KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Animalz Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 44 of over 44 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Animalz

Animalz

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Animalz

Interview

Interview process was lengthy, including a significant pause in communication that seemed to show some kind of internal disorganization. However, the interviewers were very open with me about salary and benefits, and asked reasonable interview questions. Ultimate reason for turning down was the position was the very low pay compared to hours expected.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about experience managing clients in addition to writing experience.
    1 Answer

Animalz

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Animalz

Interview

I had a good experience interviewing with Animalz, the recruiter was very helpful and I thought my interview with the hiring manager was great. We had a 30-minute interview that kind of established my background skills and what type of work is involved in this position. No second interview and I didn’t receive an offer but would definitely apply with them again in the future, they left a positive impact on me for sure.

Interview Questions
  • How the skills I learned from my current position are transferable into a customer success role
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Advertising

Publicis Health

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Animalz

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Animalz in Apr 2022

Interview

Overall, it was an easy process but the process was long and left me hanging for a while in between. There were a number of people I met with on the team that seemed nice, but it was just not a fit. I would recommend getting back to a potential candidate as soon as you know you do not want to move forward with them. It was a confusing process towards the end, and although the team was nice, it did not feel great to be ghosted.

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritize your clients. How would you deal with an unhappy client/account.
1 person found this interview helpful

Animalz

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Animalz

Interview

The most bizarre, disrespectful job interview process I've ever gone through. I first applied via Greenhouse and heard back from a recruiter within two days. Thrilled with the speed, I assumed that this was going to be a smooth ride. Little did I know! After my first call with another recruiter, they assigned a non-paid test assignment to submit within THREE DAYS (hold on, you’ll shortly find out why this is in caps). That was a crazy week for me and I had to stay up until 5am to make sure I'd make the deadline—something that I find hilarious now because they took well over a month review it. I then had two other calls with lovely members from the content team who I have no complaints about. The recruiter also asked me for two references and I naturally had to announce to those references that someone will be reaching out to them within the week... and now we were three waiting for an update from Godot. I followed up multiple times over the following two months. The recruiter would take over a week to respond, updating me with generic copy-paste emails that were clearly going out to others (these updates were so basic they might as well have been triggered by a CRM). It’s now been 6 MONTHS and I have officially been ghoooosted. One of the most entertaining parts is this sentence from their first email: “this entire process usually takes between 2 to 3 weeks from start to finish.” If Glassdoor had a meme section, I’d be the first to contribute. I’m genuinely embarassed that I put any effort into this whole shebang. Animalz is now beyond sketchy not only to me, but also to friends, family, and the references who have been following the process—many of which operate in the same industry. Statistically speaking, if you keep doing this with applicants then you’ll pick up a reputation sooner or later. But looking at Glassdoor, it’s pretty clear that the damage has been done and I’m quite surprised Animalz has any clients at all.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Animalz

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Animalz

Interview

Though it started out well, they ghosted me during the process. They ask candidates to create a lengthy test article and promise that you'll get a chance to receive feedback on the piece. These promises were ultimately unfulfilled, leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
  • General questions about your working style, experience, etc.
6 people found this interview helpful

Animalz

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Animalz

Interview

Multi-part interview consisted of video calls with various team members. People were friendly and interview questions were typical interview questions. I received an offer but declined due to salary. Despite sharing what my salary was at my job at the time, the offered salary was a $20k cut.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Animalz

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Animalz

Interview

I applied online and they reached out to me to schedule an interview. Initially, I was told the entire process would take around a week. The first email mentioned I'd have a first interview, a test, followed by 2 more interviews. Fair enough. The first interview went well and the HR person seemed pleasant. She explained the process clearly. The next step was the test. They asked me to write a 500 word article according to SEO principles. I must mention at this point they harp on the word "strategy" a lot. I initially took this to mean brand strategy, voice etc. However, it's just an SEO template they have that is similar to what you find anywhere else. Being familiar with it, I stuck to this template and the editor seemed pleased given the feedback. They raised some good points and I wish I had to opportunity to respond and clarify some things. However, it was time for the next interview. This was delayed significantly. It took them 3 weeks to schedule them and they were done back to back. The first interview in this round was with an editor and I was under the impression she edited my test. It went well and if I had the opportunity to work with her, I'd jump on it. she was very knowledgable, friendly, and understood how the writing process works. The next interview was with an HR person again and this one turned me off a bit. I felt she wasn't very enthusiastic about my application and the interview was over in about 15 minutes. I answered her questions to the best of my knowledge. At not point were any deficiencies in my application brought up. A week later, I receive a rejection email saying they were looking for someone with more "Strategy" experience. It was a surprise. No one voiced this as a concern throughout the process. No one asked about my prior experience. There was no noting of the fact that I had misunderstood their "Strategy" to mean something else. I have extensive SEO writing experience, as was evident in my test, but this seemed to be ignored. So yeah, overall pleasant people, but not a great experience. As a freelancer who earns close to double what they offered me, rejecting me for a lack of "strategy" experience seemed off. I applied primarily because I'm a fan of their work and wanted to experience working with high-calibre people. Apparently the feeling wasn't mutual. C'est la vie.

Interview Questions
  • 1) What is a content strategy template. 2) what is your salary expectation.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Animalz (New York, NY) in Oct 2021

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I had an initial screening with the recruiter for about 30 minutes. Then proceeded to an interview with the potential future manager. There was some confusion as to whether I would be doing a test project, and emails were not always answered promptly by the recruiter I was corresponding with. Lastly, I had an interview with a C-Suite Exec. When they didn't give me an offer they were very gracious.

Interview Questions
  • What metrics would you use to measure a customer's success with our service?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Animalz (New York, NY) in Sep 2021

Interview

It started out great! Then went south pretty quickly. I applied, interviewed, and completed a writing project within a couple of weeks in late September. I was told that I would receive next steps on my writing assignment in a few days. It took a month and a half with me checking in every week or two. I was then asked to make revisions - no problem. I turned those around in 24 hours on November 11th and was told I would hear back ASAP. I've checked in with Animalz consistently since then. January 4th, I received word that they had paused all hiring in January. I understand that, but I've been in this process since September. Why should it take over 3 months to make a hiring decision in the first place? A streamlined hiring process and proactive communication seem to be needed. PS - when I began this process, I was told it would take 3 weeks from start to finish. Not quite.

Interview Questions
  • The writing project was a 500 blog excerpt. They provided audience, subject, and keywords. Pretty straightforward. The person I phone screened with mentioned that they're really looking to see if you can follow directions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Animalz (Saint Louis, MO)

Interview

After I applied, I was asked to schedule a Zoom call with a recruiter. This lasted somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes total. Right after we finished, a recruiter sent me the writing project. I completed it before the deadline provided, and I thought I did a thorough job working it all out. About a week and a half later, I got a response from a recruiter saying that they were going to go with a different candidate. In that email, I also received feedback from an editor. There were essentially two minor edits that I could have made to meet the requirements/edits, but I wasn't given the opportunity to make any edits or resubmit it. In my opinion, I think being able to implement the feedback given would have been helpful for everyone involved; otherwise, why bring it up at all? Overall, I wish they had gotten back to me sooner if they were not going to give me the chance to make changes and use that editor's feedback to show how I respond to edit requests. It was truly pretty disheartening.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Interviews

Animalz Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Animalz according to 46 Glassdoor interviews include:

Presentation: 28.92%