Amewas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 1, 2017

2.4

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amewas (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Met them at a job fair. Great feel, instantly was interested in the company. Received a call for a phone interview about a week later. Easy and laid back but still challenging questions. Got a call for an in person interview a week after that. HR rep explained everything about the company. Same day went and met with a technical employee who interviewed about my skills and showed me the facilities I would be working with. A week later I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What would a past employer say about me.   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amewas (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The entire process took about 2 weeks.

Phone interview was just a quick screening for the employer to get to know a little bit about me.

I got the In-person interview a few days later. It was more technical in terms of my past work experience and what kind of features I made. Also, they asked some behavioral questions to see if my personality can mesh well with others at work. Everybody who interviewed me were very friendly, so I felt very comfortable and was myself.

About a week later, I got the good news and accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

Amewas Response

Nov 23, 2016 – Director of HR

Great feedback! Thank you so much. We hope you've enjoyed your first few weeks with AMEWAS, Inc.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amewas (California, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was excellent overall. When I first entered the conference room I was greeted with a handshake and told to take a seat. I was told to relax and get comfortable which made me feel like part of the team without even knowing if I was going to be awarded the position. The Amewas recruiter was real nice and elaborative. She explained what the company was looking for and how individuals have an opportunity to grow within the company. The interviewers were prepared and that made me feel relaxed and able to answer the questions that they asked me. I was able to ask questions that the interviewers answered in full detail. In my opinion the interview went exceptionally well.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in two years?   1 Answer

Nov 14, 2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to know you have had such a positive experience thus far; we will strive to ensure this is always your experience throughout ... More

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amewas (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR was standard and straightforward, getting to know the person and a few behavioral questions

Technical Phone Interview with the Tech Team was more challenging and more into the specific details of the job.

The experience was friendly and the team asked questions from a technical standpoint and I answered them as positively and concise as I could.

Interview Questions

• Identify your experience with handling risk and risk management.

Share an experience with handling networking or troubleshooting servers.
      Answer Question

Nov 23, 2016 – Director of HR

We are grateful for your time and feedback!

Procurement Associate III Interview

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amewas (California, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

After I applied on the website, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I then had a 10-15 minute phone interview with the HR representative. We discussed the position, my qualifications, and the company. Later, I was requested to come in for a sit down interview, where I was interviewed by the HR Representative and the hiring manger.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amewas (California, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and an in-person interview. The actual in person interview took place in two phases, one phase at the AMEWAS corporate office, and a phase with the manager of the branch of NAVAIR that I would be performing work for. This kind of dual interview process is unusual outside of government contracting but the norm for this kind of work.

To be honest, I expected a more technical interview process, but perhaps it was clear from my resume that I had plenty of relevant experience. The interview with the customer management did go into some arcane technical details, but it was arcana directly related to both my previous experience and the job at hand. No gotcha questions about moving mountains or the shapes of utility access covers here.

Niki, AMEWAS's recruiter, is a pleasure to deal with and is very polite and responsive.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest professional accomplishment? What was your greatest professional defeat?   Answer Question

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amewas (California, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a prompt e-mail response from HR after submitting an application, and set up initial HR phone interview that covered basics of prior experience and further details on job description. A phone interview was set up with another SME to further explain the position and gauge experience and interest. Finally, an on-site interview was scheduled with HR and a senior manager. This was a very comfortable interview setting that included a few questions but was mostly informative and included an opportunity to visit the on-base work site and meet with employees to gain further insight into the position and experience working at AMEWAS.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amewas (California, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was an initial telephone interview with a follow-up face to face with a small panel of interviewers. Review of my resume and actual contacting of prior supervisors and references. During the interview I was made very comfortable and discussed the requirements and how I might be able to support their requirements.

Interview Questions

• How much do I know about the company?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amewas (California, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the bosses. Presented a Photoshop slideshow to them and answered questions pertaining to the job they wanted to hire me for. Received a tour of the facilities and was welcomed by future potential workmates.

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patuxent River, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amewas (Patuxent River, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick, professional and thorough. I completed a phone screening with one of the AMEWAS HR team members followed by a face to face interview. I was then asked to meet with the customer in another face to face interview/group panel.

Interview Questions

• What was my level of experience with NATOPS and NATIP publications and change processes for both?   1 Answer