Alpha & Omega Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alpha & Omega Semiconductor Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alpha & Omega Semiconductor

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alpha & Omega Semiconductor (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

The Interview process was standard. I initially met with the hiring manager and the VP and I was called again for a detailed interview with all their team members. The questions that were asked were very good and I got a good feeling about the team. After the interview process, I was told that they were interested and they even went on to give me a verbal offer with the exact salary and compensation details.At the same time, I also had a similar opportunity from another company and so they asked me if I will accept their offer. I had accepted the offer and after that, things started going bad. They remained silent for a long time. When asked, they said the CEO has not signed the offer yet. And suddenly they said they wanted me to meet another VP. Even during this interview, I was never given a full appraisal of the situation. There was also no apology for the delay and everything was kept quiet. And then later they said, they are having a hiring freeze and things cannot move forward! My question is why give verbal offers in the first place when they are in a hiring freeze?? Why call me for a second round of interview? Why give me the hope that things will work out? This has by far been my worst interview experience and because of them, I have lost another opportunity that could have worked out!

Interview Questions

• The questions that they asked were standard and detailed towards designing Analog blocks.   Answer Question

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha & Omega Semiconductor (Portland, OR) in May 2012.

Interview

I got phone interview with hiring manager. After that another phone interview with around 5 interviewers. On site interview was done after phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Very basic text based question in terms of device physics   Answer Question

Senior Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha & Omega Semiconductor (Taipei (Taiwan)) in October 2013.

Interview

HR contact first and schedule a interview. There are some exams when attending the interview, including English reading and writing, professional/ technical exams, personality exams and etc. After the exams are finished, you will have a face to face interview with the department head and the department head of sales and VP. In the end, HR will discuss the salary and benefits with you.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand LLC resonant converter? Please give a brief introduction on it.   Answer Question