Akima Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Akima

2.4

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Interview

The Recruiter was extremely friendly, helpful and available to answer any questions, before and after the interview. The interview with my potential manager was more like an intelligent discussion rather than an interrogation.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Akima (Herndon, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

two interviews. First was a one on one with the director and the second was a panel interview. Questions regarding past experience, skill set, growth and career development The interview was condensed in to 90 minutes with a break and another panel interview with mostly the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Please describe a situation when you felt a client was being aggressive. How did you react?
      Have you ever worked in a high pressure environment?
      Do you have or have you ever obtained a security clearance?   Answer Question

Contracts Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Akima (Herndon, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview
    1:1
    Group/ panel w team
    The interview was rather easy since all questions focused on Govt contracting and my experience. Akima was implementing a new system and I was hired more for data entry than anything. Once the new Director arrived she replaced everyone with her own team. Very difficult person to work with. Not much a of team player. Went behind peoples back and would play games.

Negotiation

it was through a staffing agency so no nego

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akima (Herndon, VA) in April 2009.

Interview

Submit application and conduct 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty firm in their offer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akima (Livermore, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

The process started with an e-mailed application specific questionnaire. It was quite simple; a neophyte application user could have answered the questions with relative ease. The next step was a panel interview. Two client representatives asked application specific questions for about 1/2 hour. The interview concluded. It took about one week to get the decision.

Negotiation

N/A

Instructional Systems Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Akima (Hampton, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

It began with a call from a recruiter, followed up by an in person informal interview with a project manager, and finally an interview for the ISD position with the branch program manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer who was asking you to produce something outside the scope of the contract?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akima (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Was a very laid back atmosphere with the deputy manager. He pretty much stated what was going to involved and what i should expect. The circumstances were different than a regular interview as I had already secured the job beforehand through a networking connection.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Akima in January 2015.

Interview

Applied and was interviewed first through an outside agency. It took only 4 days to get an interview with the hiring manager. However, it turned out to be a panel phone interview, which I thought was odd

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. However, most of the participants didn't have any contribution   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Akima (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Two interviews a screening interview and a interview with the president. Questions were evenly spaced about operational managment, financial managment, and providing customer service within a contract vehicle.

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akima (Charlotte, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

Very confusing. Initial screening interviews several times by different outside recruiters as well as internal HR reps. The initial salary range in the posting was $100K, but it kept heading lower in subsequent interviews without any explanation. They never seemed to know what they were doing.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   2 Answers