Cover image for Amentum

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Amentum Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 39 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Amentum

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amentum

Interview

The interview process was extremely no frills and very straight forward. I was contacted by the HR manager here in Yuma and scheduled the interview with the site manager and HR manager.

Interview Questions
  • The basic interview questions for an aircraft power plant mechanic were asked, like basic components of a gas turbine engines and how the systems work.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Amentum (Washington, DC) in Dec 2022

Interview

Recruiter called me after hours (past 6pm) without notice and asked if I could interview then and there on the phone. When I said no, and asked if we could reschedule as I was busy, they went into a high level overview of the Technical Recruiter role and asked if I was still interested, I said yes. They took it as an invitation to begin to interview me, and I had to stop them since I wasn’t in a position to carry on the conversation. The conversation took a weird turn where the recruiter shared that I was too pricey for their assignment and that they would pass around my resume for other interested areas, and directed me to follow up with them to ensure I had contact from someone else in the company. Needless to say, I did not do that, and I’m glad this interaction happened as I do NOT want to represent a bad recruiting group such as theirs.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Amentum

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amentum

Interview

prescreen with the recruiter about my work history and then interview with regional manager. Both were phone interviews. Took about 2 weeks. Then i had my background check and final offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amentum (Kennedy Space Center, FL)

Interview

The interview process went well. It was a online video meeting. They asked questions pertaining to the job position and experience level. I receive an answer back within 3 days.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Describe your experience on your resume. 2. They asked questions on Safety. Basically how would you respond in certain situations.

Amentum

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amentum in Sep 2022

Interview

Was asked to provide times for intro call HR representative did not join call on set time, contacted me 30 minutes later to reschedule for the day after. The following day, I'm waiting 15 minutes over the set time for the intro call and received a rejection without any communication.

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amentum (Fairbanks, AK) in Aug 2022

Interview

Well informed, professional, geared toward job knowledge instead of personality. Interviewer researched parts of the job beforehand and gathered questions and scenarios from other mechanics in the field to better screen candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Had I ever completed a trim tab repair on a UH-60 408 beam.

Anonymous Employee in Wiesbaden

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amentum (Wiesbaden) in Jun 2022

Interview

Very good people, easy to talk to, knew exactly what they wanted, I'm getting recommended for the job, extremely excited for the coming month, just waiting for background check to come back

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience in the Army?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amentum (India, TX) in Mar 2022

Interview

Government clearance and medical tests than travel plans are initiated...that comes with Visa and the job requires paper work. If you make it through patiently, you'll enjoy the ride to your new work destination

Interview Questions
  • Given work scenarios and asked what I'd do in these practical situation. Asked what tools of work do what and also asked about procedures to do certain things at my work station. A little know how of your work is needed

Amentum

Application

I interviewed at Amentum

Interview

Series of interviews held at local coffee shop and over the phone. We reviewed work history, areas of expertise, and goals for the future. Discussed range of salary possibilities, with final decision being made by HR

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in five years?

Amentum

Application

I interviewed at Amentum

Interview

The interview wasn’t hard, very straight forward. It was nothing you had to thing too hard about. Basic interview questions and pretty quick. It was a one on one interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Interviews

Amentum Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Amentum as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.54 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Plane Captain and Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for ESH Manager and Declassification Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Amentum takes an average of 25 days when considering 39 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for EHS Director Program Development had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Physical Security Coordinator and Escort roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Amentum according to 39 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.71%