Ambarella Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ambarella Interview Questions

3.3

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Two step process, 1. Phone interview, easy question 45 minutes.
    2. On-site 4 sessions 1 hr each
    The interview experience was good, It was paid trip onsite and they took very good care of me.

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella.

Interview

I was interviewed for a technical marketing intern position. They were very responsive to my emails and the interview itself was extremely nice. The interviewer was very helpful and the process was very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how to count the number of 1's in a binary string and what kind of implementations I would use to do so.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ambarella (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied at the career fair of my school, got an email with the in-person interview offer for 1 hour at career center of my school.
    Got several quick knowledge questions like "What is a priority queue?" without having to code, and coded 1 C question.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to check the number of bits in the giving integer in C   Answer Question

Software Architecture Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Connected via a recruiter who had placed another candidate in the same group. Drove to Santa Clara campus on 3 different days to interview with a total of 5 people (the entire group), plus an internal HR person.
    I found the people very friendly and had a good vibe about the company. I breezed through the interviews and found them to be not terribly technically challenging. However, I am a long-time computer architect with detailed hardware modeling experience, and I believe they want a more software-centric person.

Interview Questions

• Question dealing with I/O in C++. This does not come up very often in hardware modeling.   1 Answer

DFT Engineer () Interview

Interview

The interview last 40 min. They asked STA questions. The difference between DFT and Verification. Verilog questions. Design a simple filpflop. Actually, the interview is not difficult. They use whit board as a tool. We talked on phone and write it on the white board. The interviewer is very nice.

ASIC Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ambarella in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, approximately 1 hour. First the director introduced what his group is doing and asked one of my course project. Then he requested to write Verilog codes, including switching a and b in one clock cycle, explaining blocking and non-blocking, and implementing FSM of a pattern detector.

Intern Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ambarella.

Interview

Email my resume online and got an phone interview after several weeks

ASIC Verification Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Received an interview call 2 weeks later.
    I was informed that the position requires knowledge of computer architecture, digital design and C/C++. I was asked 1 question in each topic. 1 question on cache associativity, 1 question to design a circuit which outputs a pulse when an input flips, 1 question each on virtual functions and recursive functions (Factorial series).
    I was informed there would be a follow-up interview, but I was given the offer without the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Design a circuit which outputs a pulse when the input flips. The input is synchronous to a clock.   1 Answer

Received a better offer elsewhere.

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ambarella.

Interview

I applied online. It took me a week to get a phone interview. The position is Verification engineer. The interview lasted for half an hour. Nothing tricky, general circuit design and c language questions. Asked me to design a circuit giving the number and names of the inputs and outputs and the function to implement. Asked me to write a recursive function in c language.

Interview Questions

• Design a circuit to generate a pulse whenever the input flips.   Answer Question

Digital Design Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella.

Interview

3 phone interviews