Allant Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allant Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

2.5

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Allant Group.

Interview

I emailed Allant asking if they had any internship positions open for the summer and attached my resume. I received a response back saying they do and would like to set up an interview within the next couple of weeks. Due to scheduling conflicts from other internship offers, I asked if they could do the interview that week. They were very understanding and agreed. During the interview, we went through my resume step-by-step. She asked questions about my coursework, my goals for the summer, and career goals. She then asked me questions about data science, predictive modelling, and statistical techniques (e.g. Linear/Logistic Regression, Principal Component Analysis, etc.). Lastly, she asked about what programming languages I knew and asked if I was familiar with SAS. Within the following week, I was offered the internship.

The interview itself was very laid back and felt more like a conversation, which helped me relax. The interviewer was very kind and patient. Again, the interview felt like a conversation so at points she asked for my thoughts about things in data science and on other topics. Overall, I would have to say this was the best interview experience I've had so far.

Interview Questions

• Resume, behavioral, data science, and math/statistics questions.   Answer Question

Allant Group Response

Sep 6, 2016 – CEO

Appreciate the feedback and glad you had a good experience through the interviewing process. We recently instituted the internship program at Allant and we were very pleased with the results and ... More

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allant Group (Naperville, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

A total of 3 rounds of the interview took place. First was the initial telephonic round which lasted for about 30 minutes and was taken by the HR. The second round was another telephonic technical interview which lasted for 40 minutes. The final round was an onsite technical interview which lasted for approx. 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic Interview (HR): More focused on the resume, job details, and, how I could be a good fit for the company.
      Telephonic Interview (Technical): I was asked to explain everything on the resume. I was asked about specific tools the company uses.
      Technical Interview: Basic IT questions to start with. Everything mentioned on the resume. Information related to tools the company uses and the tools that I have used in the past like IBM Websphere, etc. Basic database questions. Thorough questions on my projects and course.
      Answer Question

Senior Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allant Group (Naperville, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

After the phone screening, I had 1:1 interview sessions (in person) with several people from IT as well as other areas of the company. Each session was conducted very professionally and allotted time for me to ask questions. I was informed of the next steps and the timing as to when a decision would be made. After the decision was made, and an offer extended, I worked with the hiring manager and HR department to "iron out" the details.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were focused on getting more details related to my relevant experience. Additional questions were asked related to how I would handle certain situations.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Allant Group.

Interview

Quick. My in-person interview was scheduled a week after my phone interview, and I received the formal offer letter shortly there after. On my first day, my computer, email,phone, ID badge were ready to go

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle the daily commute from Chicago to Naperville?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Allant Group.

Interview

they have three rounds of interview. Very easy they basically check the areas you worked on and what ever you have mentioned on resume. There will be three rounds of interview but the people are very friendly

Interview Questions

• How will you add checksum whille loading data to hadoop   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Allant Group.

Interview

easy and non technical. Come in talked to panel and asked few questions about previous experience and that's it. Got the job after few days. It was a contract to hire position.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allant Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the HR who asked me in breif about my background and skills. She later took close to a week to setup a phone screen with the hiring manager.
    The phone screen with Hiring Manager was straight forward and I answered all her questions. After this they never got back to me regarding an update and I had to drop emails, In mails to the HR who then gave me a call and told that they loved me and would get back with next steps. Sadly, this never happened and after several follow ups, I was updated that they decided not to move forward with my application

Interview Questions

• Resume Walk Through and Basic Business Analyst Questions   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allant Group (Naperville, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

brief, straight forward. knowledgeable recruiter / HR staff. Explanations clear/concise. Provided great overview of job. Explained company culture and toured extremely nice and professional office space. Seems like their Boston office is expanding so opportunity for relocation was discussed.

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allant Group (Naperville, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Very professional, prompt and yet cordial and warm. No "trick" questions or outrageous scenarios posed during all interviews. Very much the questions you'd anticipate with good feedback. Didn't have to do all the talking. Each person in the one on one's and panel interviews all took time to explain their roles and how the company is to work for. You can tell everyone is proud of their company. Many long-time employees and those that were new seemed happy and excited. Only drawback was the multiple interviews: 6 in all!

Interview Questions

• Name three things that if you were told was part of the job, you would NOT take the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My offer was discussed and agreed to ahead of time with the recruiter for the contract position.

Data Processing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allant Group (Naperville, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Met with Manager and VP of Operations and verbally answered questions in a conference room. I then had a tour and eventually went back to Human Resources where the process began. The interview included questions and then they allowed for questions that I had. We discussed benefits, perks and the job requirements

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little negotiation...I was happy with the ofer