Allen & Gerritsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Allen & Gerritsen

2.9

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allen & Gerritsen (Boston, MA) in July 2018.

Interview

First there was a 30 minute phone screen then followed an in-person interview. After the in-person interview I never heard back from them. I followed up by email about a week later and never received a reply. The Talent and Operations Manager didn't even have the common courtesy of sending me a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical challenge you encountered a a previous job and what solution did you come up with?   Answer Question

Associate Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Gerritsen (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

First, phone interview with secretary. Then was interviewed in person by the guy who was my boss, and the girl that worked above me. The 1:1 interview lasted for about 2 hours because we had a lot to talk about.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allen & Gerritsen.

Interview

I received an email requesting an interview and when I replied a day later, I never received a response. This was very unprofessional behavior I believe: it's one thing to not respond to submitted applications, but when a conversation is initiated by the HR department, it should be concluded by them as well.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Gerritsen (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty traditional. I interviewed with the heads of the two departments I would be interning for, both interviewing in the same session, but that's not always how it goes. Everyone is very busy, so interviews are usually limited to the time frame provided (maybe an hour). Everyone that works there is incredibly friendly, so interviewees should feel comfortable going in. They may ask some tough questions, but that's not done to disarm you, simply just to get a gauge for how you think.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if there is no organization for a project?   Answer Question
    • You're told the work you've done is not what your supervisor is looking for. How do you react?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Gerritsen in April 2014.

Interview

Initial communications were very professional and timely. The interview took place in the office (though a skype session was offered). I was made to feel very comfortable as the interview was casual -- they were hiring for personality. This made for a great interview experience and bolstered the confidence in my ability for the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the difference between marketing and advertising?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, it was for an internship.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Gerritsen (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I received an invitation to interview via email on a Monday night, which I promptly replied to as to accept. I never again received correspondence from the recruiter, Dat, despite sending multiple follow up emails over the course of the following month! Ultimately, I reached Dat not through his direct phone line (which he had provided in his initial offer, but did not answer or accept voicemails) but rather by cold calling another department of the agency, and subsequently having my call transferred to him. When I finally had Dat on the line, he seemed rushed, distracted, and generally unaware of any relevant HR and scheduling responsibilities regarding my interview. In the end, he skirted my polite questions by saying he was waiting on a response from the video department's head, and that he would call me the following morning. You can guess what happened in the end.

I am no longer interested in this agency, primarily because of this unprecedentedly poor experience I had with one of their recruiters. I would advise anyone interested in A&G to be wary, consequently, as this whole ordeal reeks of internal disorganization and a lack of quality personnel.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability this week or next for an in-person interview?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allen & Gerritsen (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn and I agreed to a phone interview/screening which was difficult to set up due to the lack of responsiveness from the recruiter. After the phone interview, I was contacted by the talent manager to set up an in person interview. It was a 4 hour interview where I spoke to 4 different employees from different departments/positions for 45 min each followed by an office tour by the recruiter. At the end of the interview I was told by the recruiter that he would follow up with a ballpark salary and whether they want me to come in for a second interview.

I sent thank you emails to each person I spoke to, including the recruiter, and never heard back. Followed up with the recruiter multiple times via email and phone and never heard back. Finally caught him via phone (weeks after my interview) and he let me know that they are still in the review process.

I still have yet to hear back about the position and it is still posted on their site as an open position. This leads me to believe that they are waiting on new business to come in and lining people up in the queue for when they get a new client.

Overall, the interview and process was standard but the lack of communication from the recruiter is terrible. To have someone take time off to come in for a 4 hour interview and then never get back to them or reply to emails/phone calls is disrespectful. This reason alone makes me not want to work for this company even though the people I spoke to during my interview were great!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Gerritsen (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted the next day and asked to come into the Boston office for an interview that same week. I interviewed with the hiring manager. The conversation never really explored my experiences or qualifications for the role, which was unfortunate because I don't think I got a fair shot at showcasing why I was right for the job, but I don't believe that was the fault of any one person. That was just the way the conversation progressed.

At the conclusion of my conversation with the hiring manger, HR let me know they would be contacting me shortly to come in for further interviews with the larger team. After sending thank you notes, all parties went radio silence. I had to follow up repeatedly to get any sort of feedback on whether or not they were moving forward with my candidacy.

Overall, pretty standard interview process but terrible communication on behalf of HR. Not a great first impression of the company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Gerritsen.

Interview

Jill was very pleasant to deal with. Always keeping in touch and following through on dates. Very low key interview. You feel very comfortable speaking with senior leadership. Fantastic location and office. Apply if you have a lot of experience.

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Gerritsen in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. First, I got a call from the recruiter and then I had two interviews with the hiring managers. During this process, everything was fine. But later when they made the decision, they rejected me at first without letting me know. I emailed them to ask them about the result. They didn't reply. They replied me when I emailed them twice. I happened to know another candidate in the interviews. We found there was something different in the recruiters' emails which made us think they probably lied.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask a lot of questions. They just repeated some of the general screening questions.   Answer Question