American Lung Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Lung Association Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Lung Association

Special Events Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Lung Association.

Interview

The process was not complicated at all. I applied online and submitted my resume. Shortly after, I got a phone interview, which consisted mostly of the interview questions. A week later, I had a follow-up interview (in-person), which was to tell me more details about the position. The interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very casual, they interviewer was extremely nice and wanted to make sure I was comfortable and not nervous. She got to know me and then started asking me different questions.

Development Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Lung Association in June 2015.

Interview

All behavioral interview questions. Never heard back for weeks at time between steps. No communication and that left a very bad impression of how the office ran. I was very excited about the opportunity until I started the interview process. After asking about next steps in the process I would follow up after that time frame and it would be weeks till I heard back.

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Lung Association (Hartford, CT) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy interview. Asked about prior experience fundraising and marketing. Very easy conversation to have with staff members and was asked about ALA and why I wanted to work there. There were questions about how much I knew about the organization and what I could contribute to the position.

Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Lung Association (Orlando, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. The recruiter that I spoke to was very easy going and originall just wanted to get a feel for my personality. After, a few behavioral questions were asked and then I got offered the position on the spot.

Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Lung Association in October 2010.

Interview

Very efficient and professional HR recruiters. The Hiring Manager was also very professional, asked all the relevant questions on my skills and past experience. The Hiring Manager clearly detailed the job responsibilities and expectations for the job, what exactly they were looking for in a candidate. She further gave her own perspective of what it would take to succeed in the position and in the organization. Being a non-profit, culture is mission-driven which motivates their employees to do well in their work.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult - but I was asked: How would you manage remote offices to help keep them connected to the main office given the difficulties/disconnect remote staff are likely to feel?   Answer Question