Agora Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2018

2.8

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agora Financial (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

On phone and then in person, clear and straight forward and they gave good over view of what the job involved and what you are accountable for. In person was pleasant and no pressure, very relaxed.

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Agora Financial (Baltimore, MD) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online for a Managing Editor position in January, had a phone screen a week later. I took a few skills tests and submitted a writing sample. I was then given a small panel interview with 3 people about 2 weeks later, in February. A week later I was asked back for a second interview with 2 people. At the end of the second interview, I was told to look for a forthcoming offer in my email, which never came.

2 weeks later I contacted the HR associate with whom I had the original phone screen to follow up, only to be told that the company had gone with someone else more experienced, and I was asked if I was interested in similar positions within the network. I wrote back immediately and expressed that I would be interested in another position. I followed up with her three more times over the course of March, but I never heard anything from this HR associate again, so I gave up.

I put in a considerable amount of time applying to and interviewing with this company, and I am disappointed with the lack of communication involved on their end. I've been avoiding applying to any of the (numerous) open jobs with Agora Financial and its affiliates because I can't keep expending my time, energy, and gasoline only to be jerked around and ultimately ghosted with nothing to show for any of it.

Product Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agora Financial.

Interview

Applied online, heard back within 48 hours. Had a 45 minute phone interview with HR. They basically asked all the standard questions. I was asked in for a in-person interview about a week later. That lasted about 1.5 hours. 2 days later I got an email asking me to interview for a different role in the same company. I interviewed for that and wrote a long writing sample for them, but they decided to hire from within. The whole process start to finish was about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If you could have a drink with two famous and/or historical figures, who would they be?   2 Answers

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agora Financial (Baltimore, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

The process happens in 4 steps. The first one is a half and hour long interview were they get a sense of who you are and what your goals are. So its not really talking about what you can do but moreso Agora going over everything they do. The second step is the in-person interview and the test. Usual stuff, you go over your portfolio what the job would entail, what makes you a good fit for the company, things like that. Then after that interview, you get a quick tour and take a test to demonstrate that you can do what you say you can do. The test usually takes about an hour. Usually, a couple of days later, they'll email you with an assignment to complete over the weekend, just a headline design and some copy edits. It takes about 2 hours to do. After that, there is another interview where you meet all the managers and just get a sense of who they are and things like that but its super quick and they'll tell you if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agora Financial in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process took about 2 weeks. The company is a great place to work at. I really enjoyed working for Agora. There is lot of opportunity to progress in this company.

Junior Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agora Financial in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for this position through requiting company and it was with 3 steps:
    1. Phone screen interview (scheduled for 2 days ahead of time).
    2. Test, which included knowledge of HTML, css, JavaScript, framework like Bootstrap or Foundation. (They gave me time to complete the tests during the weekend and it’s not timed like other companies do).
    3. On-site interview face to face (right after I passed the tests they made this interview scheduled for the next week).
     Pros:
    The tests were super easy! The location I went was wrong, but the interviewer went outside of the office to find me and brought me to the right location for face to face interview;) Team is really friendly and nice! Questions wasn’t hard at all.
     Cons:
    Since the test was easy in a good way, there’re cons about that. They don’t have algorithm test, which in my opinion you can tell a lot about the candidate’s abilities. Their test only shows that you know basic stuff, which is going to lead of being unsure if you are the right candidate.
    Advice:
    If you get selected for final face to face interview, make sure that you will know 100% where they are located! You know actually go head and visit their office ahead of time)) hope it helps;)

Junior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agora Financial (Baltimore, MD) in September 2018.

Interview

TL;DR I did a phone interview and it went great. I did their lengthy coding challenge, then I got ghosted.

I got a call from a recruiter at 14 West (their staffing company I think) and he set me up with a phone interview with one of the lead developers at the Baltimore office. The phone interview went very well. We mainly talked about how I would approach a few different UX scenarios and then about how well I would fit in with the company culture. We seemed to hit it off really well and he sent me a coding challenge (write some HTML/CSS to replicate a mockup and then debug some basic Javascript). Immediately after my interview the recruiter called me to follow up and said the feedback he got was great.

I had maybe 4-5 days to do the challenge and the HTML part took several hours. I sent him my code by the deadline, and I didn't hear any feedback for about a week, so I followed up. The guy responded and said he would be reaching out the following week regarding next steps. I waited over a week, and nothing. I followed up with the recruiter, and two weeks later I have not gotten a response. If this lack of respect is how they treat someone who took several hours to complete their coding challenge I don't see them being able to effectively attract talent in the future.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about designing a website for a client?   Answer Question

Sport Marketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agora Financial (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first was talking about my experience and future aspirations. I was called back the next week for a second interview. This is where I sat down and took a test on my marketing skills.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer