AeroFS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AeroFS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.8

Mobile Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AeroFS.

Interview

They don't care about interviewee. I applied online then got an email to complete an IOS project. I submitted the project after 2 days with all the requirements completed. Got an email two hours later saying I am not qualify without any feedback on the project. The transparency of the interview process is zero.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AeroFS (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a email back with choice to solve either of two questions. I went the extra mile and solved both. Got an email back to schedule for an Skype interview.

The interview was with an Engineer, he was really nice, told me about their product and his team and then asked me two algorithm questions. Wrote working code for both and explained my approach; questions were not difficult. The engineer told me that an HR would get back to me.

Got your standard "not going to proceed" email next day.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AeroFS.

Interview

Filled out a coding challenge, got a call back. The interviewer started by asking if I was busy, and if I found this stuff boring. Then he asked me to reverse an array on a code sharing website. After that he asked how I would change phone numbers on a website. He sounded really angry that my solution didn't include regular expressions, and even more angry when I asked what they were (because I wanted to learn). Maybe he was stressed out over doing interviews constantly, I don't know. Either way, I've never heard an interviewer get mad at me before. I didn't get the offer, but maybe that's for the better.

Interview Questions

• How would you change all the phone numbers on a website?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AeroFS (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Coding challenge (untimed) followed by a skype call. Brief introduction, and then we jumped right into a live coding problem on codeshare.io. Interestingly it was only a single question, but the discussion that follow ramped up to an hour.

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Interview

Apply online then got a phone screen. Followed by coding challenge that has to be done within 1 hour. Then technical interview with their engineer. Everybody were very nice during the whole process and very friendly. I was nervous during the interview process but they try to make it as friendly as they can. Overall a good experience for me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AeroFS in September 2015.

Interview

Received a 15 minute phone screen after applying online. After this, a coding test that needed to be submitted within a week. Following that, an hour long technical phone screen using codeshare and pulling from a list of questions testing different areas of knowledge. I don't think it would be exceptionally challenging for many people, but I simply wasn't prepared enough nor far enough along in my classes. Everyone was very nice along the way, however, and it was a good experience aside from my own performance.

Interview Questions

• Reverse an array, write and explain test cases for your code. Favorite data structure.   Answer Question

Mobile Engineer Interview

Interview

Rejected at resume screening but was told that they wanted someone with more industry experience even though the job description says nothing about it. The screener acknowledged that it wasn't on the job description and did nothing about it. I don't think it's good for a company to lie like that, especially when job descriptions can be used against you in court.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AeroFS in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the director of engineering after applying at a career fair on campus. He asked me to do a coding challenge which i did within the week. Next I had a quick phone call with him and then they asked me to come on site for interviews. Office was really nice and well located, people were very friendly as well. I had 4 in person interviews. A bit later they indicated they would like to make me an offer, I spoke briefly with one of the founders before they made me a formal offer. They were very flexible throughout the whole process.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 interviews. All Technical. First with one of the co-founders.

Phone screen: File system design
    1. Concurrency. Work done.
    2. There is a set of x,y coordinates. x=0, y=<some length>. Compute how much water gets accumulated (use calculus)
    3. Simple bfs traversal related problem
    4. Longest palindrome

Qtn1: Less friendly co-founder. Comes in a with a prejudice.
    Qtn2: interviewer thinks very highly of himself. Should look for approach more than solution.

1,2 were hard to please. Best to let them go.

3,4 were super nice guys. I can say this is true for all their fresh junior, to somewhat senior guys.

Interview Questions

• 2. There is a set of x,y coordinates. x=0, y=&lt;some length&gt;. Compute how much water gets accumulated (use calculus)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AeroFS.

Interview

I was first asked to do a small coding challenge with a test plan and test cases, had the option of using Java or C/C++. They seemed to be happy with that and received a request for a phone interview. Their way of scheduling this was excellent. Some interview questions were basic, and some were quite challenging (covering concepts, implementation, and also design). Strong knowledge of algorithms & data structures is a must for this interview.