Arcadis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arcadis Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and very relaxed. They didn't ask me anything that I didn't expect. A majority of the time was spent discussing projects the senior engineers work on and the responsibilities of the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company and why do you want to join our team?   Answer Question

Project Controls Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arcadis.

Interview

Video contact with Arcadis person, then video interviews with two different client's managers.

Client was fine and professional

Your own company's rep did a Jekyll Hyde switch even while offer was coming in.
    All of a sudden, jaw dropping irrational behavior started happening, without any rhyme or reason.

Write down any commitment made and document it, because there is no good will whatsoever. Ever tried to move out of your place before driving to relocate to other part of the country within zero, yes, zero weekdays? Yes, that was the time suddenly allocated.

Certainly, when originally assessing time that would be needed, nobody would have stated that they need zero days for prepping, as the person claimed, brazenly denying, with classic "I cannot recollect", that it was clearly stated that one week would be needed (and that one week is, you would agree, more than super fast for a cross-country move). And to consider it a victory if you get one whole day, though still not sustainable?

Would you call that "manipulation", very naive and cheap one at that? Kind which shatters any trust even before heading into any complex situation?

That was only one of about dozen twists and turns within a week, where you would be expected to jump and act, even without having a contract signed yet! Imagine now working on a project with such treatment?
    Strange and unprecedented, and be careful about completely unexplainable and completely pointless verbal acrobatics (because nothing is gained, except strong fear and suspicion of yourself or your life not being a factor at all).
    How to plan a project with someone who has trouble planning and costing a trip, and is not familiar with important and simplest aspects of such common activity, despite you providing all of that?
    Not familiar even with basics of USA geography and features of travel, then travel EW vs. WE with respect to time zones, and did not even want to learn, though offered all info. Now, imagine a complex project?
    It just brings question how can someone like that be given a very senior position, and then, what kind of company hiring key must be in place for very senior positions. Could not help noticing certain similarities in roots of the people holding such positions in this particular section of the company. Then, I saw similar comments in company reviews. As they, if it quacks like a duck and if it walks like a duck, then .... just see the obvious, and behave accordingly.

Acknowledge even the tiniest alarm bell or gut feel of yours.

Remember, things only get worse once you are in, because you cannot quit quickly enough, since it would shatter your resume. Read other reviews of former employees and you will find a common thread. I should have read them before process, but I was desperate for a job, and, apparently, that desperation was mercilessly played on.

Interview Questions

• Construction project starts with green field. It has to end with a piece of equipment being plugged in and turned on. Describe all the construction steps which have to be taken to accomplish that.   1 Answer
    • What would you put in a document outlining project controls approach on a project?   1 Answer

Project Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arcadis (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I got selected for interview from Career fair. Then first round of interview with local recruiters which was just screening and basically go through my resume. Next, interviewed by hiring manager on phone. That was very chill interview discussing my experience and how that matches with there requirement. Again, i had two interviews with the client and one lead scheduler. Pretty basic question but great interview experience. Overall after long 3-4 month time finally got the offer.

Interview Questions

• All the question given by various people here are helpful   Answer Question

Entry Level Water Resources Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arcadis (White Plains, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I got contacted by recruiter in March. I went to on-site interview in May at White Plains, NY office. I interviewed with 5 people from two main water sectors in WP office. They asked basic behavioral questions and the overall process was pretty laid-back. I pretty enjoyed the interview. There was barely time for me to have a rest between two interviewer, which made the whole process a little bit tired.

I kept following-up after the interview, but the recruiter told me that they were still interviewing more people. I didn't got official rejection. The recruiter informed me that the office didn't think I was a fit for there position.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a HR interview a few weeks later. Really common questions but the HR seemed not to listen to my answers carefully. Overall, the experience of the interview is not bad.

AFS Technical Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was first screened by recruit where she asked basic questions about my education and work experience. Second interview was done over the phone with the project manager. Was originally set up with two other professionals but we had technical difficulties. Last interview was an in-person interview with the same project manager and a senior geologist. This last interview was very laid back although I was asked some tough questions. HR got back to me with a job offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• What is a cirque?
      What interests you about this position?
      Why do you want to work for ARCADIS?
      Tell me a little bit about yourself.
      How would you use ArcGIS in a team project/assignment?   Answer Question

Entry Level Water Resources Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arcadis (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

2 in-person interviews and 1 phone interview a few days later. The interviewers varied in experience. There was one engineer with less than 5 years of experience, one experienced engineer with less than 5 years of experience at Arcadis, and two very experienced engineers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences. What classes did you most enjoy? What do you know about hydraulics? What kind of experience would you like to gain?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis.

Interview

Was recruited from another company. Interviewed for approximately 1 hour with about 3 or 4 people. The interview was cordial and positive with knowledgeable technical staff. I had a follow up interview with one individual to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience.   1 Answer

Environmental Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arcadis.

Interview

Met them initially at a campus career night. Had an interview set up within days. Had an interview with 5 different people one on one. Pretty typical interview questions and very laid back.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about arcadis?
      What did you find most difficult with that project?
      What was your favorite class?   Answer Question

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis (White Plains, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was held in November 2016.It was a skype interview for the entry level electrical engineer position (White Plains, NY).A very easy interview. Very laid back and enjoyed the whole interview process. It seemed like they really liked me and they made the whole interview process very relaxed. They started to ask a expand the roles for the position. Overall very smooth. I was very confident that I was going to be their next hire. But it has been 2 months I haven't received any status on my application. I was very excited to become a part of the Arcadis team. The HR lady informed me they have been conducting more interviews. How long does it take to give you a YES or NO answer. Just don't leave the candidate hanging to figure out on their own. That is not professional at all. This is the reason why you loose good candidates eager to expand their technical skills. Keep in mind this is an "entry level" position. Trump needed zero presidential experience to run for the president of USA and you expect me to have Master's degree and 5 years of experience? Simply Ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work with Arcadis.
      Tell me about your relevant experiences.
      Do you know AutoCad.