Alcoa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2018

2.8

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

Process took two weeks. Started with 30 minute phone interview followed by a 5 hour interview process two weeks later. 5 hour interview included multiple different people and a group activity.

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

Applied online. received an email to take a knowledge test that had general education categories. Math and reading comprehension primarily. they let you know if you passed or failed. if you pass you move onto the interview. from there it will be determined if an offer will be made.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

Long, full day of interviews including a lunch interview. Mostly based on interest and fit. No technical questions. I met with everyone in the team for which I was applying. Many of the questions were repetitive despite the fact that there wasn't a standard list. There was a little opportunity to ask some questions at the end of each interview. I found out about 5-6 days later that I had received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you know about this business?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcoa (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I started out with a phone screen and then was selected to be interviewed with four people separately. All four of the people were nice however two of the four people left the company shortly after I got there.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Name a time where you had a problem on a project and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I interviewed at Alcoa (Knoxville, TN) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online including a resume and a cover letter. I was set up with a 30 minute phone interview. Interview questions were quite difficult. As far as the technologies and tools the group used, it sounded like they were almost exclusively an Excel shop. I should have spent considerably more time learning about commodities pricing and the aluminum industry as a whole.

Interview Questions

• If federal interest rates increase, what will the effect be on the price of metal?   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Kingston, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied via brassring website. HR called and set up an interview. Very friendly people and the interview was very easy. Interviewed with HR, Quality Manager, and Quality team leader. 3 hours long-used a couple different inspection gauges to measure a couple different parts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcoa (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied for a summer internship from college and was interviewed over the phone by Debra who asked just ordinary set of questions. When talked about my background in mathematics and how that was useful in different departments. THen she asked the started interview questions.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcoa in October 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward. I was greeted at the door by the hiring manager. It was just one guy asking questions and taking notes. The process went smoothly, and the guy was super easy to talk to. He described the internship details and said he would contact me in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a difficult obstacle independently. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alcoa (Evansville, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

Behavioral interview, fairly casual for me as it was a part of a tour and the interview was scattered through the whole day. Not too intimidating, generally very nice and responsive.

Intern Interview

Interview

I was contacted by email to conduct a Phone Interview. The questions were quite basic and mostly situational and behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary. The interviewer was nice too.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where your morals were put in question   Answer Question