Alliant Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Madison, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through our university job networking website and got called in for an interview based on my cover letter/resume. It was a the headquarters at Madison, and one of the interviewers (my eventual boss) was in Madison with me, while the other Skype'd in from Iowa. It took about 45 minutes. I got the call with a job offer a little less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were part of a diverse group.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to consider safety in the workplace.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Energy in February 2017.

Interview

It was on campus a week after the career fair. They had me go over my resume at first, then they went over a list of questions and and then at the end let me ask them questions about the position, the company, and them.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Received second interview invite after initial phone interview. Phone interview we're your typical questions. Second in person interview was more comfortable than expected. And information about company very thorough. I was excited and felt good about interview but the third level interview was not given to me. Couldn't say why?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story about how you initiated a safer work environment.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Madison, WI).

Interview

After skills assessment be prepared for a Behavioral Interview and a lengthy amount of time, in addition to multiple interviewers. Not much more to add to the hiring process for this company.

Interview Questions

• Each question was followed by a request to give an example.   Answer Question

Distribution Center Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliant Energy.

Interview

Have been called in twice now to test for position. After second test I asked for feedback on information I could work on, they flat out told me that because they are not using a standardized test, they are basically making it so the internals can pass the test due to needing to know company information. I have passed multiple EEI standardized tests, and one of them for this job specifically, I have even held this position at other companies. It is all up to the person "grading the test".

Do not even bother applying for the position if you are an external candidate, even if you have previous experience.

Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was about planning power distribution. I had a phone interviewand it started off about the the duties and responsibilities of the positon. Ask to go over and explain your resume, and about yourself. Ask if you have used Pspice or similar software. Then ask some technical questions. Once the phone interview is done, they will call you back in a week or two to see if you get another interview.

Interview Questions

• What device would you use if their is a lagging power factor?   1 Answer

Customer Billing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Behavioral Interview with three department leads. I believe there was a question about diversity and how I dealt with a time a co-worker was not open to a diverse environment; I also believe there was a question about a time I went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions (it was 10+ years ago, couldn't tell you exactly) and one problem solving question directly related to the work.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

Most of the questions asked were behavioral questions however there was also a technical question regarding my knowledge of the equipment I would be working with. Both of the Interviewers were very nice and I ended up working with them throughout my time with the company. Overall a good experience!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had difficulty dealing with a coworker or group member. What did you do in this situation and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Boiler Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Energy in November 2014.

Interview

Since I was out of state, I was only exposed to a phone interview. The process took around 3 weeks and I spoke with two boiler engineers who were from different locations - Iowa and Wisconsin. Many behavioral questions were asked since I had no previous internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you didn't see eye to eye with an employee or classmate and how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Madison, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

In person interview. Done by a panel of members. Mostly managers. Was interviewed mostly about the past experiences. Was informed about the responsibilities and job description. In person interview. Done by a panel of members. Mostly managers. Was interviewed mostly about the past experiences. Was informed about the responsibilities and job description.