American Pool Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Pool Enterprises Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

1.6

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises.

Interview

Very fast and to the point with no beating around the bush also had lots of information that made it easier to understand the position also very polite manager that was willing to negotiate pay

Interview Questions

• I was simply asked when i could start   1 Answer

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

When you apply online, you will receive an email about a hiring event. At the hiring event, you will receive a shirt and they will just ask general questions about safety. Afterwards, they will email you about a meet-and-greet with the Front Desk Attendant manager and the same thing will happen again about the safety questions. Then, you will receive an email about your employment confirmation, if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a patient started yelling at you and started calling you out of your name?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (Elmsford, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a two day long application process . The first day we met at a hotel with a pool and learned the basics of rescuing people in distress in the pool. We also learned some theory. The second day we were tested on what we learned the day before in the pool and reviewed the rest of the theory and took two written tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (Columbia, MD).

Interview

I applied online. Having work experience is a great plus. The in-person interview seemed to be just a formality, took about 15 mins at all. Good for start, great experience and absolutely not hard-working job.

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (Toms River, NJ).

Interview

There was none. They just called one day (I submitted a bunch of apps online after getting lifeguard certified) and were like "We think you would be a good lifeguard." And then a couple days later I was at my first pool.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. I didn't even know how much I was making until I got my first paycheck.

LIfe Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very nice, quick, and easy. I applied through a job website and within a week they wanted me in for an interview. I came in, the interviewer offered me a cold bottle of water, and sat me down on a couch so I could fill out some preliminary paperwork. After all of that paperwork was done, I went into his office and he asked me a series of questions and went over the sheets I had filled out, everything was pretty standard. Being already certified and having prior lifeguard experience with another company, I was offered a job on the spot and he even bumped me up to a head lifeguard. We went over the locations of the pools I would be working and he took out a packet of papers and went over them with me, which was very helpful and informative. After all the paper work was done and all of my questions were answered, we shook hands and 2 weeks later I was working.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics should a life guard have?   1 Answer
    • What would you say is a weakness you have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was really good. During the interview he asked what my desired pay was and the number he gave me was pretty close to what I had said, so I was happy about that. We texted back and forth over the few weeks after my interview and My pay was raised (past what I had originally asked for, in fact!) after I was willing to help him out with some other pools. Already being certified and having prior Lifeguarding experience was definitely a big benefactor.

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises.

Interview

Very informal, 15 minute interview. Basic questions and no trick questions involved at all. You should know some lifeguarding/CPR-AID knowledge but there is no need to study the night before the interview.

Interview Questions

• What should you do if someone gets hurt while you are on duty?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises in June 2015.

Interview

It was essentially not even an interview at all. I applied to the company on a job site at a time when they really needed employees in my area. Less than a minute after applying I received a call from one of the managers saying they could use me. I was trained/ certified that weekend, and was working the following week.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you have the swimming abilities to meet certification standards?   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (Columbia, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Walked in for a lifeguard job on a whim and they liked my management background so it was recommended that I speak with the GM. They seemed very happy that I walked in the door as it was almost the end of May and several important supervisory positions were still open. It became clear that everything was fast paced and I assumed they had some high turnover based on my conversation with some of the other associates working in there.

Interview Questions

• How would you reprimand a lifeguard for acting unprofessional at work?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied by email and filled out the paperwork in person and brought it to the interview. It was an easy interview and they just asked basic questions about why you want to lifeguard for the summer and your availability and stuff like that. They also try to see if you can bring anyone else to work for them with an employee referral reward program.