Ameren Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Ameren Interview Questions

Interviews at Ameren

1. Featured Interview

Supervisor Electric Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Maryville, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

Step 1. Phone: HR rep calls to make sure you meet the qualifications for the position and recommends you for an interview with the hiring manager
    Step 2. Face-to-Face: You will receive and email stating the time and place of the interview along with the 3 panel members and their respective positions at Ameren. It is a Behavioral interview in which case they are expecting answers in the STAR method. Answers could be based on passed work, volunteer, or personal experience.

Interview Questions

• 5-7 questions based on Thinking Customer, Inspiring and Engaging, Fostering Innovation, Driving Results, Championing Learning, Building Trust, & Being Strategic. Each panel member will ask a question and then as you answer will be writing down information based on your answer. Don't let this distract you.   1 Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren in April 2014.

Interview

I applied the position online and took the telephone interview about one and a half month. It was a really nice lady but she just ask me one question about the visa sponsorship in the future and I had to say I need it. This kind of answer just end up the interview.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted by a recruiter for a short phone interview for general screening questions (skills, expected salary, willing to move, etc.).

Next, I was scheduled to take the Programmer Analyst Aptitude Test at Ameren.

After passing this, I was scheduled for a behavioral interview with a panel of three interviewers. I was given the chance to ask questions, learn more about the position afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision without the assistance of others.   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ameren (Decatur, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Call from HR for a brief intro interview. Just wanting to know more about you and you want to work for Ameren. Then a panel interview with supervising engineers and manager. Mainly ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They were behavioral questions on dealing with problems and coworkers.   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2018.

Interview

Quick - First was through the application online, then received a phone interview within a week or so, finally an in-person interview a couple weeks after. It was a behavioral interview, with a panel of three leaders in the sourcing department.

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

The first interview was an over-the-phone interview. Following that I had a skype interview. Usually the second round interview is in person, but mine was over skype because I attend school in Washington, D.C.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

behavioral interview. You must apply online as this is required by Federal Contractors, which we are.
    The timeline is ridiculously long. Hiring managers like to present the timeline as end of week of next week at worst.... Then it takes months to hear back. It is a very much hurry up and wait mentality. This is typical in a Utility I hear though, so don't get discouraged.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where attention to detail was important in making a decision   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

Began by applying online through their site. They contacted through email following that. Hiring process included both a phone interview and then a video chat online with two Ameren engineers.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person interview. Somewhat intense due to their STAR method which was strongly stressed. Be sure to prepare for behavioral and situational questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Champaign, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was pretty straightforward. It consisted of first a phone screen interview and then a one to one with the hiring manager. The phone screen asked for some information regarding grades, past experience, etc. Then, the main interview with the hiring manager was scheduled about a week later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameren in March 2015.

Interview

Process was pretty easy. Had a phone screening and then was called back for an interview with two supervisors who worked at the facility. Waited for about two weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavior questions focused on integrety, teamwork, communication, etc.   Answer Question