Amica Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amica Insurance (Lincoln, RI) in February 2019.

Interview

I was introduced to the company through a career fair at my university. I met with a recruiter who gave me the basic overview of the company and then asked me a few basic questions about myself. After about 10 minutes of talking I was offered a next day interview. I did a lot of research about the company that night and was ready to show my interest in the job. My interviewer appreciated the interest and moved me on to the next round. At this point I was sent an email with instructions that take you to an online test. I submitted that and about a week later was offered a final interview at headquarters. There I met with 3 VPs who just are seeking to confirm what has been passed on to them by the previous interviews. Overall, it was a smooth process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amica Insurance.

Interview

The Interview Process was great. I first interviewed on my college campus with a recruiter and was then contacted for advancement to the final round at the Amica Home Office in Rhode Island. During this interview, you meet with various senior leaders and learn about the position you are applying for from trainers in the LTD department. Great interview experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amica Insurance (Athens, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Met for an on campus interview that lasted approximately 30-40 mins. Two interviewers, one was asking questions while the other one was writing notes on what I just answered. They were very friendly. I felt as if I gave an average interview, but nothing that stood out which is what I think they were looking for

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you showed leadership?   1 Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amica Insurance.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on campus during a career fair. I was offered an interview for the next day. It was more of a screening interview to get to know me. I was then flown to Rhode Island to interview at their headquarters. The interview was with 3 executives back to back. The questions weren't extremely difficult, a lot were behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amica Insurance (Lincoln, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a Amica rep at my career fair and scheduled an on campus interview. After that interview, I was immediately told that she wanted me to move to the next round. I was asked to submit a few writing samples responding to a timed prompt and complete a background check. A month or two later, I was contacted and given the specifics for my final interview at the HQ in Lincoln. Before this interview, I had to contact two Amica Account managers and talk about the position. At the final interview I had breakfast, three one on one interviews and then lunch. They offered me the position the next morning.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example in which you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amica Insurance in February 2017.

Interview

I provided my resume to them via my school's OCR and on their site. After I submitted my resume, I received an email from the recruiter to meet up with Amica reps at my career fair, which I did. Right after I spoke to the reps, I received an email to schedule an interview for the next day.

The first round interview took about half an hour. I was asked behavioral questions, what I knew about the position, and about my background. It felt like the recruiter/interviewer was very eager to move me to the next round and was super friendly. Overall, it felt pretty conversational and open. I was also told what my base salary would be and some stuff about benefits.

Next, I was given a timed writing assessment online. Very easy. Nothing to worry about. About two weeks after submitting, Amica emailed me to schedule a final round in Providence, RI.

Ultimately, decided to not go to final rounds and accepted an offer from another firm.

Interview Questions

• For the final round, you will be given contact info for account managers currently working at Amica. You'll have to call them and ask questions about their experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amica Insurance (Lincoln, RI) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was in person on my college campus with a recruiter the following day after meeting her. The interview was a "get to know you" type of interview where they look to see what you know about the company. Next round was at headquarters in Rhode Island which consisted of a half day tour and 3 in-person interviews that are of medium difficulty that require high energy and thoughtful answers. Company tends to reach out quickly when interested in hiring.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to lead something   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amica Insurance (Lincoln, RI) in August 2017.

Interview

My alma mater hosted a virtual career fair and I attended it and found Amica. I spoke with a recruiter there and my interest was captured about the associate account manager position. From there she scheduled a phone interview, then a webcam interview. At the end of the interview, I was given a writing test to take. Additionally, a background check was performed and I had to speak with two account managers at Amica about their experiences at the company. A week later, I got a call about flying me out to RI. The staff was really great in arranging my flight and hotel. The day of my interview, I had breakfast at Amica headquarters with two other interviewees. The staff was very friendly and everyone was so welcoming! I interviewed with three staff members. Within a week I was called and offered a job!

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have a tough decision to make?   1 Answer
    • Describe your writing style.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amica Insurance (Providence, RI) in October 2009.

Interview

I initially interviewed with Amica after a career fair at my university. I interviewed with two recruiter who started off in the program that i was interviewing for. Both recruiters were very friendly and very engaged in the interview. The questions were basic behavioral type questions about how you work in teams, etc.

After the initial interview on campus, i was given an application packet to fill and out and send back to them. About a week later, i was invited to an on-site interview where i interviewed with 3 V.P. in the morning then had lunch. After that, i was sent back to the airport.

Overall, great interview experience. They put me up in a really nice hotel which was very close to the work site. All expenses were taken care off and the current employees were very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. They have a set salary for this position that they do not negotiate. They give you an option and you can either take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amica Insurance (Lincoln, RI) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process started when Amica came to my campus for the career fair. The next day I was asked to meet on campus for a one on one interview with the same recruiter I talked to at the fair. Then I was asked to submit a driving record check as well as an essay. They then flew me out to Rhode Island where I had an interview with 3 executives. They called me on the way home and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary was set in stone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amica Insurance (Providence, RI) in March 2012.

Interview

I handed my resume and spoke to an Amica representative at my university carreer fair and was quickly contacted to come into the local branch (which also happened to be HQ) for an inperson interview. The interview was fairly basic, I was specifically asked how my experience as an RA would or could apply to the position I was applying for. It lasted a total of 20 minutes or so and was informed that I had moved onto the next round. This required me to submit a writing sample and a background check (which I passed). After another phone interview I was given the contact information for 3 other Amica employees that had completed the training program and were already on the job. I did have some difficulty getting in touch with one of them, but I contacted my recruiter and let her know that this employee was actually on vacation. After getting the contact information for several other employees, I then spoke with all of them (even though I did not have to, only two were required). For the final round, I was brough into HQ with 2 other applicants for a forman panel interterview. These were V.P.'s or other various department heads and they focused on how I would handle adversity, time contraints and difficulty situations. Relocation is heavily emphasized, and I believe mentioning that my mother is in ill health truly hurt my chances.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had competing deadlines, and how did you get everything done?   1 Answer