Ameren Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Cost Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. They do a quick phone screen to make sure everything is in order and you've got all the pre-requisites you need. Once you've gotten an in person interview, they'll bring you into the general office building in St. Louis for a behavioral interview where there will probably be about three people asking you questions. I've heard some interviews are as short as 30 minutes, mine was closer to an hour. They'll actually send you a list of example behavioral interview questions, which you should review because they will ask at least one or two that are on there. They also threw in a few technical questions for me at the end to see how proficient I was.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had interpersonal conflict with someone. How did it get resolved?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

after I replied I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. after the phone interview I had an in person interview. they do a good job of preparing you to answer the interview questions

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time in which you demonstrated leadership   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied online. Contact a few days later to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview at the later date was about 30mins it went well the recruiter seems very interested in me and said I was what they were looking for and scheduled me for testing. I took the test, which was a 3hrs 3part exam and passed. Then asked back for a panel interview. This was prior to Christmas so I haven’t heard back yet but when I followed up the recruiter she said she was waiting to hear back as well so I’m still in high hopes that I’ll get the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time..... behavior questions of the 3 interviewers they asked 3-4 questions each.   Answer Question

Cyber Security Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

I was contacted and asked my availability for a phone screening. I was then notified 15 days later and asked my availability for an interview. I was told I was be informed if I got the job. However, after three weeks I called back and they said they would call me back in a few days and inform me..... I got a email saying I didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions

• I see you worked at (my old employer), describe a time where a customer behaved disrespectful and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

Began by applying online through their site. They contacted through email following that. Hiring process included both a phone interview and then a video chat online with two Ameren engineers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Decatur, IL).

Interview

Committee interview that is behaviorally based. Series of questions about prior situations and how they were handled. "Describe a time you... and how this is effected you and others." HR handled the actually offer. Salary and benefits never came up in the interview.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

long process; overall took 6 months from the time I applied to job offer. offered role at the end of the calendar year which hosed me from extra vacation time

HR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

I applied for the position and received an invite for the phone interview within two days. The phone interview process was great and the recruiter was very professional. I was asked to talk through my work experience and I had two behavior based questions. I made it on the to the face to face interview which was very awkward. The interviewers introduced themselves and then sat there and talked about random things while I sat there listening. Once we finally got to the actual interview I walked through my work history and answered about 6 behavior based questions. It's been over a month and I have received no communication from them other than random people from the HR Department inviting me to happy hours numerous times after I told them I was sure they didn't mean to send them to me. That's not very good practice.

Interview Questions

Ameren Response

Oct 5, 2017 – Social Community Manager

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize that you have not received a follow up in regards to your interview and can assure you that this is not the experience we want any candidate... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawnee, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ameren (Pawnee, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview went by pretty fast. The only thing I wasn't happy about was I was the last person of the day and it felt like they really didn't want to be there. I tried to ask questions at the end, but only got one word responses in return. The interview was very professional and formal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with another department and it didn't go as planned. How did you handle the situation and what was the result?   1 Answer

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameren in July 2017.

Interview

Very long, impersonal process. Applied in May. Contacted for brief phone interview about 30+ days later. About a month later invited for panel interview and supervisor assessment. Passed the assessment. Interviewed with hiring manager, HR rep and another manager. Interview was cold. Behavioral questions that really did not show how I would be a fit or not in the position. Speak to the top of their heads as they took notes, very little eye contact...total lack of personal interface unless they were asking a question..but not really much eye contact. If you ask questions, they must be only the ones allowed anything else the HR rep will tell you to ask another question. The entire process took 3 months. A robot would have had a much better experience. Only the HR person seemed partially interested in what I had to say. Then as I left I learned an internal person was performing the duties of the position for several months. I was not selected nor did I expect to be since an internal person was basically already in the position. I have never felt so uncomfortable in an interview before. If that is any indication of how cold the work environment is, it was a good thing for me that an internal person was selected. Not sure why they bother with the LONG interview process when an internal person was going to be placed in the slot anyway. What a long waste of time and effort.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall the behavioral questions. They were odd, I do remember that part.   Answer Question

Ameren Response

Aug 31, 2017 – Social Community Manager

We regret to hear you feel this way about your interview experience. Our ultimate goal is to make each candidate feel welcome and valued and strive to provide the best candidate experience for our... More

Interview

First a phone call, then a brief interview for a culture fit assessment, then Common Behavioral Interview - by the specific situation, task, action, and result of the situation, followed by a technical interview.