Arbor Commercial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arbor Commercial

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Depew, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Arbor Commercial (Depew, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I met Arbor at a Career Fair in Western NY. Both local HR rep and Hiring Manager for the position were present. I was certainly peeked at the booth and thought we could be a solid match. It took 2 weeks for HR to follow up and schedule a phone screening, another week to actually have the 20 min discussion. 2 weeks later we met on site. The site visit with a panel of 3 VPs and local HR, was very positive, the fit was very apparent, I was fairly certain an offer would be made and genuinely excited about the opportunity. Another 2 weeks and the offer is made with 24 hours to accept. I was originally verbally granted a week to decide which was revoked a day later and the offer rescinded. I believe I made a blunder not accepting immediately since they appear to be a strong company and I was confident I would excel in their organization. Overall a positive experience and I wish them the best.

Director Interview

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR. He called me a few days later and left me a message to set up an in-person interview. Since I was at work, I had to find a private place to talk, and called him back 20 minutes later. He didn't answer so I left a message. He didn't return my call so I tried again the next day and followed up by email as well. He never bothered to call me back. Did they find someone else to offer the job to in those 20 minutes? Doubtful. Regardless, the polite thing to do is to return a candidate's call - especially when he was the one who reached out to me for an interview! Very poor experience and they missed out on a great candidate! I will never apply to this company again.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arbor Commercial in April 2015.

Interview

Standard questions since I have no prior working experience. They inquire more on the technical and practical aspect to compensate for this lacking.Interviewers are pretty nice and encouraging, even though I did not meet their expectation,

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arbor Commercial (New York, NY).

Interview

Very quick and to the point

Interview Questions

• Underwriting questions pertaining to specific areas of skill   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arbor Commercial (Uniondale, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Very casual. Simply went though my resume and talked about what I had learned at school. The interview took only 10 minutes and was more to see if I had the ability to actually contribute work to the firm.

Interview Questions

• How has my previous work experience in retail helped me in school?   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arbor Commercial (Long Island City, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Went there on two interviews. The first was pleasant enough in which I met with several departments. It was at the Long Island location. For the second interview I met with an SVP from their Boston office who came in for the interview. The SVP spoke negatively about the prior person in the position and other candidates. There was a certain level of hostility in the interview.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask questions as much as try to ascertain your character.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arbor Commercial in April 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager did about 50 minutes of talking about the company and asked me less than a half a dozen questions. I didn't want to interrupt but I didn't get much of a chance to talk either. It was as if he was selling the company and already decided he wasn't interested in me. If you had a category for "strange" rather than easy or difficult the interview would fall in that category