Amsted Rail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.6

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amsted Rail (Granite City, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I had the phone interview with their senior data scientist. Mostly technical questions about the projects on my resume. About 2w later I had the on-site interview at Granite city. First I had a guided tour at the steel plant, then I met the senior data scientists. They asked me technical questions based on their past projects, then Hr talked to me and I answered some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain neural network concept to people who don't have technical/engineering background   Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Great interviewing process. Went through a series of interviews with different management levels. In the end, I believe it took around 2 weeks for all of the interviews to take place before getting feedback on a job offer.

Field Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amsted Rail (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

After emailing a resume to them I was contacted and we set up a phone interview. We talked for about 30 min or so about me and my skills and what I wanted in a job and she told me about their organization for 15 min or so. About a week or two later they called and offered to fly me to Chicago to their headquarters for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my basic experience, how I had entered the industry, etc   Answer Question
    • They described the job and the skills they wanted and asked how I could help.   Answer Question
    • They asked if I was comfortable with the travel requirements.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amsted Rail in November 2014.

Interview

Phone call with employer, usually an onsite interview for this position though. Because I had worked at the plant the year previously I didn't need to come in to take a tour. Usually two people will interview you though after you have a chance to take a tour between the five plants.

Interview Questions

• I worked here the previous year, so I caught up with the state of the company and was asked what were my goals with this internship.   Answer Question

Metallurgist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amsted Rail (Granite City, IL).

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, and then they flew me in for an in person interview. The people were all very friendly, and I was really hoping for an offer when I left (which they gave).

Interview Questions

• They went through and asked for an example of pretty much every skill I listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amsted Rail (West Chester, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

They needed someone quickly and I was available. Met with the Engineering manager and he shared that he was quite impressed with my skills and experience. After meeting with him, had a panel interview with my coworkers. Answered their questions and during the drive home from the interview, received their offer.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amsted Rail (West Chester, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

2-3 rounds of 1-1 face interview .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After multiple rounds of interview , given an contract to hire position and not full-time

Line Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amsted Rail in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very ordinary. It asked questions that would be in any normal interview for a manufacturing floor job. Most pertained to development and teamwork. All were beneficial to the job

Interview Questions

• What was a time that yu had a deadline and it was close and what did you do to complete the project?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amsted Rail (Kansas City, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

Was called and asked if I were interested. A couple weeks later they set up a phone interview. A week passed and I was called in to interview with a panel. I got the an offer less than a week later.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amsted Rail (Richmond, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

One phone interview with HR when they picked my resume from an online site, then on site interview for several hours. 3 one on one interviews followed by a panel interview. Two of the interviews were with the prospective manager and colleague (another buyer) and the third was with the HR director. The panel interview was with the Chief Operating Officer as well as 8-10 other director level type of executives and was quite unnerving. Then online testing before offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked quite a few detailed SAP questions as that is the online tool I would be using and they wanted to gauge my expertise level.   1 Answer