Ambarella Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ambarella (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied at the career fair of my school, got an email with the in-person interview offer for 1 hour at career center of my school.
    Got several quick knowledge questions like "What is a priority queue?" without having to code, and coded 1 C question.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to check the number of bits in the giving integer in C   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I got a phone interview and after less than a week I was told to arrange an on-site interview. Almost all interview questions are technical but basic. Familiarity to the topics and speed of response to those questions may be critical.Though the questions are not easy, the people interview me are quite kind.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are DNL and INL of an ADC? What's the difference?
      2. What's quantization noise? Derive signal-to-quantization-noise ration.
      3. How to compensate an OPAMP?
      4. When the size of tail current transistor increase, how will it affect the phase noise of a VCO?   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ambarella (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The Interviewer just asked about the project in your resume:
    the company need someone who can use verilog, and understand the layout of your design.
    No hiring entry-level engineer

ASIC Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ambarella in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, approximately 1 hour. First the director introduced what his group is doing and asked one of my course project. Then he requested to write Verilog codes, including switching a and b in one clock cycle, explaining blocking and non-blocking, and implementing FSM of a pattern detector.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ambarella (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Initially applied online and got email for interview. They seems to tend to interview local candidates so I am told to drop by their office directly. It is an 1-hour interview with several questions which include state machine, sorting, and testing. ASIC design is really different from Analog. Huge programming skills are required.
    Nice people there.

Interview Questions

• 1. sequence detector
      2. get second largest number of a unsorted array
      3. setup and hold time
      4. some testing questions.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambarella.

Interview

1 hour phone interview.
    the interviewer is very nice.
    but no hints or feedback for each answer.
    wrote several basic verilog questions on a shared white board.
    system verilog
    applied online, soon received interview email announcement.

Interview Questions

• Asynchronous FIFO full empty   1 Answer

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Two step process, 1. Phone interview, easy question 45 minutes.
    2. On-site 4 sessions 1 hr each
    The interview experience was good, It was paid trip onsite and they took very good care of me.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella.

Interview

On campus career fair submitted resume, phone interview. Totally technical, questions on clock skew/jitter, string detector, verilog data width and implementing gate with MUX

Interview Questions

• Compare the advantage of shift register and FSM in implementing string detector   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ambarella (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

five person interview, 1-1; detailed technical grilling; fair questions for an interview; test attention to details using tricky decoys; challenging but interesting; offer was straight forward; decision process about 1-2 weeks

got a better offer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambarella (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Ask me questions on my resume. Ask data structures and wrote a easy algorithm. and some architecture questions.