Ann Sacks Tile & Stone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ann Sacks Tile & Stone Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

3.2

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone in February 2017.

Interview

Started off with phone screening, then progressed to take Caliper personality assessment. After 6 phone/ in-person interviews (three separate trips to facility), and a weird web cam Myers Briggs based interview later with psychologist, I was asked to lunch and given a verbal offer pending corporate approval at Kohler. Time went by and I was told I had to speak with someone at Kohler briefly. I was specifically told it was not an interview. It was an interview. The person was aggressive, too, telling me that he did not think I was a good fit right off the bat, painting me into a corner based on my personality indicators. The following week I get an email stating they are unable move forward in the process.

Showroom Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone (West Hollywood, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Initiated through the Kohler website- It's one of those you have to navigate endlessly, retyping your info, rather than a simple PDF upload. Cut to an invitation to take a "caliper" test- which in some way assesses your compatibility. I got a thumbs down, which happens when I take tests. I'd like to think there is value in a candidate that knows the neighborhood so well, they can name 6 sales associates, 2 general managers, 2 store owners, a regional director, and the neighborhood UPS driver, Roger. I am a showroom manager who doubled his previous brand's business in 2 years.
    The Yelp reviews speak for themselves, and similar concerns seemingly extend into the interview process. But it is a lovely brand and showroom overall.

Interview Questions

• Made it so far to take the "CALIPER" test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

This is an intense interview process... I had to endure 2 2 hour interviews. It was crazy! Seriously, it's a sales job. Not an interview for a brain surgeon. Plus, you have to take a Caliper profile test, before they will even consider moving further. There is nothing about this position that makes it any different than any other sales job. Get real.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest obstacle you personally face in dealing with management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

extensive. phone interview with recruiter was pretty standard from what I recall. Then they make you take an assessment, another interview with showroom manager. An offer was extended following the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your role with ...(insert current employer)   Answer Question

Showroom Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

They approached me about the position. I expressed my interest. Submitted my resume and spoke to HR. Took an online test. And then never heard anything else from the company. Since they approached me, I would have preferred to have some type of feedback whether positive or negative.

Interview Questions

• I really wasn't asked any questions. I was given the link to do the online assessment test.   Answer Question

Showroom Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

After a phone screening interview, I interviewed with two people 1-1 consecutively, first an HR rep and then the showroom manager. I had a good idea that the job was not for me, partially due to Glassdoor reviews indicating corporate bureaucracy, which I detest, and partially because the position did not seem to offer the opportunity to advance my goals. After interviewing, I could see that I was right and declined to proceed further in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from an instance when you were criticized?   1 Answer
    • What is a question I should have asked you?   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone.

Interview

I was contacted to set up an in-person round of interviews. They also asked that I complete a intelligence and personality profile in advance of the in-person interview. I was at their office for 2 - 3 hours, interviewing with 3 people and having a tour. At least a month passed before I heard back from them to set up a second interview with the President of Ann Sacks. We had a great interview that lasted an hour and was told they would follow up within a week or two. I've never heard from them since.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a luxury brand before.   1 Answer

Senior Showroom Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone (Laguna Niguel, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very easy. I felt an easy connection with the manager. The company itself was my favorite. I had an eye for Kohler and it's great products and design and history. The company itself is owned by Kohler Company in Portland. The interview process was great, after receiving my resume through the Laguna Design Center Visitor Center, I received an email about the job position. I called and set up an interview. After that, I was selected to start the week after. I sent a thank you letter and submitted a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• I remember vaguely about the interview questions. More likely how well do you fit in with the team and how well would you do as a showroom administrator.   1 Answer

Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

The process took about 6 weeks of very sporadic communication. After submitting my resume I was contacted the following day to set up an immediate phone interview. A few days later I went in for an in-person interview which was led by a skilled and personable HR person. After this I was asked to complete a personality assessment, told that it would take only one hour (it took three hours and included a lot of math puzzles). After this I was promised I would hear back early the following week, but then complete silence for THREE weeks. Even with a follow-up, I was strung along. After I had given up hope I was contacted to set up a final phone interview with senior management. He again promised me I would hear back early the following week, but two full weeks later I received a phone call at 5 pm on a Friday to tell me they had gone with an internal candidate. Overall, extremely unimpressed with the lack of professionalism demonstrated.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of what the position entails?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone (Kohler, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

This process is ridiculous. No company besides the NSA, CIA or maybe NASA should require 5+ interviews with different people, multiple background checks, and as many hoops as a circus. All this for a entry level position. On top of this it took well over a month and a half. Who has that much time to sit around being unemployed?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was as drawn out and ridiculous as the Interviewing process.