Aptina Imaging Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aptina Imaging Interview Questions

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aptina Imaging.

Interview

First Submit resume online, then about 2 weeks later received email from the HR. In the email HR propose to arrange a 30 mins phone interview. Basically, phone interview is easy. The hiring manager talk you and let you introduce yourself. After the phone interview, wait for another week, you might get the invitation to on-site interview. The onsite will a whole day, face to face interview about 7 engineers. At last, after on-site interview, offer comes to you in 2 weeks.

Senior Manager, Total Rewars and Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aptina Imaging (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process lasted about two months. This may have been due to the holidays, but I had a phone interview and then was asked to come to the office two weeks later. After that I heard nothing. About four weeks later I was contacted by the recruiter and was told that I would come in for another interview. After that interview, I waited another two weeks and I was told that I got the job. I then started two weeks later. The first interview was just with the VP and the recruiter. My next meeting was with the entire rest of the team at different times - it wasn't a panel interview. The final interview was with the VP again and that was it. The VP and team made for a great interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• The VP gave me a couple of real life problems happening at the company and asked I would solve them. I guess I gave the right answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate. This phase lasted about two weeks. They allowed me to keep a planned vacation and even gave me more shares of stock.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aptina Imaging (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Saw posting online, emailed resume and received a respond within 3 days for a phone interview date. Spent 30 minutes on the phone asking about work experience.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what you do outside of work.   1 Answer

Interviewer seemed disorganized and overall department seemed chaotic mess.

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aptina Imaging (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

After the recruiter decided I was a good fit for the job, the company sent me a questionaire covering process and device challenges in 45nm technology and new technology nodes.

Interview Questions

• Which one is a more viable option for 45nm technology : NiSi2 vs CoSi2:   2 Answers

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aptina Imaging (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

They called me for a phone interview first. Then they flew me to San Jose for 6 hours of on-site interview with 5 people. Starting from potential coworker, then manager, and then the director. Then another employee and another manager and then an HR person. The technical questions were asked by coworker and manager. The rest were just checking if I am generally a smart person or no.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aptina Imaging (Boise, ID) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview was mainly technical with a knowledge of analog circuits. It also dwelt on other product engineering experience such as testing, micro probing, signals etc. A part of it consisted of my previous experiences with product engineering. I had to give specific examples of problems solved. I had also prepared on the company's products and was able to answer questions on it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aptina Imaging in October 2010.

Interview

Interview process was aimed at knowing your technical skills and how have you handled different projects.

Interview Questions

• Given a Sudoku solution, check if the solution is correct. What strategy would you use.   Answer Question
    • Write an algo to do transpose of a matrix   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aptina Imaging in July 2010.

Interview

Initial communication was with recruiter- Very pleasant.
    1;1 was w/Hiring Manager- who was HR VP. Interview was more of a conversation- easy going VP- seemed to have some idea of what he was looking for but was also probing for how things are done in the current company I work for- (i/e HRIS systems).