Antenna Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Antenna Software Interview Questions

3.4

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Antenna Software (Bothell, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews, which included technical screening. Then I went into the Seattle/Bothell office for an interview. Although the company is larger with a home office in another state, this local office had all of 5 people in it.

These two interviewers that were quite snarky and conduct themselves in a way that will make Antenna software's competitors extremely happy, because they put their egos first in any communication to others. They were supposed to, on the schedule, interview separately, but they came in together and seemed to enjoy themselves quite a lot in rejecting any answer.

In a judgment call of whether to represent their company well or to serve themselves, it was way more important for a couple of my interviewers to entertain themselves. It was a choice for them in the interview to call me a liar, to say I could not have had the experience I had, the certifications I had (with professionally proctored tests), the Masters degree I had - literally they said that to me in the interview. They could have just lied to the director who asked their feedback on interviews and shined me on, but no, they made the choice to hector, bully, and just in general, be harassing during the interview to their own open amusement. Yeah. They laughed and smirked at one another during the interview.

I thought to myself, if these guys were in a meeting with a client and the customer dared have their own architect or technical person challenge them, they would obviously feel it was appropriate behavior to bully if their egos got threatened ...or just for personal entertainment. They did not put Antenna software first, and considering that the company I come from is a client of Antenna software, they were not concerned at all I'd be communicating their unprofessional behavior to others. You know, potential customers, not their management. And here to potential employees. One of the things I look for in a company is one where the culture is to be competitive in the market and presenting well to all people, who are, after all potential customers. So in an interview, I look to how people treat people. I wondered if the company thought it was so rich that it could afford this sort of culture. I thought it would run customers off. Or maybe the management was uncourageous or unknowledgeable that it could be held hostage to people who behave like this. All of this is a red flag.

I had already passed phone technical screenings. At one point I wondered if they were trying to stress test me to get me to storm out of the interview. Nope. That wasn't the case, this was them acting off-road to any official Antenna policy, no doubt. However, clearly, since they had been at the company for a while, this is not new behavior.

At one point, I answered a question using the word "token" instead of "certificate" and the one fellow barked at me that I didn't use the word he liked and therefore was wrong in answering the question about a security architecture. Because I didn't use the word he wanted, I could not have understood the entire concept. His buddy added that "obviously I didn't have any experience working with it." Ok.....I've done presentations on this and my slides are on the internet.....I have a lot of work experience as well. And also enough experience to recognize what is going on here. This is the culture they have set up in the office. The questions they asked were not difficult. However, it seemed that from the start, they would have no answer I gave them..

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Antenna Software (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process when executed properly and effectively will include elements before, during, and after the interview. Before an interview, it is of primary importance to know what kind of questions are important and relevant to the organization's mission, vision, values, and culture, in addition to questions that will focus on the specific position being applied for. From the organization's perspective, it should matter more that the applicant is a good fit for the mission and vision of the company than if their skill set is superior, although competence is definitely an important factor.

Junior Software Engineer - Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Antenna Software (Kraków (Poland)).

Interview

Send in the CV for a SE internship position. Was contacted back by the HR dept.
    No phone interview, invited for oniste interview that consisted of a IT-knowledge test, English language test, an interview with potential manager and Engineering Director. I was called 2 weeks later and presented with the offer

Interview Questions

• Test included many Java trivia. An interview with the Engineering Director includes an algorithmic question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, all interns receive the same remuneration.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Antenna Software.

Interview

I had phone interview with HR and I was called for onsite interview with the team. The hiring manager asked me about my programming background, asked about my SQL/ databases skills. Interview was very pleasant no trick questions.
    A few general questions like why this company, why this position etc?

Interview Questions

• I wasnt asked any difficult question. The overall interview was very pleasant and straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Antenna Software (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

consisted 7 rounds , 5 - technical , 2- HR

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Antenna Software (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

I faced a round of six interviews during the selection process , during which two interviews were merely a normal talk , with the HR and the VP.
    First I had a written test , with aptitude and reasoning questions, followed by an essay writing on "Last one year of your life"
    My first interview was with a Software Engineer. He asked mostly OOPs , C++, etc.
    In second interview also they extended on C++, and programs for recursions, pass by reference, loops, etc
    The third interview was very detailed with a PM, he asked me abt my final year project, in which domain i want to work and why, Data Structures, Computer Architecture, DBMS, etc
    Next was a round with HR.
    After that i round was with MD where he dug me about my essay and asked me to solve some LR questions.
    Last was just a talk with the VP.
    I got the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• essay writing on "Last one year of your life", and the third interview about Computer Architecture   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Antenna Software (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

At that time they are doing mass hiring, so interview process was neither so long nor very hard.
    It was of 45 mins, with very basic question of Core Java.
    Anyways the work which is done in the company is all together different, it's on a proprietorial tool which do not give you any exposure on any open source technology.

Interview Questions

• All the question were on basics of Java. Collections, Object oriented concepts.
      I had a long discussion on Inner class.
      There was also a question on SQL. It was a good question with a bit complex logic.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There is definitely room for the negotiation, almost everybody who joined with me negotiated the salary by atleast 10%. I was offered 8.4 lpa and they immediately become ready for 9 lpa.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Antenna Software (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

They will conduct 4-5 rounds , but they are only for namesake.Questions asked are normally concerned with previous project and basics of OOP , DataStructure.

Negotiation

NA

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Antenna Software (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

There is no such patterns exists.
    In general case there could be 5 or more than it rounds which covered all aspects to be a part of antenna

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Antenna Software (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

6 rounds, 4 technical, 1 non-tech and 1 one with center head. Mostly SDLC questions. Got selected but they did not meet my expectations

Interview Questions

• Describe all non-functional requirements in a typical web based project.   Answer Question
    • Describe how would you handle multiple teams each working on a different project.   Answer Question

They did not meet my expectations