American Hospital Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

3.4

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite lengthy. In this order: I applied online, did two phone interviews with the recruiter, one phone interview with the hiring manager, and an hour long in-person interview with 5 people in which I had to present for 20 minutes on a specific topic.

Over 10 weeks, I spent a lot of time preparing for these interviews and also spent money throughout the process (new suit jacket, printed color copies of my presentation and work samples).

In the end, they barely followed up with me to let know the final decision. I had to email and call the recruiter a few times to find out I was not selected (which was obvious after the first few emails).

As one of the final candidates, I'm surprised they weren't more respectful and courteous. I would not consider applying with the AHA again due to this and the antiquated nature of the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked for work and writing samples and you have to take a personality test (they don't share the results with you).   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Hospital Association.

Interview

Was a telephone interview that asked me to walk through my experience. The interview process was very detailed and precise when it came to the questions. All and all the interview was short and to the point.

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Hospital Association.

Interview

Phone interview and then called in for a group panel interview. They submit to you a questionnaire and you have to create answers and present it during your interview. Most of the questions were pitching ideas of how you would enhance their group or association. The interview was painless and everybody seemed nice. The process was really informal. However, I noticed when I wasn't picked I would re-visit their website and see that they were using the ideas that I pitched to them. I thought it was an insult that I wasn't good enough to work for AHA; however, my ideas were good enough for them to use. Because of this, I would never apply to this company again.

Interview Questions

• Describe at time where you had to work with difficult people.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then PowerPoint presentation to HR & sales managers. Presentation covered skills, successes, sales strategies. Everyone was professional and interested in making the best match for the candidate and the company. Good exchange of ideas and opinions. Positive experience. Everyone at AHA was professional and courteous. It looks like a good company to join.

Interview Questions

• How do you develop new business.   1 Answer

Other offers being considered.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with an HR recruiter. The following week I had an in person panel interview with two people from the work unit I'd be in, as well as two people in comparable positions in other work units.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a project you worked on that directly relates to one of the functions of this position   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds for the interview process; a phone interview, and an in-person interview with two different managers. They asked me about everything on my resume to make sure the information was accurate. They wanted more information about my experience in mobile app development and questions about my personality.

Interview Questions

• Basis OOP questions about what is a instance field (variable) and inheritance   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Hospital Association.

Interview

Process went fairly quickly, involves a panel interview - generally with a presentation required.The response time was within an acceptable period - that may have changed, but at the time contact was made with the hiring manager relatively timely.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you've faced in your career and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews. The first one was with hr and the second was with 2 hiring managers in the program I applied for. Both went fairly well. A week later I was contacted by hr again to come in for an in person interview. They sent me required paperwork to sign and fill out as well as guidelines I needed for my PowerPoint presentation. The in person interview was
    a power point presented in front of people. After they asked questions?

Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Hospital Association.

Interview

The interview consisted of a panel presentation followed up by a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager. I found the panelists to ask thoughtful questions and were very hospitable. However the hiring manager was distracted on their mobile device and frequently chimed in with gotcha questions in a confrontational manner. I left the interview feeling incredibly belittled and did not want the opportunity there even if offered the job.

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

All positions (at any level) have to create and present a power point presentation. This requirement is not relevant to many positions within the organization yet its standard in the interview process. The hiring process is very slow and the HR department seems very unorganized. At any given time they have multiple temps working in the HR department, many of which do not understand the position or business goals.