Amherst College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amherst College Interview Questions

2.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amherst College.

Interview

I applied through a friend who was currently a campus center manager and liked the job. The interview was easy, a few fit questions but nothing more. The pay is good and you get to do your homework!

Interview Questions

• Dealing with drunk students in the wee hours of the morning.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Interview

Submitted application and contacted for interview; very casual; getting to know you more as a person; about past experiences and personal interests, expectations, etc. The interviewee was very nice and genuine, also a great opportunity to learn about the school

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amherst College (Amherst, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

One interview which was very relaxed. They asked a bit about me and what I had done on campus. They tried to make me feel comfortable and to bring out my best side.

Interview Questions

• How have your classes and extra-curriculars prepared you for the internship?   Answer Question

Network Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amherst College (Amherst, MA).

Interview

Initial communications were cordial enough. The telephone interview was fair. Being asked to come to the campus for 7 hours was I feel a little excessive though. By the end of that one gets off one's game and tends to slowly self-sabotage. People were friendly enough except for HR who I feel was looking for cracks in the dyke, took a mildly suspicious approach.

Interview Questions

• Being over 40 earlier I was advised to drop the previous jobs over 10 years old or so. HR seemed maybe annoyed, as if I were trying to hide something. They had no bearing on the position anyway.   1 Answer

Visiting Lecturer Interview

Application

Interview

I was contacted as one of a team, invited as visiting faculty to teach a single seminar, at the recommendation of the senior faculty member taking leave at that time. The vetting was thorough, and though not required, called for a personal visit to the campus.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. This was a civilized procedure, not a gauntlet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to negotiate, as it was a contractual terminal appointment for one semester. The salary was generous on a competitive basis in keeping with the highest standards.

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amherst College (Amherst, MA).

Interview

It was quite simple. I filled out a paper available at the Front Desk and was called 2 days later for an interview the next day. Spoke with the immediate supervisor and the senior manager of the library, for about 10 minutes. Questions were straightforward and revolved around what my academic schedule is like/how reliable I am/if I've ever worked in a library before.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - "Describe your previous library and archival experience."   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Interview

Had to fill out an application form from the library. Immediate supervisor set up a time to meet, then went over my application form with me. Agreed to hire me and started setting up schedule on the spot. Pretty simple.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Amherst College.

Interview

After submitting a motivational letter as well as a resume, a number of applicants were ignited to an interview with the head of the exchange program and a representative of the college. The interview took place about 4 months after submitting the documents. After an additional three weeks the applicants received a letter informing them about the outcome of their interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about stereotypes and would you use them in your classes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not much room for negotiation, but for an internship this is a great chance so I highly recommend to accept the job of offered.

Commentator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amherst College (Amherst, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

I asked director if I could do the JeffCast and he said sure we need more help.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Library Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amherst College in January 2008.

Interview

Mostly Fit and behavorial