Ambarella Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ambarella Interview Questions

Interviews at Ambarella

3.1

Interview

Very smooth and professional. Not so hard. Just review the basics and research the company products. Especially the most recent stuff they are working on like stereo camera and Lidar

Interview Questions

• Basic machine learning and programming questions   1 Answer

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ambarella (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a one hour face to face interview, the first round. it was good and the person was really helpful. I felt the interview went fine hunt got slightly confused for 2 questions but later answered them correctly with small hints.
    Finally got rejected a week later. 😕

Interview Questions

• 1. Build a circuit to ti produce a signal high whenever output changes also asked this to be implemented in terms of FSM suitable for RTL CODING.
      Asked about data dependencies and control dependencies, caches types and cache replacement policies.
      What is virtual fiction in c++ and recursive functions code in c
      Mostly basics   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ambarella (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The hiring process begun with HR , grilling me on the phone for nearly an hour and trying to convince me I’d be bored on the job (I definitely would be scheduling travel 99% of the time), but I went along with it as the salary range was decent. Although I was deemed overqualified and likely bored in this role, I was invited onsite.

HR , was the first to interview me. The lady came to the lobby without saying hi or introducing herself, just stood there with a stoic look. I extended my hand for a polite handshake, she rebuffed and led me to a tiny over heated conf room. Wow never experienced this before was all I could think ...The interviews went well, so out of common courtesy I followed up with an email, but no response or any feedback (no shocker I guess when interview already lacked basic social etiquette).

I wouldn’t have bothered writing a review as this is certainly not a company culture I’d like to join, but this unfriendly experience was something I wanted to point out to the interview team.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambarella.

Interview

1 hour phone interview.
    the interviewer is very nice.
    but no hints or feedback for each answer.
    wrote several basic verilog questions on a shared white board.
    system verilog
    applied online, soon received interview email announcement.

Interview Questions

• Asynchronous FIFO full empty   1 Answer

ASIC DesignPosition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ambarella (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got contacted by Ambarella HR one week after I submitted my resume at school career fair. I was scheduled to talk with a senior engineer from the ASIC design team. He started with general questions about my resume, went into details of several projects I listed. Then he began to ask technical questions about Verilog basics, bits operation, digital circuits and etc. The question is very basic but covers a lot. The guys who talked to me was very nice and patient that he would guide me through the thinking process when I got stuck at his questions. Although I managed to answered most of his questions, I did't feel I did good enough to get the job.

After my first phone screen, I had not heard from them EVER again. I did not receive any email regarding my application progress nor did I get any rejection letter. Neither did the HR replied to any of my email ever since. Such irrespective attitude toward their applicant reflects their company culture from my personal opinion.

Interview Questions

• What's hold time and setup time? When does setup and hold time violation happen?   Answer Question
    • Please specify three ways to solve setup and hold time violation and how would you implement your solutions in verilog?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between blocking and non-blocking operation in Verilog? When will you use them?   1 Answer
    • How would you build a sequential block and combinational block in verilog? what will you use "always@ * "?   Answer Question
    • How would you build a 4 to 1 mux with only 2 to 1 mux modules?   Answer Question
    • Give me the number X in its two's complement form.   Answer Question
    • Tell me whether this sequential block is synchronizes or asychronized.   1 Answer

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Two step process, 1. Phone interview, easy question 45 minutes.
    2. On-site 4 sessions 1 hr each
    The interview experience was good, It was paid trip onsite and they took very good care of me.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ambarella (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

brief phone call and then onsite. Onsite was for 1 day 6 people.
    Asked personal questions . I didn't raise it after interview , but others going there need to know. As guess women in silicon valley

Interview Questions

• i don't remember since it was many many years ago but I did want to post that the asked me questions 1) where do you stay 2) Do you have kids   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella.

Interview

I was interviewed for a technical marketing intern position. They were very responsive to my emails and the interview itself was extremely nice. The interviewer was very helpful and the process was very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how to count the number of 1's in a binary string and what kind of implementations I would use to do so.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ambarella (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied at the career fair of my school, got an email with the in-person interview offer for 1 hour at career center of my school.
    Got several quick knowledge questions like "What is a priority queue?" without having to code, and coded 1 C question.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to check the number of bits in the giving integer in C   1 Answer

Software Architecture Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ambarella (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Connected via a recruiter who had placed another candidate in the same group. Drove to Santa Clara campus on 3 different days to interview with a total of 5 people (the entire group), plus an internal HR person.
    I found the people very friendly and had a good vibe about the company. I breezed through the interviews and found them to be not terribly technically challenging. However, I am a long-time computer architect with detailed hardware modeling experience, and I believe they want a more software-centric person.

Interview Questions

• Question dealing with I/O in C++. This does not come up very often in hardware modeling.   1 Answer