Airvana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airvana Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Airvana.

Interview

11 ppl interviewed from 3 different teams. development for software, development for hardware and sustaining. interview started at 9 a.m and ended at 6. Included lunch break and feedback was instant.

G&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airvana (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

One phone interview, one on-site interview, and offer made all within a couple of weeks. Negotiable salary and stock options. Recruiters and Human Resources staff were outgoing, knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Airvana in February 2013.

Interview

first it is the recruiter phone call and then phone screen next
    if it goes well, there will be an in-person interview on site
    Technical review and work experience questions are asked

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airvana (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

Interview setup went fast and smooth. Initial phone interview with hiring manager. After onsite interview with 5 or 6 interviewer which started at 9am, going for lunch and one more in the afternoon. Dec. Alll were very nice and helpful.ision was made quickly after this one interview day.

Interview Questions

• Questions were job specific. No 'typical' interview question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was possible in regards to stock options.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Airvana (Chelmsford, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Regular interview questions. Co-founders are involved in the interview process. Tried to understand your background based on your resume, but was able to navigate well

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently at Airvana within the first 3 months ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay attention to details. Critical information is left out, which you don't realize until you become part of the company

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Airvana (Boston, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

2 phone screens and 6 personal interviews

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how you'll pitch our technology to a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR inconsiderate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airvana (Chelmsford, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Was initially interviewed on the phone with 3 people. Questions varied from stuff I did for my dissertation to wireless technologies like 802.11, with an emphasis on C++. I got through the phone interview pretty easily and was invited on-site. First I had to do a presentation for 45 mins, followed by 6 in-person interviews. Questions were mostly focused on C++, with a few brain-teasers. I knew that I had done the interview well, and was offered the job a week later.

Interview Questions

• Are there cases when it's desirable to declare the constructor as "private"?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airvana (Chelmsford, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interview was about 20 mins, Basic resumes related questions and description about the position.
    1:1 interview with 5 mangers and directors - Not difficult, mostly around SW development cycle, process, matrix collections; etc.
    Final interview with the VP of Engineeing - more around to let me know company culture and what to expect; etc.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airvana.

Interview

It was a campus drive. We had a written test followed by two technical round. As I preffered the QA profile cause I was more interested in wireless communication than coding so mostly it was wireless communication related questions. It took a whole day and we got the result at night. Overall it was a pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• Are u going to opt for MS or higher studies in future   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

R & D Module Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airvana (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Two or Three Technical Rounds.
    Director and HR Round
    Java Basics ( Encapsulation, Data Binding, Inheritance, Exception Handling )
    Java Advanced ( Collection Framework )
    Data Structures and Algorithms ( Use Cases based questions )
    Design Questions ( Design Patterns )
    Performance Tuning ( JVM Tuning, Scaling etc.. )
    Database Questions ( Joins, Indexing, Schema Design etc )

Interview Questions

• Java Basics
      Java Advanced