American Golf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Golf Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Golf.

Interview

Met with 2 Event Sales Directors and a Regional Director. Met onsite and was slaked about 45 minutes worth of questions. Followed up with a 15 minute site tour.

Course Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Golf.

Interview

Recruiter prescreens and if approved by the hiring manager you get called for interview. You start by taking a basic accounting test and meeting the accounting manager. If she approves you meet the controller. They send you a offer within a day if they like you and send you for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Accounting test is whats given mainly to determine your ability to work.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Golf in March 2015.

Interview

Met with Lee Finkel. Regional Director of Operations. Discussed parameters of the position and expectations. We sat in the Bridal suite and it was very informal. Almost a joke looking back. He is all about numbers and does not care about anything else.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about Financial budgeting. This is not your regular interview. I just want to get to know you.   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Golf (Culver City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Screened by HR employee relation director than came in to meet the Payroll Director who hired me immediately. Not formal at all very informal. Met with others in the department & started paper work immediately.

Pro Shop Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Golf (Chula Vista, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Easy. Basically making sure you aren't psychotic. I was asked if I played golf or had ever been on a golf course before. There weren't any "test" questions, more of a welcoming to the team than an interview. It took longer to fill out the paperwork than it did to complete the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever played golf or been on a golf course before?   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Golf.

Interview

Recruiter called me at 8pm EST and arranged a phone interview the next morning. Made changes in my schedule to accommodate for the appointment but never received the call. Recruiter called again to reschedule the interview. When the interview finally did take place, the questions were so routine and redundant - I felt like the recruiter didn't even have the opportunity to learn anything about my work style or experience, only my ability to come up with bullsh-- questions on a whim. Two weeks of talking to my recruiter's voicemail went by before I took it upon myself to call the club directly and set up an interview myself. Meeting with the club GM went well enough, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Generic "leadership" and "explain a difficult situation" kind of questions, clearly being read from a manual or telepromter.   Answer Question

I was made a much better offer by a highly reputable firm in the city. By the time American Golf's offer came in, it was not only a lowball deal but it was weeks later.

Golf Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Golf (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Pathetic, seemed they just wanted warm bodies.

Interview Questions

• How long do I plan to stay with American Golf   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Told this is what my pay would be and I would keep my lesson fees.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Golf (Huntington Beach, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed setting. they sat me down in the dining room while other people were running around. almost unprofessional but i think they had in their mind that they wanted to hire me

Pro Shop Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Golf (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Very easy. I sat down with the assistant GM for maybe 20 minutes to talk about my experience why I felt I'd be a good fit. Very easy.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Golf in January 2010.

Interview

Apply for the job and pester the RD or Vice President who is hiring. If you have the qualifications you will get a call.
    Be prepared to work 6 days a week and all holidays. I mean all holidays.

Interview Questions

• How you will improve a low quality run down golf course with no money in the budget for marketing or advertising?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of salary. This is what we will pay, if you don't like it go somewhere else.