Applied Industrial Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.5

COMET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Three interviews. 1st was over the phone. 2nd was a Job Shadow/ Interview. 3rd Interview was in Cleveland at AIT HQ. The interview process was not that long. All of the employees that I had the opportunity to speak with were very honest. The company is filled with great people and that was obvious even during the interview process.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview process was one of the more laid back experiences I have had with an interview. After the initial conversation with the recruiter, I was invited for an interview the next day. The interview consisted of three one-hour conversational interviews with different members of the team. After the interview ended I was sent on my way.

SAP SD Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

it was fairly quick the regular hr call followed by manager and then a skpe with solutions architect i received an offer after 15 min interview filled out all the paper work signed a job letter and later received a call and was told the job is being cancelled for no reason they thought about eliminating the position. shows management is clue less of their decisions

Interview Questions

• it was mostly technical but what is condition technique edi and pricing questions   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Cordial, Comprehensive, Insightful. The people involved were courteous and thorough. They made clear that exciting growth is occurring and is likely to continue. They inquired as to educational background and alignment with corporate needs. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Background description, job history. They inquired on outlook and approach to solving problems. Asked about work ethic, past problems solved and applicability to their business. Overall it was a good experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies in August 2015.

Interview

The process moved quickly. Their recruiter reached out to me directly. Within a day or so received a call from their district sales manager. Within a week he had come down to meet face to face. They worked around my schedule the whole time. They also showed me a day in the life of their account managers. Very smooth process.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Called by their internal hr/recruiter. He painted a rosy picture. It was for the Applied MS&S division. The next step was a call a few hours later by their Sales Manager in market. Set up face to face interview. For a few days later. Met face to face the Sales Manager was upfront and honest and said base salary was very low in mid 20's plus commision. The compensation plan would transition to straight commissions after 2 years. No car allowance, expenses, etc. The top rep in this market was making mid 40's.

Interview Questions

• Describe your resume and let's get to know each other.   1 Answer

Compensation was for a starting out of college candidate. The Sales Manager was very honest upfront. Not enough base salary.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Average in difficulty. Received a phone call, spoke briefly about the position then I nvited in for an interview. Invited back in for a second interview and to meet a few others. Pleasant, professional experience overall. I enjoyed getting to know some of the staff and the tour of the facility was nice.

Customer Service Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies.

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR Rep from HQ in Cleveland. The position itself was located in Indianapolis. The interviewer came off very rude and curt about my previous experience. He snickered when he asked about a recent layoff and asked me what happened there. I've been through many interviews and was left with a negative impression.

I was asked for an onsite interview and despite our difficult schedules, we were able to have one. The interview was basic previous experience questions until the second interviewer joined. During this portion he asked me several unprofessional questions including asking me if I was married (I am a young female) which made me very uncomfortable. Not only does that open them to potential lawsuits its just not necessary to ask a female applicant if she is married. He then asked me if I "moved up here all by myself" which I found condescending and odd. I don't know if this was their way of trying to see if I was a single mom with children or what exactly the end game was. Through out the line of questioning I was basically forced to divulge a lot more information about my private life than I feel an interviewer should know. If an offer was made to me, I would decline.

Bottom line, if any of your employees are interviewing potential applicants I STRONGLY suggest giving them additional HR training or having a rep present.

SAP SD Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Phoneton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process fairly simple. First very inform 30 min phone screen with HR then scheduled for 2nd phone interview with 2 people. Interview more about experience and resume and given details about the company. Not technical interview at all.

COMET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

1) Phone interview - they called me and asked me questions for about 1 hour. Then had me ask them questions about the job.

2) in-person interview - they took me out to see some of their customers so that I could get a feel for the industry and then I had an in-person interview for about 1 hour.

3) flown to Cleveland to interview at the head quarters - stayed at the Hilton in downtown Cleveland. Met with HR then had 3 interviews with top level executives. Had lunch and then got on the plane to go home.