Altair Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altair Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.7

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altair Engineering.

Interview

Submitted my resume and within a week they emailed me back setting up a time to come in. They didn't even care to talk, just come on in. I came in and was put into a cubicle with another person applying for the same job. They gave us two tests. The first one was a math/logic test which I understand since it's an engineering place but still odd. Javascript logic questions were tough, considering nowhere in the description was anything mentioned about using Javascript, or even HTML/CSS. The second was a test geared towards UX Design in doing wireframes for a fictional site. After that, I left and the other guy did his thing then left. They said they'd wrap up interviews in a week and get back to me. A week goes by and I email the HR contact. Nothing. I wait 2 more weeks. Nothing. Four more weeks later they post the job again. I contact a third and final time realizing there's not chance, but wanted to know what they were looking for. Nothing. Best part was there's a Chipotle about 10 minutes away, so post interview dinner was good.

Interview Questions

• Javascript logic questions on what would run when input   Answer Question

C++ Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a short one hour interview with 4 ppl on the panel. 2 managers, 2 SDE's. They handed me a few papers to solve. There were 4 C++ programs and associated questions. After this was done, they asked me questions based on my previous experience and asked me to write it all/ explain on a white board. It was a very interactive interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic C++ concepts. Previous experience and resume based.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online to software developer position and it took nearly a month for the response. First there was a phone screening. First question was tell me about yourself followed by questions from the resume and projects discussion. The questions are technical related instead of general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is debugging, what are version control repositories, discussion on projects, implementation ideas of code in the projects discussed.   Answer Question

C++ Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (Troy, MI).

Interview

Multiple stages: first there was a phone interview about position with hiring personnel (details about company and benefits) - about 20 minutes, next there was a second phone interview with hiring manager (detailed discussion of background, experience, etc.) - an hour long, and then there was an on-site technical testing session which lasted approximately two hours.

Interview Questions

• Was given a few class descriptions and asked how I would design a product from these limited requirements.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an email for on site screening test when I applied online. There were two more candidates were present for the written test along with me and I was told that there would be more next week. The test was too tedious and lengthy. Some very basic math aptitude questions from algebra, aptitude, probability and programming. I took around 1 hour of time to complete it. Then, I was asked to write program for a task and it took around 2.5hrs to complete. I don't understand the logic behind written programming test. They can screen better candidates if they take face-to-face interview which is more interactive and chances to ask more questions from varieties of area.

Interview Questions

• Programming test:
      1. Sorting of student objects by their names, groups.
      2. Write program to calculate age from birthdate and given date.
      3. Write program to accept user input from keyboard and store in file.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altair Engineering in June 2015.

Interview

This is the first-round screening. I applied online and they reached me just one day after. They said my resume looks good and want my transcripts. Questions were just ordinary. After interview, I emailed them but told next Monday they have better choice. They were very efficient in this interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

basically HR questions
    5 question : 1 how do you know about our company ? 2 visa status ? time available from May to August ? salary 20$/hour, is it ok for you ? 3 have get any backgrounds or project experience that you think match this position? 4 what's your weak points and strong points? 5 how you will deal with work when you lack motivation?

Interview Questions

• 1 how do you know about our company ? 2 visa status ? time available from May to August ? salary 20$/hour, is it ok for you ? 3 have get any backgrounds or project experience that you think match this position? 4 what's your weak points and strong points? 5 how you will deal with work when you lack motivation?   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altair Engineering in January 2015.

Interview

On application, I got an email from HR on scheduling a screening interview. In that screening interview the HR asked general HR related questions first and then moved on to a list of 20 technical questions which the hiring manager had provided to her. I handled the interview pretty well. On following up after 1 week I was informed that the position had been cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Some of the technical questions in the interview were difficult   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (Troy, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Design test was give to be completed to check proficiency and skill of candidate. Once the skill test was complete, there was a one on one interview which later led to a group discussion.

Interview Questions

• Present your portfolio and talk about your projects   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (Troy, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Quick one-on-one interview asking fairly basic technical screens. They were more interested in a working knowledge of the technology they were using - C++ dev with visual studio - than a profound knowledge of algorithms/data structures.

Interview Questions

• Asked C++ specific questions relating to some basic data structures and polymorphism.   Answer Question