Amplify Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amplify Interview Questions

Updated Jan 1, 2018

2.8

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amplify.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled an initial phone call to discuss background and position. Their description encompassed responsibilities ranging from a junior analyst to a senior architect, but their pay range was barely entry-level. Additionally, they wanted a contract-to-hire relationship, but had no idea on how to structure it. I offered a detailed structure based on past consulting engagements, but never heard back from them. Overall, they appeared unrealistic and disorganized.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amplify.

Interview

I thought I was applying for a full-time position. There were many jobs on the website, but most were not real. It ended up as a contract position instead of full-time. I think their job posting process is a bit misleading.

Intern Interview

Interview

Asked pretty standard questions. Overall laid back vibe and interviewer was friendly. Supervisor joined afterwards so I was able to get more insight on the company's inner workings and mission.

Full Stack Co-OP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amplify (Rochester, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview took oncampus. Recruiters were really polite and nice. In a 45 minutes interview, they asked me about my resume, object oriented questions and a coding question. It was a nice experience.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview took around 15 minutes. Several questions about motivation for the internship and competency-based questions were asked. The outcome was communicated one day later. Moreover, an essay outlining the motivation for the interview was required.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amplify (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied and within a few days I came in for an interview which went really well. A week later I had a call about salary requirements. A week and a half went by and I followed up with the hiring manager after not hearing anything, and I found out that I had an offer. It was explained to me that I should have heard of the offer much sooner - perhaps there was a delay in HR. So just be sure to follow up after your interview!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a company focused in Education?   Answer Question

It was a really great offer, team, and company but ultimately I decided I didn't want to design for apps.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amplify (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Very laid back and not too difficult. You will sit with about 5 people and have them ask you various technical questions and you will whiteboard for about 30 minutes. They will then show you around if you did well on the interview process. Free snacks and coffee.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amplify.

Interview

I had a brief interview by phone with a Human Resources staff member. That interview was followed by a teleconference interview with two key people I would be working with. I was given plenty of time to get my questions answered so I knew whether or not the position would be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What tool do you think would be most effective in helping students learn?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amplify (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for administrative position. Told me if I wanted a better growing experience I should come back the next day for marketing position. Was not made aware we were going to be dropped in the middle of no where 40 minutes away while doing door to door sales. I was clearly uncomfortable as I informed them I was only looking for a desk job. They said they would hang on to my resume so I could try for the administrative job if I didn't like the marketing - not true.

Interview Questions

Was not what I was looking for. At all. Did not like the idea of walking into buildings uninvited.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amplify (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone call interview with an interviewer and then was scheduled for a half-hour call on Google hangout, which began 15 minutes late (not uncommon but was difficult during the middle of the workday). About a week or so later, I was scheduled for an in-person interview in their Brooklyn office. Because it was a Friday, two of my interviewers didn't come in to the office to meet me in person (they weren't working remotely; they just wanted to work from home that day), so I had to talk to them on a conference call. Another one of my interviewers wasn't able to meet until 2 hours after our scheduled interview.

The questions were not difficult, but because I received such mixed messages on what they were looking for, I had a hard time knowing what the interviewer wanted to know.

After my last interview, the recruiter, who had been showing me around and helping me arrange things, didn't walk me to the door or give me any indication of when I could hear back.

The organization didn't seem to have a full understanding of what they wanted in the role. Two of my interviewers wanted a creative problem-solver; the other two wanted a task manager who could execute but not question. The discrepancy was continually explained by the fact that the organization is "restructuring" and "consolidating" and "streamlining." These keywords were used so often that it seemed that the company itself didn't know what it was doing or what it wanted.

Until this organization has reworked itself and gotten the kinks out, I wouldn't recommend applying here. My interviewers kept saying the organization had a "start-up" feel, but with such a large organization and with the amount of bureaucracy and miscommunication I witnessed, this organization is well past the point of a start-up atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you failed that you turned into a win?   Answer Question