Alcoa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.8

Pot Room Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburg, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alcoa (Newburg, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

Was very easy to answer. Nice employees doing the interview. Very thoroght in interviews. They understood where u coming from . Explained the scheduling and was honest about the job. Talked about the job process and the union and talked about safety.

Interview Questions

• About diversty and why u choose alcoa. Why u leave job. About wages and how u r in heat and what u wear   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massena, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcoa (Massena, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy interview mostly safety.work ethic .I did test and passed,got the interview did plant tour drug test. And I have heard back may 2017 no offer , it would be nice to get a call or a letter just I did or didn't get the job.maybe I will something soon . everything was ok with the interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time when my ideas helped the job   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Massena, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcoa (Massena, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email for phone screen about a month later. Info was sent to the hiring manager (controller) and he requested an interview the same week. Was told I would hear back the following weak to set up a 3rd interview to come on-site; however, I didn't hear back until a week and a half later. They extended an offer without a 3rd interview.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional and well-done. Asked very meaningful questions and appeared to genuinely care about me as a potential employee. They were very prompt in calling me after my application was submitted.

Interview Questions

• What in the job description convinced you to apply for this internship?   Answer Question

Turning Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barberton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcoa (Barberton, OH).

Interview

Interview and hiring process is completely unrelated to work performed. They run you through a slew of mind-numbing tests so that you are completely disabled to ask relevant questions. Very one sided if you are not expecting this.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond in this (completely irrelevant) situation.   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

Interview involved a panel of management and workforce. The emphasis was on past experience, job knowledge and personality. Smile and shake hands firmly, high workplace turnover means they will offer you a job!

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time you faced a hardship or hard decision at work?   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, two phone interviews first with an HR guy then a couple of people from the team. I then visited the technical center where I met with other scientists on the team and presented for 30 minutes about my research. It was a great experience! Everybody was polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• The mostly just asked about the experiences on my resume. At the very end of the onsite visit the HR guy went through a couple of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (New York, NY).

Interview

Internal recruiters call you to discuss the position and then you go to the hiring manager. Recruiter is very promising and excited but not exactly in tune with what job is. Was told to expect to interview in couple weeks but never heard from him again. I received canned email saying you don't have experience for the position(yet I do).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

I saw them at my school career fair and submitted my resume to them. Later, I received a call from a Engineering Manager for a phone interview. Interview was all behavioral, straight forward, so always prepare answers and questions for them as well as know about the company and location you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to overcome a challenge in communication.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcoa (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at the career fair and then they signed me up for a next day in person interview. The in person interview was mainly behavioral questions, then after that I was sent a link to a video interview. The video interview was one where they had pre-set questions and I was supposed to record my answer for them and send it to them.