Allegis Transcription Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allegis Transcription Interview Questions

Interviews at Allegis Transcription

2.2

Entry Level Transcriptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegis Transcription in June 2020.

Interview

Passed the grammar test and sample transcription. Received an email invite for an interview 2 weeks later. Did the typing test and internet research test, passed both easily. Interview went fine, never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What version Microsoft Office do you have?   1 Answer

Transcriptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allegis Transcription in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was super easy and quick. I first completed a couple of computer tests. One involved transcribing two different audio files and the other was a research test. Both were fairly simple and straight forward. I was then sent an email that I was selected for an interview and asked me to schedule it online. The interviewer called me promptly at my interview time. The interview was about 10 to 15 minutes long and she was friendly. It was a bit hard to hear her at times as the service was sketchy but that could have been on my end. Overall my interview experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had Microsoft 2013, a PC or a Mac as well as a foot pedal and good headphones.   Answer Question

Legal Transcriptionist Interview

Interview

Applied online and passed the grammar test. I heard back within two days but did not receive an interview. Decent resume and can type up to 160 words per minute. Not quite sure what this establishment is looking for at this point.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allegis Transcription in May 2020.

Interview

Called on the dot, the call lasted about 15 minutes and I was asked questions about relevant job experience and how I found the test process to be. It wasn't hard transcribing the audio they provided. I did well and have relative experience but I guess that wasn't good enough.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable with 100 pages a week? Starting pay is $1.25 per page.   Answer Question

Transcriptionist Interview

Interview

Apply online. Add resume. Take grammar test. Provide a transcript sample. A recruiter calls and asks you questions about your proficiencies and preferences, asks about hardware and software requirements, how many hours you can work per week.

Transcriber Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegis Transcription.

Interview

Half hour phone interview. Long and unnecessary. Nothing was asked that couldn't have been surmised from a resume or a cover letter. The person was arrogant and treated the process like they were doing me a favor. Wasn't anything too difficult, though, just unnecessary.

Interview Questions

Allegis Transcription Response

Nov 7, 2018 – Resources Director

Hello,
    Because we have hundreds of candidates that apply with us, it is necessary to complete an interview with individuals to gather more information beyond that requested on the application, and to determine candidates who will best meet our business needs. Allegis has a great reputation in the transcription community for providing quality services, and this is through hiring qualified transcriptionists. Unfortunately, it is certainly common practice for employers to conduct interviews before selecting those who are best for the job. We are sorry you felt that the interviewer was unkind, though all of our recruiters work very hard to ensure our interviewees have a pleasant interview, and go above and beyond to accommodate any particular needs requested by the candidate prior to the interview, as was relevant in your case. During the interview, we give all information necessary for the candidate to understand what it looks like to work for Allegis and make an informed decision on their end, happily answer any and all questions, and are transparent in what our hiring process looks like. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Transcriptionist Interview

Interview

I applied online, completed their test, submitted required paperwork and have yet to hear one word in communication from them. Even if they did not need my services, it would have been the ethical and professional thing to do to at least email me.

May 8, 2018 – Resources Director

Thank you for your feedback. We highly value communication here at Allegis and want to ensure that no candidate is ever left unsure of where they are in the application process. All candidates are sent confirmation emails as they go through each step in the application process, as well as the hiring decision, which is sent to the email address attached to your account profile. Although, depending on email settings, it is possible that they ended up in your Spam folder. If you have not received these e-mails and would like an update in regards to your application status, or would like to confirm the e-mail address we have on file for your application, please email the Allegis Talent Team directly at icjobs@allegistranscription.com.
    We can then provide specific information in regards to your application.
    Thank you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegis Transcription (Renton, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

I found the Allegis "hiring" process to be tainted with mixed messages and vague negative feedback. After seeing several online ads from the company seeking contract transcriptionists, I decided to apply for some extra work. I have MANY years of transcription work under my belt, but am always looking for new opportunities. I applied one day and was immediately sent testing materials.

The testing was straightforward, and the instructions were very clear. No problems at all, and I went through the audio with meticulous care. I checked every proper name and word in the file, went back through and listened several times, and feel that I submitted a nearly perfect transcription sample. Well, apparently Allegis agreed because they contacted me the next day with an email with the subject: "Thank you for submitting an excellent Transcription Sample."

Allegis offered me an interview and I scheduled one using their online booking system -- super-easy and clear instructions. The interviewer called me exactly on time, and we spoke for about 30 minutes. It was very pleasant, with typical questions and banter. The interviewer was very friendly and also confirmed that my transcript sample had been quite good. So we wound up our conversation and she reviewed the procedures for what would happen next. Very clear and explanatory.

