Arcadia.io Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arcadia.io Interview Questions

Interviews at Arcadia.io

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia.io (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview started with a discussion with the engineering director and another engineer. First questions were about me, my background, and my interests. The next questions were questions intended to see how I think about problems. There were no brain teasers or unfair questions in this section.

The second part of the interview was a pair programming exercise with the director of engineering. The exercise was to implement Conway's Game of Life in the language of my choice. The director asked a lot of questions and gave really excellent discussion when suggesting improvements. I never once felt uncomfortable during the exercise. I nervously said "You may not hire me, but I'm having a really good time right now." The director laughed and wrote the quote down. The exercise was time boxed to an hour, but I loved what we'd accomplished in the hour.

Overall, this is probably the best interviewee experience I've had to date.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope your co-workers will think about you in a year?   1 Answer
    • Consider the scenario where you find a machine you don't recognize in your network. You're able to log in to the machine. What might you do to try to identify the machine's purpose?   1 Answer
    • What's something you're really passionate about (besides programming)?   Answer Question
    • If we were to give you a laptop and tell you to setup your ideal workstation, what would you do? What software would you install? How would you configure your environment?   Answer Question
    • Implement Conway's Game of Life with a pairing partner.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arcadia.io (Burlington, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Stated with an internal recruiter reaching out via LinkedIn. They schedule a prescreen phone interview and then missed it and emailed me to reschedule 15 minutes after the original call. Called during the reschedule time and asked typical questions about background and experience. Asked if i would be comfortable with some of the requirements (travel, etc...). Interviewer admitted to being new and not knowing a lot about the company when I asked questions. I was told to get in touch if I was offered another job, but never heard anything back. The whole thing seemed disorganized.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arcadia.io (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn about an available position at the company through an external recruiter. After going over my current work experience with the recruiter on the phone, I scheduled a phone call with a Director of Engineering at Arcadia the next day. Following our phone conversation, we scheduled an in-person interview the next business day (Monday).

The in-person interview process was great, a panel came in an asked me questions related to my professional work experience as well as some behavioral questions to gauge my responses to various situations. After the panel, there was a 1 on 1 with the director who gave me a white board interview. Basic programming concepts were covered: objects and their properties in Java, SQL statements and joins, and a question pertaining to recursion. None of these questions were difficult per say, but I feel that they were more an inquisition as to how you'd approach a problem rather than seeing if you could solve it.

A casual lunch was covered by Arcadia which really drove home the message that they care about hiring great talent and treating their employees well. A wonderful interview process, start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Ability to demonstrate Object Oriented Programming, SQL queries, and algorithms.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I interviewed at Arcadia.io (Burlington, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who met with me over the phone to vet me and my interest in the job. I then met over the phone with the department manager and the COO. Since those interviews went well, I was brought in for a full day of meetings and to do a presentation. All of the people I met seemed genuine and very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia.io (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a call with a recruiter from Arcadia. We came to the agreement that my skill set would be a good fit. He let me know that he would be arranging an interview with the hiring manager. A few days later I interviewed with the hiring manager. The call was odd because he did not seem at all interested during the interview. He sounded bored and asked pretty generic questions. He came across as if he did not care at all.

I was contacted by the recruiter again advising me that the hiring manager wanted to have a second interview. This was delayed several times and then I received another call asking if I could get on another phone interview with a different person within an hour. I was able to accommodate.

The second interview was a mess. The interviewer was trying to ask deep technical questions about various different technologies but he didn't seem to understand or know what he was talking about. I had to ask him to repeat several questions, and he used the term "stateful" dozens of times out of context. It was very frustrating trying to answer questions that didn't make any sense. Several questions about various operating systems using incorrect verbiage and networking that were incoherent.

Approx. a week after that interview I was advised that they would be seeking other candidates. That was a relief, because I don't know as that would have accepted an offer had one been made based on the interviews I had been a part of.

Interview Questions

• What is a Review Only Domain Controller and is it stateful?   1 Answer

Lpn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arcadia.io (Dayton, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

My interviewer was professional, efficient, and very knowledgeable. She went out of her way to make me feel relaxed and to actually enjoy the process. The process took less than an hour I was hired on the spot and scheduled for orientation.

Technical Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia.io (Burlington, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was recruited by someone through LinkedIn. I went along with it and was interviewed over the phone by a manager. That process was smooth enough, and I was passed along for another phone interview within 2 weeks. The second phone interview was pretty basic with standard interview questions, such as "describe blah blah experience on your resume." I was promoted to the final phone interview. Yes, I had 3 phone interviews. The final phone interview consisted of 2 case questions, which threw me off because they were so unusual. The man asked me "How many golf balls can you fit into a plane?" and "How many times do you run a horse around a track in the most efficient manner?". Three phone interviews is a bit much, so I wasn't upset that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • How many times do you allow horses to run around a track in the most efficient manner?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia.io (Burlington, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone screen w/recruiter followed by a 3-hour interview onsite with numerous folks that included a presentation, analytical and a social (lunch) and then a brief meeting with the hiring manager.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia.io.

Interview

Three week interview process. My first interview was over phone with a recruiter. The 2nd (over phone) interview a week later, was with one of their consultants. My last interview was in person w/ the team which included a couple of principal consultants and Senior Director.

Interview Questions

• My advice is to not get nervous. The analytic questions are actually pretty easy, but nerves can get the best of you. It was a good experience and they are really looking to work through and solve the problems together with you during the interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arcadia.io (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

There were couple of phone interviews focused on behavioral questions including past leadership experiences and project work. Took couple of months to get the call for on-site interview. It was well organized consisting of 3 sessions: 1. Presentation on the already given topic 2. Business case (proj mgmt) 3. Business case (numbers focused). Interviews were followed by informal lunch with couple of employees. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the profit levels for payers and providers with given types of medical care or tests required for some population. There was a table of different categories of ailments and necessary care, probabilities and cost of those cares.   1 Answer