Alcoa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alcoa Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2018

2.8

Assistant General Counsel Interview

Interview

Full schedule of group and one-on-one interviews in Pittsburgh. There was a lunch, too. They paid for travel and lodging. Very positive experience with an organization with a lot of professionalism.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

Interview process took approximately 3 weeks from the initial phone call. It was very professional, but also a very relaxed interview. The entire team was welcoming and really took the time to interview me and provide me the chance to interview them. It was a nice change to have an interview feel like a two-way conversation rather than feel like an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• What is your work style?
      What type of manager and management style will make you successful?
      What are your goals?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

Process took two weeks. Started with 30 minute phone interview followed by a 5 hour interview process two weeks later. 5 hour interview included multiple different people and a group activity.

Wax Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Dover, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

Went to job fair had an initial interview got called a months later will mee with hr the going to get physical and drug test was told that I was hired for night shift

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Analyst - Freight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me to set up a time to discuss the position. After that I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then I had a face to face on site panel interview with 3 people in two 30 minute segments. They were concerned with how well the candidate could take on a leadership role after making the original position something of their own. They want you to act like you are so gracious and honored to be interviewing with their company, even ecstatic. They ask you a few questions of their own about your abilities and what you’ve done in the past but also generic interview questions printed on a sheet of paper. It took 17 business days and 3 attempts to contact the recruiter before I got an answer about their decision to move forward with other candidates.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcoa in November 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter went very well he moved my app forward to the hiring manager as highly recommended. That was on the 17Th of the month by the 20th my login said I was “no longer being considered “ but the date “no longer being considered “ was the 7th ten days before I was interviewed? My attempts to contact the recruiter, HR & hiring manager at the location was very difficult but I was successful contacting each. I asked if there may have been a mistake and if they could check please. The hiring manager said he “didn’t know what was going” but would check and call me back, he never did. The HR person said the same thing and said they didn’t receive my app from the recruiter but would check it and call me back, never did. A few days later I received a call from the recruiter he said he did forward my app as recommended to the HR person at the location. He went on to say the location has “decided to go in a different direction” i thanked him for his time asked why there was 10 day gap between my interview date and login message he said “he didn’t know” and the decision was final. I thought the process was a little disorganized and could have been handled better with good communication between all involved.

EHS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

Easy, not difficult. Asked about work experience and what I could contribute. Make sure you do your research before going to an interview to a company. Shows you care.

Pot Room Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburg, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alcoa (Newburg, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

Was very easy to answer. Nice employees doing the interview. Very thoroght in interviews. They understood where u coming from . Explained the scheduling and was honest about the job. Talked about the job process and the union and talked about safety.

Interview Questions

• About diversty and why u choose alcoa. Why u leave job. About wages and how u r in heat and what u wear   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massena, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcoa (Massena, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy interview mostly safety.work ethic .I did test and passed,got the interview did plant tour drug test. And I have heard back may 2017 no offer , it would be nice to get a call or a letter just I did or didn't get the job.maybe I will something soon . everything was ok with the interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time when my ideas helped the job   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Massena, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcoa (Massena, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email for phone screen about a month later. Info was sent to the hiring manager (controller) and he requested an interview the same week. Was told I would hear back the following weak to set up a 3rd interview to come on-site; however, I didn't hear back until a week and a half later. They extended an offer without a 3rd interview.