Cover image for Ambarella

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Ambarella Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 40 of over 40 interviews

Recruiter10%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Ambarella

Application

I interviewed at Ambarella

Interview

They share a Google document with you, and you start to discuss with them over the questions in the document. Interviewed by zoom. It took about 80 minutes and was smooth.

Interview Questions
  • Different between verilog function and task.
    Answer Question

Ambarella

Application

I interviewed at Ambarella

Interview

Hand writing test 1. c/c++ coding with memory manipulation and bit wise operation 2. computer architecture 3. operating system Procedure: 1. hand writing test 2. manager and co-worker interview (discussion with prior experience) 3. department manager interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ambarella

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ambarella in Mar 2021

Interview

I applied through linkedIn and had a Phone interview. The process was very easy and straight forward There were three category of questions. Design question, Computer arch, OOP's concepts. I didn't have experience with Computer Architecture.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Write a code to generate a o/p. every time input is 1'b1 output will get asserted next cycle & output will toggle to 0 only when input toggles. 2. Cache schemes. 3. Concept about Virtual, data structures used in scoreboards.

Ambarella

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella in Feb 2021

Interview

the interviewer don't even know the correct answer of the question and he had a really bad attitude. Asked about cache, setup / hold time equation etc. When I asked questions, he said that's not our business and we don't care. worst interview ever

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ambarella (Shanghai, Shanghai) in Jan 2021

Interview

Quiz first and it takes about two hous. Then 4 Technical interviews : related courses and projects. ask some technical questions. Difficult 2 HR interviews about planing for the future. the whold process takes about 6 hours

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ambarella

Application

I interviewed at Ambarella

Interview

Very smooth and professional. Not so hard. Just review the basics and research the company products. Especially the most recent stuff they are working on like stereo camera and Lidar

Interview Questions
  • Basic machine learning and programming questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ambarella (Santa Clara, CA) in Aug 2019

Interview

It was a one hour face to face interview, the first round. it was good and the person was really helpful. I felt the interview went fine hunt got slightly confused for 2 questions but later answered them correctly with small hints. Finally got rejected a week later. 😕

Interview Questions
  • 1. Build a circuit to ti produce a signal high whenever output changes also asked this to be implemented in terms of FSM suitable for RTL CODING. Asked about data dependencies and control dependencies, caches types and cache replacement policies. What is virtual fiction in c++ and recursive functions code in c Mostly basics
1 person found this interview helpful

Ambarella

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Ambarella

Interview

1 hour phone interview. the interviewer is very nice. but no hints or feedback for each answer. wrote several basic verilog questions on a shared white board. system verilog applied online, soon received interview email announcement.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Ambarella (Los Angeles, CA) in Feb 2017

Interview

I got contacted by Ambarella HR one week after I submitted my resume at school career fair. I was scheduled to talk with a senior engineer from the ASIC design team. He started with general questions about my resume, went into details of several projects I listed. Then he began to ask technical questions about Verilog basics, bits operation, digital circuits and etc. The question is very basic but covers a lot. The guys who talked to me was very nice and patient that he would guide me through the thinking process when I got stuck at his questions. Although I managed to answered most of his questions, I did't feel I did good enough to get the job. After my first phone screen, I had not heard from them EVER again. I did not receive any email regarding my application progress nor did I get any rejection letter. Neither did the HR replied to any of my email ever since. Such irrespective attitude toward their applicant reflects their company culture from my personal opinion.

Interview Questions
  • What's hold time and setup time? When does setup and hold time violation happen?
  • Please specify three ways to solve setup and hold time violation and how would you implement your solutions in verilog?
  • What is the difference between blocking and non-blocking operation in Verilog? When will you use them?
  • How would you build a sequential block and combinational block in verilog? what will you use "always@ * "?
  • How would you build a 4 to 1 mux with only 2 to 1 mux modules?
  • Give me the number X in its two's complement form.
  • Tell me whether this sequential block is synchronizes or asychronized.
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella (Hsinchu) in Dec 2016

Interview

I took a test first, C programming. Not a hard one, simple questions about how to write efficient codes on C. Then interview with three directors and one boss and talked about previous work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Interviews

Ambarella Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Ambarella as 56.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.19 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Engineering and Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for ASIC Design Engineer and Verification Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Ambarella takes an average of 13 days when considering 42 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Engineering had the quickest hiring process (on average 4 days), whereas Analog Design Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 11 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Ambarella according to 42 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 34.43%