Amarr Garage Doors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amarr Garage Doors Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

3.2

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amarr Garage Doors.

Interview

Was asked to do a phone interview but was offered no follow up. After a week of trying to follow up I finally heard back from them saying they already selected finalists. Never even got the phone interview. Very unprofessional.

Shipping/Receiving Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amarr Garage Doors (Lawrence, KS) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week by a recruiter. I then was granted a in person interview, I am now in the process of researching the company and finding out more about the culture about the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from a company?   1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amarr Garage Doors (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and did a short phone interview. He recommended me for an in person interview with the GM of the warehouse where I would be working. Then I did another phone interview with the district manager in my area. After that I was sent a crazy long Psych eval and personality questionaire that took hours to complete, hundreds of questions long. I then did a recorded Skype interview with the recruiter. He told me he would get back with me within the week. When he did not I sent an email. He told me they were having technical difficulties with my Skype interview recordings. I should hear back from him within another week. I still never did. I sent multiple emails and left voicemails. They went ignored. I am assuming I did not receive the position, but I would have appreciated some sort of answer as this was a month long process that took a crazy amount of time. Seemed very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• During the Skype interview there was role playing. He would be a disgruntled customer that I had to deliver bad news to. Also I had to give and employee a write up and fire another employee.   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amarr Garage Doors.

Interview

was so long and miserable. they give you a 500 page psychological questionnaire. I mean, really? Then they mail it to you with your personality profile. Plus I had to take a college math exam and do three video interviews. Amarr stinks. they think they own you for 68,000.00 year

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they send you a letter with the salary and take it or leave it....

Production Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amarr Garage Doors.

Interview

HR department is friendly, but production supervisors don't act like they want to interview you or care to get to know you. I was disappointed that I had to come back 3 different times to complete all interviews. Supervisor didn't seem knowledgeable about line or products or daily tasks of the job. I asked what a typical day or week looked like and supervisor could not really answer.

Interview Questions

• What's in my closet? Maybe the think the are being cute, but it makes them look immature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They seemed put out when I told them I had a family vacation coming up that I needed time off for

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amarr Garage Doors (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

It's actually a pretty intense interview process. You start with a initial phone interview with HR. After that it becomes in an person interview at the office you'd be training at. Then a phone interview with the district manager. Finally after all that you get a questionnaire with about 150 questions in addition to doing a final "skype" type interview where they put you through different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• I had to prepare a 5 minute presentation training someone in a unique skill.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Initial interview with Director of Sales. Basically a STAR inteview. Second interview likely with VP of Sales. Be prepared to discuss acheivements, challenges, and goals. Also be prepared to answer how you would handle problems with operations staff and the credit department. Continuting education and training are a plus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult problem you had with a customer. What steps did you take to resolve the problem? What was the end result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is capped, but you can get over the cap if you have a thorough background and sell yourself well in the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amarr Garage Doors (Rochester, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Took a few months to even get a phone screen and by then I had forgotten I even applied. There were three steps after the initial screening. The interviews were mostly behavioral questions. The final interiew included some role playing via webcam.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult task from the last 12 months and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at this stage. There is room once you accept a promotion from trainee to some management role.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amarr Garage Doors (Winston-Salem, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

They took a lot of offense that I had not done much research on their product. I explained that I had looked at their website and tried to figure out as much as I could, but since they are a private company, that was the reason for my questions about the the company during interview. I mena, so I didn't know who their main competitor was, so i asked. Sorry if I am interested in your company sheesh.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over someone else who is applying and they have more experience than you?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amarr Garage Doors in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and I got a reply within a week. Was sent a message on LinkedIn to fill out a pre-employment questionnaire. Afterwards, I had a Skype interview with two people...it wasn't so professional...was told I would have to go through a second interview and they would send me the details of the second interview within 2 days..On the fourth day, I reached out to the recruiter remaining her about the details of the second interview. I got a message after s few hours that they can't go ahead with my application sadly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question