Aldermore Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aldermore Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at Aldermore Bank

2.6

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank in October 2017.

Interview

It was a telephone interview which started with a description of the role. We then went through my CV, and questions were asked on what I did during previous jobs. Only the most recent CV entries were discussed, and in particular those which most closely matched the job role.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with someone in a meeting who was clearly a subject matter expert and who wanted to talk at length about technical issues. How would I keep the meeting agenda under this circumstance.   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview first, questions about previous roles.
    Then face to face interview with two staff, the position manager and a colleague.
    Questions about the role, what I would do in various scenarios (competency based).
    Questions around me, my ability to get into the office, working with others (I had worked alone for many years) and whether being a mother affected my ability to do the job properly.

Interview Questions

• Instead of asking a question about proof of competence they flipped it and asked about a time that I'd messed up   1 Answer

Negotiation

The opening offer of salary was more than acceptable as they were desperate to hire me

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

A fairly informal first interview with Senior Director, followed by second interview which pretty much covered the same ground again. Both interviews covered the plans for the business along with exactly what the role entailed and what was expected. Quite relaxed, although plenty of probing and challenge around previous roles and achievements.

Interview Questions

• previous experience, management style, achievements, aspirations   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Wilmslow, England (UK)).

Interview

I had a 'phone interview followed by a face-face interview later. Questions were a mix of technical & competency questions. The interviewer was my future manager, and he was pleasant, courteous and enquiring

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quite straightforward. Be clear what you are looking for

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

2 interviewers, fairly relaxed. Asked about items on CV and looked for more depth in some projects I had worked on. They wanted to know why I had applied and drilled a little deeper in places.
    They wanted to know more about my relevant experience.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very strange. One interviewer repeatedly swore throughout the interview which I found to be very unprofessional. It's one things for colleagues to casually swear amongst each other but it's a massive red flag if it's happening several times during an interview process. The interviewer kept asking vague questions, knowing that I'm a recent graduate with no industry experience, and getting frustrated when I didn't have the answer. The role itself was explained with some degree of depth but it felt like the interviewer was trying very hard to sell it as a 'boring job' which came off odd as well.

Definitely one to avoid for me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people, in separate interviews. One was very Senior. I also had to go through a credit check process, as it is a bank.

Interview Questions

• How many days a week would you like to be in the office?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Reading, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

It was a 3 stage process:

Telephone interview with the recruitment agency - just the usual questions like what do you know about Aldermore (had to remember and think on my feet but he was impressed with the responses!)
    Telephone interview with one of the team
    Face to face interview the hiring manager and a member of the team - included a task on requirements and processes and some questions about how I approach stakeholders and changes in scope and requirements. It was a really relaxing chat and had an informal feel but I think that was also down to the hiring manager and the other person in the interview. The hiring manager was very approachable, down to earth and not intimidating at all. It was a genuine 2 way process and I felt comfortable having an honest and open discussion about what I was looking for and we found common ground. Definitely better than the competency based nonsense I have had elsewhere - won't be sticking around in any future interviews if they aren't as relaxed as this - it's a benchmark. Dunno whether the interview approach was the hiring manager or the organisation - the hiring manager I think.

Really happy with the process. It felt like a genuine 2 way conversation throughout all the stages and they were efficient and quick - unlike other organisations who I have interviewed with over the past few months - now I have a benchmark to compare their ineptitude against.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team and what do you want to get out of it?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview about personal motivations then 2nd interview going through cv and then competence based questions then personality test using SHL. Was striclty limited to one hour. Interviewers were distracted

Interview Questions

• When did a communication not go as well as you would have liked   Answer Question

Assistant Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Initial telephone screening followed by two in person meetings. A blend of personality, knowledge and motivations. Second meeting focussed more on working style and a couple of competency questions, but was a very nice blend of informal fact finding.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to work?
      Difficult customers and how to respond
      Prioritisation   Answer Question