Cover image for American University

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

American University Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 106 of over 106 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American University (Washington, DC)

Interview

Quick invitation after application submission, used an easy online scheduling system, interview was with three people from the office. It was conversational and interesting. They were super communicative after the interview too.

Interview Questions
  • Experience working on a team
    Answer Question

American University

Application

I interviewed at American University

Interview

After an online application, and resume/cover letter, the interview was on Zoom. It included a panel of administrators and program directors and one applicant. It was comfortable and pretty easy! Took about 30 minutes and then heard back within the week.

Interview Questions
  • Give us an example of a time when you took initiative and contributed to the collective through action in the workplace

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,937

976 Comments

Teachers

200.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=American University~26724
Join the conversation on

American University

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American University

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I met with a panel of people and then again with the direct report for the role. The panel gave very clear feedback on the culture of the department and the individual interview gave a clear idea of the responsibilities of the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American University

Application

I interviewed at American University

Interview

just right. formal serious. curteous. Interviewer wanted to make sure the job was a good fit and wanted to make sure that all parties involved would be satisfied. Interviewer helped manage expectations should a job be offered. A generally positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • what are your strengths and weaknesses.

American University

Application

I interviewed at American University

Interview

Very easy and chill process. Interviewer is very nice and easy to talk to made the environment very comfortable. Quick process from applying to interviewing to working. Not a lot of questions during the interview process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American University

Application

I interviewed at American University

Interview

I was contacted for a virtual interview on a video platform. The actual interview was easy to do and the questions were really good questions. However, I never heard back again after completing the interview. I even reached out to the HR personnel who originally sent me the interview request and they did not respond to my email.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American University (Washington, DC) in Apr 2022

Interview

Zoom call, i initial screening was done through word of mouth, and in person visit. She did ask me a lot of question about my instruction method or previous experience on similar course

Interview Questions
  • What do you do when students just give out due to personal mental issues?

American University

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at American University

Interview

Pretty average interview experience with a few rounds of interviews with a hiring committee etc. I do appreciate how open, flexible, and friendly everyone in the process was. I also appreciated the timely manner in which the hiring director got back to me. One word of advice - prepare something to present on.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What is you ability to look at a candidate beyond their grades?

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American University (Washington, DC)

Interview

Meet with the SI coordinators and put together a sample class that you teach them! This can be on any topic you like or are interested in. They ask you questions about your teaching style and learning style and how you would best help students with the material you are teaching.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a student not understanding the information?

American University

Application

I interviewed at American University

Interview

The application was pretty standard - you filled out which section and the role you were applying for and your contact info and year in school and major. Then you had to submit 3 writing samples/news clips.

Interview Questions
  • What could the newspaper improve on, why would you be qualified for the job, what are some pitches/ideas you want to write about, and why you want to join
Viewing 1 - 10 of 106 Interviews

American University Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at American University as 73.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.68 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Resident Assistant and Academic Advisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Assistant and Graduate Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at American University takes an average of 20 days when considering 102 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Research Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Assistant Director of Admissions roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 45 days).

Common stages of the interview process at American University according to 102 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 21.50%