Amplify Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amplify Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2018

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amplify in August 2014.

Interview

This was a technical interview on phone. He asked some basic knowledge of programming, plus a simple coding question. The question is very easy so that you can finish in ten lines. Also some questions about designing classes and methods. There was a talk with the HR before, which involves the background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amplify (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview for an hour.
    Code Test or Assignment where you are asked to take an online code test
    Onsite with 4 engineers.
    You meet with a lot of smart people who will cover algorithm, coding, problem solving and design questions. If you are Sr engineer, you will get system design questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amplify (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone Screen followed by homework assignment. On-site interview consisted of four 45 minute interviews in met with recruiter, 2 technical leads, and director of engineering. Various whiteboarding problems cover your basic Data Structures and Algorithms, System Design, Culture Fit and talk with management (director/eng mgr). Overall the process went pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• How would build a pattern matching algorithm?
      Design a maze game.
      Discuss current projects you have worked on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer, Counter-Offer then Agreement. Started 2 months later because of current job situation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amplify.

Interview

I talked with them at Tech day. There was some email, then a code challenge, then a phone interview. I couldn't really tell how good of a fit I was. They were looking for an engineer and also a front-end person. But it wasn't clear to me what the actual work would be. When I asked about the job I was simply told more about the structure of the company. They were okay to deal with, but they could be better organized.

Interview Questions

• The code challenge had a hard question where you had to generate random numbers from 1 to 100 with 5 dice rolls. The questions were provided from a service.   1 Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amplify (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Reached out to Amplify through their career page, and was contacted by a recruiter. I was given an online coding test to complete in Python. After that, was given a phone screening, which was a combination of general computer science questions, personality questions, and one coding question. That went well, so was invited in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was comprised of three one-hour meetings with different engineers. The first was focused on system design, the second was focused on algorithm design, and the third was a combination of personality questions, experience questions, and a bit more system design (because that was obviously my not-as-strong side).

It's clear that they care a lot about finding people who are really passionate about education and making the world a better place. If your personality fits, and you have good computer science fundamentals, they will be forgiving if you don't get exact details right on questions (I know I didn't).

Interview Questions

• If you were to design Google Docs, what modules would you need? What would be some technical challenges you'd have to overcome and how would you solve them?   1 Answer
    • Write a function that accepts two strings, and returns true if string 2 contains all the characters of string 1.   1 Answer
    • Write a function that accepts a string and a regular expression, and return true if the string contains a match.   1 Answer
    • Write a function that finds the lowest common ancestor between two nodes in an n-ary tree   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amplify.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled an initial phone call to discuss background and position. Their description encompassed responsibilities ranging from a junior analyst to a senior architect, but their pay range was barely entry-level. Additionally, they wanted a contract-to-hire relationship, but had no idea on how to structure it. I offered a detailed structure based on past consulting engagements, but never heard back from them. Overall, they appeared unrealistic and disorganized.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amplify (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied and within a few days I came in for an interview which went really well. A week later I had a call about salary requirements. A week and a half went by and I followed up with the hiring manager after not hearing anything, and I found out that I had an offer. It was explained to me that I should have heard of the offer much sooner - perhaps there was a delay in HR. So just be sure to follow up after your interview!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a company focused in Education?   Answer Question

It was a really great offer, team, and company but ultimately I decided I didn't want to design for apps.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amplify (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Received an email if I would be interested in the job.
    Went to first interview, met with a creative director.
    Very nice impression of the director, and explained in detail about the company,
    explained why he liked me. And he explained what I could be doing in this position.

Received an official offer and then started to communicate with HR department.
    HR department guided me very well for entire process.

Interview Questions

• Question was "What would you like to do in your career?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was simply offered a salary and accepted.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview took around 15 minutes. Several questions about motivation for the internship and competency-based questions were asked. The outcome was communicated one day later. Moreover, an essay outlining the motivation for the interview was required.

Intern Interview

Interview

Asked pretty standard questions. Overall laid back vibe and interviewer was friendly. Supervisor joined afterwards so I was able to get more insight on the company's inner workings and mission.