Fill out application and submit. There is nothing to it. Just run of the mill softball questions. Can you do the job? Do you want the job? How long do you want the job?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Miami, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems (New Miami, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

CAD Test. 15 mins for 3D modeling. 15 mins for drafting. Then basic interview questions from a few managers. I sat down 1-1 and explained my resume, and answered personal questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience? What are your plans for the future? (basic interview questions)   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems.

Interview

It is a 3 step interview process. 1) Initial interview with managers of specific department. 2) Interview with regional manager of department. 3) Phone interview with a company who mails you a questionnaire after your conversation. It's at least a week in between each phase. The questionnaire you receive is a bunch of questions that will seem completely random. The test is to determine what kind of worker you are. It surprisingly is spot on accurate.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any other position within the company, what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, it was take it or leave it.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bessemer City, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems (Bessemer City, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Was hired through a Temporary Service because it was the only way to get a foot in the door anymore the company had decided to start hiring first through a temp service. Was told that I could be hired on earlier than 90 days if I prove to be a good worker and attendance was good. So I accepted the offer because it was only going to be for a short time. Only to find out that there were temps who had been the months past there end date with the temp service still working that had not been hired on full time with ADS.

Interview Questions

• Not really a lot of questions. Was told a little about the job and that I would be training for several weeks (Which was a Real Joke) before I would be turned loose to do the job on my own.   1 Answer

Negotiation

take it or leave it!

Quality Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems.

Interview

They use an outside recruiting firm that will contact you to do an over the phone interview at first. The next step is a face to face interview with the plant manager of the plant you would work with. You will also be asked to take a personality and strengths/weaknesses exam, with a full report and improvement session to follow, based on the results. This information will all be provided to the Director and Senior manager. You will be flown to the corporate office or the central Lab for your final round of interviews with the Director and/or Senior manager.

Interview Questions

• What skills or experience do you have that sets you apart from others going for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some negotiation, but it was handled through the recruiting firm. Make sure you state your minimum requirements to take the job. Be reasonable, but don't be afraid to ask for what you want. They will negotiate to a certain point.

Fleet Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems (Columbus, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

It was very comfortable. The first interview was with the managers. they were happy people and really made you feel wanted. they made me really want the job when i left. Shortly after i had a second interview with the plant manager and if was short and straight to the point. he told me i got the job after asking several easy relatable questions and then discussed wages. I started working a week after.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems (Hilliard, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

First you will get a telephone interview. When you do good you will get a personal interview. In my case the interviewer set me down in front of a laptop with Visual Studio and an existing project. Then he asked me to write some code to get a particular value from the database. (Mind you he was sitting next to me). But I stayed calm and took my time to look through the existing code and just used what was already in there. He just wanted to see my though process and general knowledge of the .Net framework. After I aced that I was hired the same day.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Springfield, VT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems (North Springfield, VT) in June 2011.

Interview

I sat in the conference room with the production manager, and he asked me some questions that pertained to the job, then he asked me some questions like if I had any goals for my future.