Amount Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 28 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amount

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amount (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2021

Interview

The interview process took over a month to complete. The initial contact and phone screening were quick, but each next step took over two weeks to schedule and complete. The company recruiter missed all of their self-imposed deadlines and needed to be reminded several times to schedule the next step.

Interview Questions
  • Typical interview questions plus a written assessment.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Amount (Chicago, IL)

Interview

Phone screening, followed by interview, followed up take home exam, followed by another round of interviews this time with 5 or 6 people, then absolute radio silence. Tried many times to get any information from the recruiter but just got nothing in return. It would be nice getting that far to at the very least say "We went with someone else" because when you ghost someone like that, it looks extremely unprofessional, especially after there was a line of communication.

Interview Questions
  • Take home test regarding some aspects of SQL and Python, how to work with big data, how to clean big data.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Amount

Join the conversation on

Accounting

8m

works at

PwC

We need Biden to deal with student debt like a business would. Cancel an amount that will provide completely relief to 70% of debtors. Those who abused the system still have to pay off their balance and everyone else can invest their resources into reinvigorating our service based economy.

1,218

345 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amount (Chicago, IL) in Aug 2021

Interview

1. HR Screening - Basic Screening with attitude questions and salary expectations 2. Hiring Manager - Scenario based questions and job profile discussion 3. Virtual onsite - 3 hrs (total 5 interviews)

Interview Questions
  • Prepare a sample project plan. How to handle client in different scenarios?

Amount

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amount in Aug 2021

Interview

I was asked about remote vs onsite. For remote roles I was informed that I could spend my own money to come to the Chicago office in order to meet colleagues. What a joke.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about remote vs onsite. Didn't seem to have any idea a out potential travel to collaborate in person.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amount (Chicago, IL) in Jul 2021

Interview

Applied online, then about 2 days later had a 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter. After that, I moved forward in the process about a week later and participated in a 2.5 hour interview block with 1:1s with the hiring manager and 3 immediate team members. They gave me a break in between. Next step was an hour presentation to the hiring manager based on a prompt that was sent to me about a week in advance, which I felt was adequate time to prepare. Since I had not met with any cross-functional leaders yet as part of the process, I requested to meet with a couple senior business leaders, which was met with enthusiasm and scheduled two days later. The communication throughout the process from recruiter and hiring manager was consistent, friendly, and helpful with setting expectations an answering my questions quickly. This was a really good experience for me!

Interview Questions
  • Describe your approach to developing talent, creating a learning culture/engagement, performance management, etc. What would you do in your first 90 days here? How do you stay up to date in your field? What are your own personal and professional development goals? How would you address X challenge (inexperienced managers, scaling people processes, etc.)?

Amount

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amount

Interview

This process was very standard and streamlined. The process included a phone screen, basic skills assessment tailored toward the job, 1:1 with the hiring manager, and a final-round interview with 3 members of the team. The recruiter was very quick to schedule each interview and provide feedback. I appreciated how thorough the recruiter was in explaining FAQs upfront, as well.

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you? What makes you a good candidate for this role? What skills can you bring to the team?

Amount

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amount in Jun 2021

Interview

The first interview is a live coding question right away, no behavioral question, tell me about yourself for a few minutes, and then jumped into the coding question. The interviewer was trying to help but him always talking and giving hints threw me off and I lost my train of thoughts. Would have performed better probably if given a few minutes of quiet.

Interview Questions
  • Implement one().plus().two().equals().three() Given [blue_car, green_car, yellow_car, green_car] expected { "blue" -> blue_car,"yellow" -> yellow_car, "green - > green_car, green_car }

Amount

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amount

Interview

1st round of the interview is the HR round which consists of common questions like the salary expectations, tell me about yourself and about the work experience. 2nd round is a live coding round a dataset is given and work around with pandas or any other and get some aggregations.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Amount

Application

I interviewed at Amount

Interview

One phone interview with a Recruiter and one with a Senior DE. The Recruiter call was okay However, the Senior DE looked like he had no prior experience interviewing candidates and did not ask the questions concisely. He didn't even respond properly and was very difficult to even judge what he was expecting. He also sounded rude and unprofessional. They never reverted back not gave any feedback. Total waste of time, don't even bother with the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Amount

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amount in Apr 2021

Interview

Received an email from HR scheduling a phone interview. Interviewer did not show up. I followed up but he never replied. I would not call that professionalism. It is a shame because the company looks great.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Interviews