African Development Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

African Development Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

3.1

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at African Development Bank (Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)) in March 2017.

Interview

Once shortlisted the HR dept has you go through a phone interview. The initial phone interview is conducted by a foreign HR consultancy company. Once you pass that stage a group/panel ask you direct questions concerning your employment history and how you can make a change to the department's development mandate.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see Africa's financial service industry going?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst (Consultant) At Private Sector Facility Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at African Development Bank (Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)) in April 2016.

Interview

Request for Expressions of Interest.
    Submitted expression of interest
    Shortlisted and requested to submit technical and financial proposals to discuss proposed methodology, experience with similar assignments, experience working with lending and risk management instruments
    Interview like discussion of experience with Hiring / Task Manager
    Negotiation of contracts
    Contract discussion , review and signing

Interview Questions

• Describe Experience in Risk Participation and Guarantee instruments   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Role was already pegged to the same grade with a Young Professional in the Bank or even lower given that staff have benefits and allowances (i.e. $7750 monthly fees with no staff benefits. Contract amount already stated on the EOI request and RFP which was quite and rather unusual.

Education Sector Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Borj Ennbaza (Tunisia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at African Development Bank (Borj Ennbaza (Tunisia)).

Interview

Interview conducted by a panel of members representing different departments in the organization. After a self introduction, each panel member takes turns to ask questions. At the conclusion, candidate is asked if he has questions or final thoughts.

Interview Questions

• Comment on your qualifications, skills and experience and how they would be a plus at the position.
      Your greatest achievement in your career and you biggest failure if any?
      Your knowledge of the sector, its challenges and opportunities?
      Your leadership and managerial experience?
      Your intercultural awareness and skills?   1 Answer
    • Q: As a manager, how would you manage conflict with an employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations as all conditions were known in advance.

Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Al Karm (Tunisia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at African Development Bank (Al Karm (Tunisia)) in April 2014.

Interview

1. Ten candidates out of 200 were pré selected for a 2-day sélection process at thé bank' HQs
    2. This was followed by a written test consisting of 5 technical questions directly related to thé durcies
    3. Thé day after, an interview took place with a panel of six (hiring dépt., M&E, HR, gender)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quitte long

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tunis (Tunisia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at African Development Bank (Tunis (Tunisia)).

Interview

Online tests (Analytical; quantitative and personality); Phone interview, assessment centre and panel interview

Interview Questions

• Mix of technical (development and Africa oriented), motivation and hr questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiations

Principal Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at African Development Bank in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one interview conducted via video conference. The panel comprised of two staff from the hiring unit, an HR person and two other staff members from units that worked closely with my unit. Questions were generic about background, experience and language ability as the Bank has two official languages namely English and French.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult but I was asked to elaborate on a very brief answer I gave on risk management processes.   Answer Question

The Bank headquarters will be returning to Abidjan soon and I am not sure that it is entirely safe to do so yet.

Agricultural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at African Development Bank (Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria)) in November 2011.

Interview

Was short listed and invited for an interview with 2 weeks notice to interview date
    The first stage was a computer appreciation test. The instruction was specific
    1. Open a file in your name on the desktop.
    2. Answer the questions( 3No.) given in Microsoft word and save it in your file on the desk top
    3. One hour was given to answer the question which was an essay type question.
    4. The question bordered on the procedure for funding a project by the bank, the next was based on how you will handle a typical situation when you go out as a team on a project verification team. Assuming a member of the team, the accountant happens not to agree to go out with the team on the critical assignment, what will you do?

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bārdaw (Tunisia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at African Development Bank (Bārdaw (Tunisia)) in May 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was basically based on proposal to be submitted (technical and financial). They conducted a background check on education, with past and current employers