Altec Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.5

ME Design Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altec Industries (Ames, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

I talked to them at the career fair at my university and applied online, they invited me to a casual dinner with the recruiters and other potential co-ops that night to get to know the recruiters a bit more and network with potential coworkers. A few weeks later I had an on-campus interview with an engineer at the company which was a very basic conversation about my interests and skills, no technical questions, was around 20 minutes.
    Received an email from them with an offer 4 days later.

Entry Level Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altec Industries (Saint Joseph, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied trough school portal and got selected for an on-campus interview. Then I was selected again for the final round of interviews which was the onsite in St Joseph Missouri. There were about 8 of us for the onsite. They paid for everything such as hotel, mileage gas, food, dinner and lunch.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you done and how they relate to Atlec ?
      My role in those projects ?
      I also interview with some software people and was asked about database, software security, multithreading and processes.
      A couple scenario/situational questions (STAR questions types)
      1 Answer

Supplier Relationship Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altec Industries.

Interview

On site interview with four, 30 minute interviews, and a one hour plant tour. Interviews were mostly discussions about your previous experience and the things on your resume, not those terrible "tell me about a time" questions. Overall, it was a very relaxed interview, and I recommend you come prepared to talk about your experience.

Engineering/Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altec Industries (Durham, NC).

Interview

I had applied through an online website but I don't remember where exactly. I ended up getting called in for an on site interview. The one in Creedmoor prefers that so they can show off the plant. It's a nice facility and is very impressive from that standpoint. Smart move on there end to try and get you hooked while in the building. Like most larger engineering companies they have their engineers divided into different groups. If I remember correctly they had 3 main ones: Manufacturing, Product development and Application. The product development engineers were the ones responsible for coming up with new products for the general market. The one in Creedmoor specialized in derricks I think (?). So they would help bring new ones to market. Then the application engineers would take the new designs from the product engineers and tweak them to their client's specific needs/wants. Manufacturing obviously sees that they are built. So when I went in I had individual interviews with lat least 2 different people from each group. So its a fairly long process. Not your typical 30-60 min kind of thing. So depending on what kind of personality you have that may be draining or it could be exciting to talk with and interact with so many different people. Pretty much everyone is very accommodating and helpful from my experience. Typically they would all ask about different things on your resume and if they felt impressed they would ask random questions off the cuff. So not nearly as behavioral based as a lot of companies. Despite the fact that Altec has an HR department it seemed that the engineers really drove the selection process and as such the interviewing was far more technical than behavioral.

Altec, in Creedmoor atleast, really seemed to focus on Co-op Opportunites. They have a good relationship with the local universities in NC for pulling in Co-op kids. So if your looking for an internship you're fighting an uphill battle. They much prefer bringing someone on for 3 different terms so that they can rotate you through the different departments.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altec Industries in October 2016.

Interview

One-on-one interview. They asked me a bunch of technical questions but it was more to get a feel of how quickly I learned. I was interviewed by the plant manager, not someone from HR. He was very friendly and didn't make me feel stupid for not knowing the answers to some of my questions. If you bring up things that you have researched make sure to know everything, I knew general accomplishments of the company and when I brought them up he grilled me about the details.

Interview Questions

• How did I build this part? (Showed me a manufactured part)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the difference between strength and stability.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altec Industries (Saint Joseph, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to them during a on campus career fair. They invited me to a small get together, but I was not able to attend. I had a first round interview on campus, and then the second round interview they had be interview in St. Joseph MO. They took us on a tour and provided lunch. Then we interviewed with 4 different people in the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and a colleague disagreed on something, and what did you do to solve the problem.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altec Industries (Duluth, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Called for onsite interview in Duluth, MN. Process took 3 weeks.

Two rounds of interviews. First round was as panel style with HR and Production manager. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. After the interview was told they would contact me within two weeks. Left the building and was called in for a second round interview 30 minutes later. The second round interview was the next week and was another panel style interview with the general manager and a few engineers. The interviews consisted of a run down of resume and general interview questions.

I was offered the job a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in LEAN Manufacturing?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altec Industries.

Interview

since i was not in the state I did a skype interview with all of the managers. it took about 30 minutes and everyone was okay with their questions. I got an email later on saying that I had got the job. it was a pretty smooth system. i was happy that they were accommodating to me being in another state. i have heard from others that when in the same state they bring you in instead and you meet with all the managers as well.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altec Industries (Saint Joseph, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

two weeks. I interviewed on the phone and the I got called it for in person interviews. The interview was very easy for the most part.The asked mostly behavioral questions and then they asked me to talk about my experience.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Altec Industries (Blacksburg, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Apply online, after one week get a phone interview. Questions are simple but I become kind of nervous as you can't know what's their reaction. Wait for two weeks and haven't got any feedback. Contact the HR person, and told no offer for me.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself;
      any industrial experience;