Almost a week passed, and I was surprised to receive an email that indicated Allegis would not be extending a contract to me. I do not take these things personally, but I was irked at the language in the email: "Producing high quality and accurate transcripts is a key part of Allegis’ commitment to our customers, and we are very proud of the Quality Development Program that each new contractor receives, in order to guarantee this. Unfortunately, that also limits how many contract offers that can be made. Although you have great skills and experience, we will be unable to extend a contract offer at this time."

So wait a second. You said my transcription sample was "excellent." Your interviewer gave no indication to the contrary. But now suddenly you imply that I have not produced a "high quality and accurate transcript." ?

My guess is that, based on the number of recruitment ads I saw for Allegis, they attempted to hire too many people and had to backtrack. Or maybe there was something the interviewer didn't like in my answers during our phone call. That's fine...just TELL THE CANDIDATE exactly what it is, rather than guising it under some nebulous problem with the quality of a submission without providing any specifics. And please don't contradict what you've already told the applicant in terms of the quality of their work.

Like the previous reviewer, I went back and listened to the audio file and compared it to the final transcript I submitted to Allegis. It was flawless.

Interview Questions

• How many hours per week could you devote to transcribing for us?   1 Answer

Apr 16, 2018 – Resources Director

Thank you for taking the time to go through the Allegis application process and interview; we are sorry that you had a negative experience.
    As we had stated in our email to you and was re-iterated by the recruiter during your interview, you did provide a very good transcription sample. Unfortunately, that is not the only factor that is considered when determining who will receive a contract offer. The communication that you received which states “Producing high quality and accurate transcripts is a key part of Allegis’ commitment to our customers, and we are very proud of the Quality Development Program that each new contractor receives, in order to guarantee this. Although you have great skills and experience, we will be unable to extend a contract offer at this time.” is simply explaining one of the reasons we cannot offer every qualified applicant a contract, which in this case, is the capacity of our coaching program. We apologize if that communication was not clear, or if you felt it was negative in any way.
    Please keep in mind that, because of this, we always include in our email that candidates are welcome to re-apply with us every three months, and encouraged to do so.
    Thank you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied online. The process took a few days. I passed the grammar/spelling test. I then received my sample audio test and submitted that as well. A few days later, I received an email stating that I left out too many words and misheard others. This is false. I literally just listened to the audio once again and checked my VERBATIM work to see what mistakes I had made in order to improve my skills. There was only one mistake. There was also one word that was inaudible therefore, I typed [inaudible] per Allegis' directions. If you have to jump through so many hoops to in order to earn such low pay, I wouldn't recommend wasting your time applying to this company.

Interview Questions

• (No interview) I wanted to submit my application experience.   2 Answers

Nov 2, 2017 – Resources Director

Thank you for taking the time to go through the Allegis application process; we are sorry that you had a negative experience. All transcription samples are evaluated by both the accuracy of critical content and the ability to transcribe using strict verbatim. You are correct that there are sections in the sample that are inaudible, and this is not counted against your score when indicated at the appropriate times. If you would like more specific details please e-mail the Allegis Talent Team at: icjobs@allegistranscription.com and we would be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you.

IC Experienced Transcriptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allegis Transcription in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and completed a grammar test, as well as a sample audio test. I have been in the transcription business for over 25 years . I currently have a managerial position in government outside of the home. However, my at-home transcription business is my passion and I am trying to be able to do that full time (I currently work about 25 hours per week doing transcription).

I got a 100% on my grammar test and received an email from Allegis a day after submitting my audio test (which said they were impressed with my sample transcript and would like to set up an interview).

I was able to log on and choose a date and time. The recruiter called me precisely at the time I chose. We ended up doing a face-to-face video interview. She was extremely polite and made the interview comfortable. We discussed my experience (which varies from anything and everything general to insurance, legal and medical transcription) as well as my skills, typing speed and availability. She also clearly explained their expectations, pay tier, training process, etc.

The day after the interview, I received my rejection letter. I was actually quite surprised, as I felt the interview went well. While I was upset, I did not feel that the rejection letter was unprofessional, as I've seen others post. The transcription business is getting to be huge and companies have a large pool of great transcriptionists to choose from.

I did email them to find out if there was something they could recommend I work on in order to reapply in the future. They replied informing me that it was simply based on several factors, as well as others who they interviewed in the same week.

So, while the final result was not to my benefit, it was still a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you could commit to the 100-page minimum per week?   1 Answer