American Hospital Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Hospital Association Interview Questions

Interviews at American Hospital Association

3.4

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Hospital Association.

Interview

Pretty simple interview process where they ask your background and problem solving skills. Explain your approach to building a or solving something. Go through your academic courses, skills and projects.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL) in June 2019.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen. Once you pass this you are moved along to a panel interview. You give a 15 minute presentation on what you feel are the 3 most important things to generate net new sales. 45 minutes Q/A. 30 minutes 1:1 with manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen? Why were you able to generate $x year over year?   Answer Question

Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Within 2 days, the recruiter did a phone screening which lasted almost 50 minutes. Was told that the next step would be a panel interview. After 2 days, received instructions to prepare a presentation for the interview which was to be immediately followed by a 1:1 with the hiring manager. Received an email less than a week later stating that other more qualified candidates were being pursued. The process is poorly designed since candidates spend significant time preparing for the presentation whereas a phone call with the hiring manager would be more beneficial at such an early stage of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what relevant skills and experience you bring to this role?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Hospital Association in June 2018.

Interview

Not sure what this org. is trying to achieve but they have been trying to fill this position for about a year. I was a highly qualified candidate albeit older than the hiring manager. Had two formal interviews including one formal presentation. It was a fair amount of work to prepare so I was disappointed that I was not hired. I wonder what they are looking for because clearly having skills and experience was not adequate.

Interview Questions

• Please write a press release based on a report we give you. Tell us how you have built a successful communications department.   Answer Question

Membership Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

My experience began with a phone interview was rushed and unprofessional. The interviewer did rapid-fire questioning in the span of 17 minutes when there were actually 30 minutes allotted for the interview. During every answer I was cut off and another question was asked. Questions were not clearly stated or clarified when requested. I was not offered an opportunity to ask additional questions. The phone interview left me feeling uneasy and uncertain about continuing with the process, I moved forward thinking the HR person was not a representation of the time.
    The in person interview was much better and well organized. It began with a presentation from me to a panel consisting of an HR person, two team members, and the hiring manager. All questions were answered, I was giving more than enough time to ask questions as well.
    Following the interview I received two follow up emails from HR letting me know the process was ongoing despite having been told I'd hear something within one week these emails actually came approximately one and two weeks after the interview respectively.
    Finally, at almost one full month since the interview I followed up to inquire about the status and request an update. I was told the job opening had been closed due to restructuring. I had not received any communication about this and likely would not have known if I hadn't reached out.

Interview Questions

• In your current role, describe how you work with teams and the role you play.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

HR was kind enough to rush the interview process due to a competing job offer. The whole process took 1 week from the first phone interview to the extension of an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite lengthy. In this order: I applied online, did two phone interviews with the recruiter, one phone interview with the hiring manager, and an hour long in-person interview with 5 people in which I had to present for 20 minutes on a specific topic.

Over 10 weeks, I spent a lot of time preparing for these interviews and also spent money throughout the process (new suit jacket, printed color copies of my presentation and work samples).

In the end, they barely followed up with me to let know the final decision. I had to email and call the recruiter a few times to find out I was not selected (which was obvious after the first few emails).

As one of the final candidates, I'm surprised they weren't more respectful and courteous. I would not consider applying with the AHA again due to this and the antiquated nature of the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked for work and writing samples and you have to take a personality test (they don't share the results with you).   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Hospital Association.

Interview

Was a telephone interview that asked me to walk through my experience. The interview process was very detailed and precise when it came to the questions. All and all the interview was short and to the point.

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Hospital Association.

Interview

Phone interview and then called in for a group panel interview. They submit to you a questionnaire and you have to create answers and present it during your interview. Most of the questions were pitching ideas of how you would enhance their group or association. The interview was painless and everybody seemed nice. The process was really informal. However, I noticed when I wasn't picked I would re-visit their website and see that they were using the ideas that I pitched to them. I thought it was an insult that I wasn't good enough to work for AHA; however, my ideas were good enough for them to use. Because of this, I would never apply to this company again.

Interview Questions

• Describe at time where you had to work with difficult people.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with an HR recruiter. The following week I had an in person panel interview with two people from the work unit I'd be in, as well as two people in comparable positions in other work units.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a project you worked on that directly relates to one of the functions of this position   Answer Question