Altec Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altec Industries (Columbia, SC) in November 2014.

Interview

Short, simple questions about travel and qualifications. I think it may have lasted 30 minutes. I didn't feel as though I was taken seriously. I had the qualifications and background and working knowledge of the company, just felt as though the interview was going through the motions and I had hoped it would have been more direct.

Interview Questions

• Would you be okay with extensive overnight travel?   3 Answers

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altec Industries in June 2018.

Interview

Contacted by HR, screened, interviews lined up with Sales Managers a week later. I am still waiting to hear back from them. I do not know if I got the job or if they have offered it to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Is travel going to be an issue?   1 Answer

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dixon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altec Industries (Dixon, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Took a written test about knowledgfe of welding processes and techniques along with a physical welding test that involved testing my skills with a oxy-acetylene torch, measuring, then welding skills in the GMAW process using .035 hard wire and fluxcore .045 wire

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Altec Industries.

Interview

several interviews and a special screening process

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altec Industries.

Interview

I met this company at a career fair, went through a very lengthy interview process. This shows how much they care about finding solid employees that match their core values.

Interview Questions

• If you were a superhero, which one would it be and why?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altec Industries.

Interview

The interview process started with them asking me a little bit about my self and then asked me some questions about my resume. After that they told me a little bit about them selves how they fit into the company. After that they allowed me to ask some questions.

Anonymous Employee in Creedmoor, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altec Industries (Creedmoor, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, and was asked to come in for an interview. During the interview, they gave me a tour of the manufacturing floor, and I spoke with several managers of the different departments. The questions were not technical, mostly just trying to figure out which department I would fit in with the best.

Intern Interview

Interview

Quick and great interview process. The HR people in charge of the first round of interviews were great and courteous. I felt like they tried to find a place that you would fit well and tried to give a good overview of what the company is and does. Really felt like it was a smaller company really focused on finding employees that care about what they do and want to integrate well with a company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altec Industries in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke with them at a career fair, and was invited to a restaurant to speak with the employees from different divisions. I was then invited to an on campus interview. After the campus interview I was offered a plant tour. Based off the questions they asked, they really did not care about technical ability, but rather interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specific questions, but they were mainly about leadership and conflict resolution.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altec Industries (Birmingham, AL) in February 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with department manager and 3 team members. They were all friendly and seemed easy-going. Each team member asked a few questions, followed by the manager. Most of the questions were typical, like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" I was also asked "How would you handle a persistent customer?" and whether I had social media experience. Overall, I thought it went very well, and I was positive about the experience. Unfortunately, I never heard anything back from anyone. I even tried following up with the in-house recruiter, but she never returned my call. It would have been considerate for someone to at least let me know that I had not been selected.