American Bankers Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Bankers Association

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at American Bankers Association (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I've never had more mixed emotions about an interview, or the desire to work at any one place. I really liked everyone I met with, and the time spent meeting with everyone were enjoyable and enlightening.

There were however, very long periods of time between the different stages of the interview process. Specifically, it took them 4 months to call me back after the initial phone screening to schedule the first in-person interview, a month later I had a second round of interviews, and three weeks before I heard anything about the position itself.

All of that I could forgive, had they not called my current employer to verify that I was in fact currently working there, BEFORE they extended an offer to me. This was something I specifically asked them not to do, as my current employer was not aware I was job hunting. I would of course been ok with it had they planned on offering me the position, but they didn't. It is one thing to verify employment after an offer is extended and accepted, but to do so beforehand, when you are asked not to, is unprofessional and ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Describe for me a difficult working situation you experienced, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Grassroots Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Bankers Association (Washington, DC).

Interview

Received a phone call following a submission to come in for an interview with HR and hiring manager. Met with HR rep for 20 minutes who was very thorough in regards to benefits and hiring process. Met with hiring manager for 50 minutes and discussed current responsibilities and qualifications. Both were great, easy people to talk to and were very helpful the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were helping an upset client, how did you turn it around, what customer service measures did you use?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Bankers Association (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Met with three individuals. Discussed my background and the position requirements. ABA was doing a little re-org at the time. Seemed to be a good fit with those facts. Nice folks. Passage of time. My candidacy simply never went anywhere.

Economic Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Bankers Association (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

I was interning at ABA when my boss told me about an opening in the economics department. I set up a meeting with the hiring manager to determine if this was a suitable position for me. I decided it was so I write an email to the senior economist and attached my resume, asking him to be considered for the job. There was an excel test, then interview with each of the 6 members of staff on the econ team, including the Chief Economist.