Air National Guard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Air National Guard Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.8

Medical Supply Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Air National Guard.

Interview

Talked to an ang recruiter. They told me job options that I qualified for and what each job does. You have to take a placement exam to get tour scores.

Production Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air National Guard.

Interview

You need to be apart of the unit if you want a chance to interview. You have to apply online and you will be contacted if accepted to interview.

Interview Questions

• Usually you will be asked to do a sell pitch for some random item.   1 Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air National Guard in October 2015.

Interview

Online application and then got selected for a phone interview. The application was standard USAJOBS application, and the interview was a panel of four people who each asked questions in turn. They were all scripted questions with no back and forth or discussion, just they ask a question and you answer. So it is difficult to get a sense of what they are thinking and to have a conversation about skills that may not be part of the questions asked.

Master Sergeant AGR Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Air National Guard.

Interview

After I applied, it took a couple of months before I was contacted for an interview. The interview took place at the unit on Joint Base Lewis McChord. There was a panel of 6 people asking one question a piece, these questions ranged from personality questions to situation questions then they ask if you have any questions. It is always good to have questions prepared and thank the panel for their time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had a conflict between your personnel and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Security Forces Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Air National Guard (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

Federal-esque, script-based interview focusing entirely on reciting codified material unavailable to external applicants. As one coming from another branch, preparing for the interview turned out to be absolutely impossible. The interview was less about qualifications and more like a pop quiz, except the study material was not available in advance.

Interview Questions

• What is Air Force regulation yada-yada-yada?   1 Answer

Project Planner & Resource Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air National Guard (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Very structured, very rigid, very formal, military style interview. Panel interview with three SNCO. Was asked some technical questions, and also asked some very general questions. There was not much room for them to ask me other questions that might relate to the job. The only questions they asked were already prepared prior to the interview and probably were given to them by the state HQ.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Air National Guard.

Interview

Very good question about leadership. they asked my on management traits. teamwork/ team building task. They finished the interview with Fuels related question on safety and family. They offered me job and have been nothing but a very family base company and willing to help.

Negotiation

Paying me like i'm on active duty.

Chief Enlisted Adviser for the Medical Squadron Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Air National Guard (Reno, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved a board of four members plus one observer from the Human Resources department. Each member of the board asked about three to four questions each with the questions concerning the departments that they lead. The whole interview and questions took about forty-five minutes to do, although there were a couple of interviews that took much longer.

Interview Questions

• What would I do first if I was awarded the position.   1 Answer

Logistics Manager Interview

Interview

Take ASVAB and see what job best suited for. No formal interview Not much more I can say pretty self explanatory Take test and see where you fall in the military

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinsburg, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air National Guard (Martinsburg, WV).

Interview

For mid-level jobs, it helps to know technical data and be keen in the field of hire but for higher positions it will be more of a situational awareness type of interview. All interviews are conducted in a panel forum and each interviewer asks separate questions to the candidate, all candidates will be asked the same exact questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational awareness, more of how would you handle a situation and more about company structure.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only negotiation is for the step increases for the allotted pay grade.refer to HRO.