Ameren Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ameren Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

3.1

Operations Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ameren in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was easy, just basic information about yourself. Behavioral interview a little intimidating, Ameren uses the SHARE method. As long as you prepare yourself ahead of time you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to multi-task to help a situation?   1 Answer
    • Why I was seeking a different job?   1 Answer

Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

First was a phone call with hr. Straightforward phone call asking about my resume and work experience. In person panel interview was the second step. The potential hiring manager as well as their manager and a couple other managers in the department were part of the panel. 100% behavioral. If you look up typical behavioral int questions you will find many that are asked. Have lots of examples of situations that fit the question. Know your background and how it applies to the role. Was offered a position but declined. Only issue I had with the process was the hr person could not clearly explain the bonus amount and how it was decided.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions like give me a time when you did this   1 Answer

Ameren Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Social Community Manager

Thanks for offering this feedback to our community of job seekers. Our incentive structure does include targets that are unique to specific departments, some of which, depending on the time of year ... More

Engineer (Nuclear) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

A week and a half after applying online I had a phone interview, it took about 15 minutes and they said they would be in touch if they wanted to move to the next step of the interview process, which is an in-person interview.

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren in January 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of a simple phone screening that focused on academics and grades. They asked for grade point average and how many credits I will have completed at the end of the semester.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (New York, NY).

Interview

A few behavior questions: describe a time when you
    Followed by some open ended technical questions: describe how this works or any terms that come to mind. They seemed to be looking for general knowledge/ familiarity with things kinda relating to the job
    Panel of interviewers

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to take on a leadership position   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (New York, NY).

Interview

Expect almost exclusively behavioral style questions (Give me a time when, or Give an example of...). Provide solid details of real experiences. Made up responses will be uncovered quickly in the process. Be sure to focus on Ameren's values and you'll be successful!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to make a difficult decision with a minimal amount of background information.   Answer Question

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

It was a phone screen that lasted about 15 minutes. They asked for basic information about school credits, gpa, etc. Then they asked a few standard interview questions afterwards. It was a simple and fast process.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ameren (Decatur, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick, but decision is very slow and takes over a month sometimes with no response. Reimbursement for trips are tricky and very slow (months) to get so be careful with how you spend on the trip.

Interview Questions

Ameren Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Social Community Manager

We’re sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Depending on the number of candidates and the type of position, the process can take longer for some than others, though we do try to keep ... More

Innovations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameren (Champaign, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I first applied online. The interviewing started with a brief phone interview discussing qualifications and relevant experience, then moved on to a 'formal' behavioral interview at the office. Neither interview was tough or went technically in depth, but I struggled with some of the obscure behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps to creating a good presentation?   Answer Question
    • What are the most important steps to follow when carrying out a project?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

The first interview was an over-the-phone interview. Following that I had a skype interview. Usually the second round interview is in person, but mine was over skype because I attend school in Washington, D.C.