Alcoa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alcoa Center, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Alcoa Center, PA) in January 2019.

Interview

Skills, drive wants and desires. Salary. Wanted to know work history and how it applies to current role. How life experiences help you at work. What you did in a tough situation. What your goals for the next 6 years are. What your goals for the next 10 years are.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ferndale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Ferndale, WA).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview then offered on the phone. Interview was not difficult or long. Background and drug test required. Very easy interview/process. Interview was done by HR and not the hiring manager. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

Hired through a Head Hunter. Once I accepted the position, the local HR Manager would call me at all hours of the night to talk, even though I had not yet started working for the company. I finally just stopped taking her calls.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alcoa (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

First had phone screening, then Met with Engineering manager, then a business manager finally talked with Human Resources.

There were two rounds of interviews, then background checks and drug screening

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcoa (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Submit resume, quick phone screen, then a panel discussion. Room was like a giant class room with all the other managers at the front. It honestly felt a little weird with the separation between them and me.

Maintenance Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferndale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcoa (Ferndale, WA) in August 2018.

Interview

The initial interview was on the phone with two members of the team. Basically, it was just a review of my resume, my past experiences, and the typical management and supervision questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The in-person interview was at the Alcoa plant. First, we did a plant tour, met with some of the staff, and discussed Alcoa and the future of Alcoa in the area. The interview was broken down into two seperate sections. First, we did a interview utilizing a computer to gauge my computer skills.

Question 1...I was given the task to generate a email and order some safety supplies from a distributor...easy

Question 2..I needed to research a fault motor that had been identified from one of the tech. Also uses some outdated, systems and the entire spare part inventory is in excel. So, being able to sort out items and finding what you need on excel is crucial...if you can sort data, and "CTRL-F" you will be ok

Question 3..Plan out a maintence schedule for some preventive maintenance. I didn't do to well on this. This is where my lack of excel use was showing. I should have sorted out the data, and filtered the cells, before I tried to copy paste the info. Once again..if you are good at excel, you will be good...if not watch some youtube videos and practice.

Second part of the interview was scenario and personality questions..all the typical, no surprises

Interview Questions

• I was asked to plan the maintenance for the overall of a boiler...   Answer Question

Assistant General Counsel Interview

Interview

Full schedule of group and one-on-one interviews in Pittsburgh. There was a lunch, too. They paid for travel and lodging. Very positive experience with an organization with a lot of professionalism.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

Process took two weeks. Started with 30 minute phone interview followed by a 5 hour interview process two weeks later. 5 hour interview included multiple different people and a group activity.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

Interview process took approximately 3 weeks from the initial phone call. It was very professional, but also a very relaxed interview. The entire team was welcoming and really took the time to interview me and provide me the chance to interview them. It was a nice change to have an interview feel like a two-way conversation rather than feel like an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• What is your work style?
      What type of manager and management style will make you successful?
      What are your goals?   1 Answer

Wax Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Dover, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

Went to job fair had an initial interview got called a months later will mee with hr the going to get physical and drug test was told that I was hired for night shift

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime   1 Answer