Arcadia University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arcadia University Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2016

2.8

International Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arcadia University in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, approximately 1.5 months later received an email scheduling a Skype interview. Ended up doing the interview by phone, lasted about a half hour. The staff with whom I spoke were friendly and I felt as comfortable as one can feel while doing a phone interview. I was quoted a salary offer over the phone and was told that I'd hear back about in-person interviews in two weeks; after three weeks I received an automated email saying that someone else was chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about your experience managing budgets professionally.
      Q: Would you be willing to accept the job with a salary of $36,500?
      Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arcadia University in September 2015.

Interview

Very simple, I had a phone interview with someone from their HR department and then several weeks later was invited to come in for a panel interview with the entire Admissions team. Found the process a bit more formal and uncomfortable than it needed to be and they didn't get a feel for my personality.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prepare a short presentation as if I was trying to convince someone to attend either Arcadia or my alma mater. While I felt I did a fine job, no feedback was provided. Questions they asked were very standard interview questions.   Answer Question

PS UI Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Arcadia University in July 2015.

Interview

Applied in April called for phone interview in July. Had second in person interview later in July. Panel seemed unorganized and asked the same question in different ways or questions that did not pertain to the role. Hiring manger gave many different timelines and did not stick to any. Entire process took 4 months.
    Accepted an offer elsewhere based on lack of organization and disposition of the panel.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenside, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arcadia University (Glenside, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

There was an application, then a group interview, followed by an individual interview. The group interview was long and tedious, the individual interview I felt like went much better. I was initially offered an alternate position and got the job a semester later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if something went against your morals?   1 Answer

Instructor (General Social Sciences) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenside, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arcadia University (Glenside, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer, who is the program chair, was cordial and friendly. It lasted approximately 90 minutes, and we discussed my research, previous college teaching experience, and salary expectations. It was very much a conversation and not a painful interview. Bring your CV and samples of your lesson plans, research abstract(s), etc. to help with the process.

Interview Questions

• Can you speak about challenges in the classroom?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenside, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arcadia University (Glenside, PA).

Interview

I was offered the position with the Biology Office through my program, which tries to give all students a couple hours a week. I went to see my future boss and had a small tour and explanation of what I would be doing. I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• It was not a typical interview. If I was asked any questions, it was what hours I would be available and questions about things she already mentioned.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenside, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arcadia University (Glenside, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Odd. It felt a bit like I was part of the family, though one faculty member was obnoxious during my interview and another was physically a bit inappropriate (touching me repeatedly).

Interview Questions

• Very few questions. Most of the time they just told me about the program and university.   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenside, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arcadia University (Glenside, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

Slow. the search takes a long time. You might forget you applied for the job by the time they contact you then its rush rush rush. They even contacted my references before I had a second interview and I didn't get an offer even though I asked only to contact if I was to get offer only.

Interview Questions

• Experience working in education or university environment? Experience working with a particular group of students (relevant to the position)
      Do you mind working flexible hours?
      Tell us about an achievement in your current work situation you are most proud of?
      1 Answer

Network Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arcadia University in January 2010.

Interview

met with the hiring manager (Director) and another manager. It was relaxed. none of the typical interview questions. Focused on my skill set. for an academic environment i was impressed by the suits they wore. It was also the only place that sent me a snail mail confirming receipt of my app and then one with the typical 'your qualifications were great but ..." i think it would have been a great place to work

Interview Questions

• give me an example of a project that didn't go well and how you responded   Answer Question