Air Force Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Air Force Academy

Child and Youth Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Air Force Academy (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then got an interview the following week. It was very easy and quick. She basically just outlined what the job entailed and asked me some questions about myself. Lasted about 30 minutes. I declined because I was told there were no guaranteed hours, but you had to be on call from 6am-6pm. So no way to plan your life around work really.

Major Gift Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Air Force Academy (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

Meet everyone at the company one on one. Meet with the fundraising team for lunch. If your job requires technical knowledge, you need to be prepared to demonstrate your capabilities and describe how you would solve some of the problems you are likely to encounter.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in USAF Academy, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Air Force Academy (USAF Academy, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

An email call from the AF Personnel Center went out to all Cyber Ops officers announcing the availability of positions in the Computer Science Department. The AF has a formal process (Form 3849) for applying, but simultaneously I was working directly with the department's personnel officer to ensure receipt of the required paperwork and scheduling of an interview. The interview was panel-based, containing about 5 faculty members (3 military and 2 civilians). It was fairly low-threat; all were warm and pleasant. It was about 3 months after the interview that I learned I was hired.

Interview Questions

• The questions were geared at getting to know me, both in the context of research interests, prior teaching experience, etc. There were no "what is your greatest weakness" or other psychological types of questions.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Force Academy (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone call that lasted approximately 1 hour. Everything else was handled over email and short phone calls. By far the best interview experience I have had in the optics industry, which is well known for it's grueling 6+ hour interrogation-style interviews.

Interview Questions

• The main purpose of the interview was to gauge my ability to work in the laboratory, as well as my ability to run theoretical analyses.   1 Answer