ArcelorMittal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ArcelorMittal Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.8

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal.

Interview

I talked to one of the representatives during a college career fair last fall semester. I interviewed with them on campus the next day for a full time position. They were friendly and did not ask any challenging questions (nothing technical). They told me that I should hear back from them within two weeks, however I have not heard back from them.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal in September 2016.

Interview

Two girls interviewed me for the position. The process was just ok. The girls seemed unprofessional and the one asking me questions started talking to her partner in the middle of my response. They did not seem to care much besides typing my responses into the computer for them to send it off to the hiring manager for review.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions. Some of them were kinda long and by the time I was explaining the situation, I would forget the question...

Name a time when you had to work in a group or at a job that you worked on a project that had a deadline. What was your role and what results did it produce.

Name something that you have struggled with and why and what you are doing to overcome this struggle and why. How were the results.   Answer Question

BasicPosition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Pages of interview questions, then I had to go and observe the job about a week later. They had me believe I had the job, then told me I was not a "fit". All of this for part-time, on call work. The number of hours per month for the position also became less each time I talked to them. It was really a waste of my time, since I had to take time away from my regular job without pay.

Interview Questions

• Questions about what you did as an employee to solve problems at your job and how co-workers helped you solve problems.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal.

Interview

A panel of 3 people interviewed. The department explained the current activities and the goals the department has and the goals/objectives of the Comany. They asked me questions concerning my previous career development, and what areas I will most want to develop. The HR had a brief interview to know about my interests and how I feel moving into a new City at a far distance.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal in November 2015.

Interview

on site interview took place on Indiana Burns Harbor. Basically behavior question. talked to three interviewers, two engineer one hr. 3 hours in total. then a tour around the facilities. all the travel expense are covered by the company. great company good people. the nature of the questions was not hard. just a bit long. be prepare to answer a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me yourself

What motivates you?   1 Answer

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Burns Harbor, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process included a on-campus interview followed by a site visit. During the site visit, I was given a tour of one of the production lines in addition to interviewing with three employees who had started as engineers in the company. All three were relatively personable and the interviews were not stressful.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked basic behavioral questions - Name a time you had to deal with a difficult group member. What is your biggest weakness? Etc. Not terribly difficult. The other two interviewers were more conversational.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Scheduled interview with them at school career fair, had interview the next day. 30 minutes and a few behavioral questions and went over resume as well. Ended up that we weren't looking for the same thing and parted ways almost immediately. Applied for technical internship and they wanted me to basically code for them. Weren't very clear on the opportunities after internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a task at hand and you failed?   Answer Question

Materials Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (East Lansing, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I had been interested in ArcelorMittal for a log time and definitely wanted to get involved in the companies' culture. The young lady who interviewed me was a hard interviewer. Questions that were asked included technical and behavioral questions. When asked about the company and expectations she pretty much hesitated for an correct answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you and a coworker had to work together to solve a problem that had nothing to do with the project at hand?   Answer Question

Utility Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Burns Harbor, IN) in May 2012.

Interview

Job lead from IN Work One in 2011. Contacted march 2012 for personality, intelligence testing, then two, one on one interviews, then drug hair test.

Lastly a weird Pre Employment Assesment which was moving sand bags via wheel barrow for 1/2 hr. What a joke. The hiring process in totally BOGUS.

YOU don't want to work for this company

Interview Questions

• What can be done to improve the sand bag moving process?   1 Answer
    • What can be done to improve the process?   1 Answer

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

They asked for a transcript at the first interview. They respond to you within two weeks.
    The interview consisted of behavioral questions and they asked you to explain all of the things on your resume. Some sample questions were:
    What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment?
    Name a time when you had to due with an unruly customer or teammate.