Aksia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aksia (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

Small firm in very nice location in NYC. Waited for over an hour to see first person. nice guy, no technical questions. general market questions and questions about me. second person was a more technical. third women was very abrasive and the interview was very technical.

Interview Questions

• what are the advantages of investing with a hedge fund?   Answer Question
    • why would you take a short position on a stock?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aksia in February 2014.

Interview

There were some Initial questions about experience and knowledge of company from a junior sales guy, followed by a written test - three questions, somewhat technical. Was kept waiting for about 30mins before interview started. Interviewer looked like he didn't want to be there.

Interview Questions

• How much money does Aksia advise on   1 Answer

Job not described correctly by the recruiter.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aksia (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school website; first interview on-campus. Super day in NYC, interviewed with two junior people and three partners, and then took a writing test. It was a long process with challenging interviews. The firm invests time and effort in its recruiting process to maintain the right culture.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aksia (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a long process, which involved coming into their office on five separate occasions to meet different members of the team. There was an Excel test and a writing test (separate times). The people were very nice, and some asked more questions about my background and experience, whereas others asked random physics problems (i.e. if a car is traveling at 30mph....). Other questions revolved around hedge fund indices and why they were bad indicators of hedge fund performances.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between the various hedge fund indices?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aksia (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Emailed HR in response to online posting for entry level research analyst and they were very nice throughout the whole process.

First interview was with HR and was pretty standard, but had an hour long essay at the end to test writing skills (written without spellcheck).

The next week I met with two of the analysts on the team and had standard interviews with them, more on the technical side.

Came back the next week and met with a partner who told me that he was meeting with a few other candidates and that the candidates meet with all the partners before being hired. After realizing that there would be another 3-4 rounds I groaned inwardly. It might have also been outwardly since I got the "thank you for coming but you didn't made it to the next round" email shortly afterwards.

Very nice offices (building seen in some Suits episodes), lots of marble, cubicles look like relaxed trading floor, great views since very high up and lots of glass walls in office. Sounded like 9-5 hrs and nice three yr rotational program.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a machine that popped out $1 each year? How much would you buy it off me for? How much would different types of investors bid for it?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aksia (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR representative by phone and had a brief interview, very basic. The next step was an in person interview in NYC. Met with HR and it was a standard behavioral interview. Then I was asked to write an essay. This essay had 4 topics you could choose. One topic was writing about a political hero in your life. Another one was defend/accept efficient market theory. You have one hour to write the essay and you do not have spell check. If you make too many mistakes they fail you. If you pass the essay you will then meet with three analysts/senior people. The questions they asked were all fundamental analysis based. They really harped on these types of questions. Had a similar question to what someone else posted. Did not make it to next round. Very professional group. Expect a very long interview process.

Interview Questions

• If you had a machine that produced $100 dollars for life what would you be willing to pay for it today?   74 Answers

Manager Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aksia (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Began with a phone interview, which went very well. I was asked technical questions that were relevant to my field and background, along with some personality type questions. I had heightened interest in the role after the call. The evening prior to the in person interview, I was informed that I would be required to take an "Excel test" prior to meeting anyone. As this was a managerial position, I was surprised at this, and was quite frankly annoyed to the extent that I told the recruiter to tell Aksia I would be cancelling the interview. The recruiter said that it was not a test in Excel, but a test of calculations relevent to my background. I showed up in the morning, only to find that the test had nothing to do with calculations relative to my industry. I began the test. About 5 minutes in, I realized that under no circumstance would I accept a position with the company. I just sat there and waited to them to come back. I told them what I thought, and we parted ways.

Corporate Compliance Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Aksia (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The most extensive interviewing process I've seen. I had to submit my SAT scores to get the first interview, even though I graduated college 10 years ago. I had to complete two hour-long tests in order to qualify for an interview with the General Counsel just to be told I didn't have enough experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were researching/investigating a hedge fund for our clients, what would you look for?   Answer Question

Hedge Fund Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aksia in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was on-campus and lasted 30 mins. I spoke with an Analyst who had been with the company for a few years. Mostly fit questions related to my past work experience. The last question was a kind of brain teaser, pretty easy but required some knowledge of statistics and game theory. On the way out, the interviewer invited me to a happy hour that night. Aksia is a small firm so I assume this happy hour was important, however I was not able to attend.

Interview Questions

• 100 hedge fund managers are each flipping a coin individually, betting from $0-100 on if the value would be heads or tails. What would the average bet be?   1 Answer

Hedge Fund Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aksia.

Interview

First round phone interview, surprisingly more difficult than typical screening interviews. Asked what kind of hedge funds there are, what questions would you ask a manager, what's the most important qualities a good manager has, experiences working in a group. Super day in New York consisted of a writing assessment, two interviews with more junior people (they asked questions off a script, pretty standard questions), and three interviews with the partners (all different, one was all about what's happening in global markets, where you would put your money, one was a case study about mortgage backed securities which was pretty interesting).

Pretty long process, but overall good experience. Their office is really nice.

Interview Questions

• Writing assignment: Given a half hour, choose a question to answer. Some examples were what's the biggest obstacle to acceptance of self-driving cars, if you could recommend one book to someone what would it be and why.   Answer Question