Alliant Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Construction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason City, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Mason City, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

It took about 3 months, 3 different webx. Good quality question about safety and projects. After all that and time spent. Still trying to low ball highly skilled candidates and no relocation packages for this. Never interview in person.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Madison, WI) in March 2018.

Interview

My impression was that the hiring process was non-transparent and very dishonest. I was approached online by the HR department for an open position in the audit department but was told multiple times through out the process that an actual interview was not being conducted ( It really was). The entire process took around 4-5 months starting in late fall to early spring. There were 2 " interviews" with HR, an hour long phone call with the department managers several months later then an onsite interview with the "lead auditor" and one of the audit managers another few months down the road. Before the onsite interview you are asked to spend a significant amount of time applying to the position on their job portal, providing all of your background information and reference information. I ultimately was not offered a position there and was never told the result of the interview process. I had already accepted an offer that had a future start date and rejected another offer prior to walking into that interview but was curious about the department, current initiatives and potential fit anyways/ Ultimately I wasted a significant amount of my time for a company who was simply window shopping. Big F for the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Lets just say they didn't ask anything that allowed them to effectively determine the value I could have provided to them. First question was " Are you capable of performing the job duties described in the position description? "   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Met at career fair on campus. Had a phone interview a couple weeks later. The interview was fairly laid back, with not too many tough questions. Found out the result a day or two later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alliant Energy in October 2017.

Interview

Well put together questions, tough, but the interviewers were really respectful and kind. They took about 2 months to get back to us after the interview process so many of us assumed we did not get the job before we were called

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Madison, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of multiple interviewers, combination of behavioral and technical questions. Interviewers took turns asking questions. Diagrams could be used during technical questions. Interviewers ranged from engineers to management-level.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Madison, WI) in December 2017.

Interview

Started off with an in person interview on my college campus. Got a phone interview 2 months later with my current manager - was hired the next day. Not a terribly difficult process.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

Most of the questions asked were behavioral questions however there was also a technical question regarding my knowledge of the equipment I would be working with. Both of the Interviewers were very nice and I ended up working with them throughout my time with the company. Overall a good experience!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had difficulty dealing with a coworker or group member. What did you do in this situation and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Madison, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

Alliant uses behavior interviewing mixed with 3 job related and 3 questions related to your experience and qualifications. 4 people interviewed me: 3 directors and 1 HR.

Right away they asked me to verbalize my qualifications for the position without presenting my resume. Luckily for me I had a qualifications summary already printed out.

The behavioral questions were very typical. What would you do type questions.

The job related questions asked me how I would handle team issues and internal customer relationships

The qualification questions asked me to describe my past achievements as they would related to this position.

The interviewers were very nice to me and the meeting room was comfortable. I choked up once and one of the interviewers offed me his unopened water.

The clothing attire was professional casual and the office is only about 5 years old so it is in very nice condition. The cafe was clean and offered several choices for breakfast and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your feelings of an IT driven support structure   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Energy.

Interview

Behavioral interview. 15 questions based on situational prior experience. A list of questions for the interviewee and then time for interviewee to ask questions to interview team. Make sure to go through "typical" interview questions prior to your interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your strengths and why you are interested in the position.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Energy (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Applied online and a month later a women from HR called to set up an appointment. Interview was in person at the Cedar Rapids, IA building with 1 supervisor and 3 company employees who worked in the telecom department. The interview took an hour with both behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How many DS0's in a T1? How many DS1's in a DS3?   Answer Question
    • How would you troubleshoot when one PC can't talk to another PC in a network?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you promoted diversity in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • How do you maintain safety in the workplace?   Answer Question