Alberta Electric System Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alberta Electric System Operator Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alberta Electric System Operator

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alberta Electric System Operator.

Interview

Very slow to call back, approximately 6 weeks after posting closed. Initial phone interview followed by detailed reference check. Two in person interviews, first with HR rep and then later with the reporting Director and SME.

Interview Questions

• Asked specific questions about electricity industry and nomenclature.   Answer Question

EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Electric System Operator (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

First round was with an engineer and the HR head of the EIT program and they had a booklet of questions to go through. Asked questions about the resume, relevant classes, basic power systems questions then standard behavioral interview questions. The second round of the process will be with managerial engineers.

Interview Questions

• Simple power questions differences/advantages of AC vs DC, what is power factor   Answer Question
    • How would you handle unhappy customers   Answer Question

Electrical EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Electric System Operator (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed an interview request. Went online and scheduled my date to go. Getting the initial interview took about 5 weeks, scheduled interview within 1 week, heard back after 2 weeks. They ask both behavioural and technical questions. They are a very hardcore, technical company and look for people confident in their electrical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are the standard voltages in AB? What is complex power? Power factor? What is your ideal employer? What are some things your previous co-workers or classmates would say about you?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Electric System Operator (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed was done in minimum of 2 interviews. The questions were based on experience, skills and behavioral examples. The first interview was conducted by the people occupying managerial positions and second interview was conducted by the business partners and required me to provide examples of the work I have done before.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when there was an employee in the team that tends to argumentative.   Answer Question

Market Operations Student-Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alberta Electric System Operator (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

It was an average interview. First, the two people who interviewed me were 15 mins late. During the interview one of these two people was texting. Indeed, this shows respectfulness and rudeness. I would never work for such a company.