ArcelorMittal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Burns Harbor, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process included a on-campus interview followed by a site visit. During the site visit, I was given a tour of one of the production lines in addition to interviewing with three employees who had started as engineers in the company. All three were relatively personable and the interviews were not stressful.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked basic behavioral questions - Name a time you had to deal with a difficult group member. What is your biggest weakness? Etc. Not terribly difficult. The other two interviewers were more conversational.   Answer Question

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal in September 2016.

Interview

Two girls interviewed me for the position. The process was just ok. The girls seemed unprofessional and the one asking me questions started talking to her partner in the middle of my response. They did not seem to care much besides typing my responses into the computer for them to send it off to the hiring manager for review.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions. Some of them were kinda long and by the time I was explaining the situation, I would forget the question...

Name a time when you had to work in a group or at a job that you worked on a project that had a deadline. What was your role and what results did it produce.

Name something that you have struggled with and why and what you are doing to overcome this struggle and why. How were the results.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Scheduled interview with them at school career fair, had interview the next day. 30 minutes and a few behavioral questions and went over resume as well. Ended up that we weren't looking for the same thing and parted ways almost immediately. Applied for technical internship and they wanted me to basically code for them. Weren't very clear on the opportunities after internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a task at hand and you failed?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I was headhunted by a recruiter and did the first interview with the recruiter , it was an hour long and the second interview was a phone call interview with the Internal Audit Head

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

They asked for a transcript at the first interview. They respond to you within two weeks.
    The interview consisted of behavioral questions and they asked you to explain all of the things on your resume. Some sample questions were:
    What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment?
    Name a time when you had to due with an unruly customer or teammate.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal.

Interview

A panel of 3 people interviewed. The department explained the current activities and the goals the department has and the goals/objectives of the Comany. They asked me questions concerning my previous career development, and what areas I will most want to develop. The HR had a brief interview to know about my interests and how I feel moving into a new City at a far distance.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Burns Harbor, IN) in December 2010.

Interview

They use the STAR process - same suggested questions in different orders by 3 different people - interview took about 4 hours including the drug screen and a ride around the plant. about 12 people interviewed at the same time and they switched you from room to room - spent about an hour with various department people that did not work in the area they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you were forced to make a difficult decision, what did you do.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal in November 2015.

Interview

on site interview took place on Indiana Burns Harbor. Basically behavior question. talked to three interviewers, two engineer one hr. 3 hours in total. then a tour around the facilities. all the travel expense are covered by the company. great company good people. the nature of the questions was not hard. just a bit long. be prepare to answer a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me yourself

What motivates you?   1 Answer

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal.

Interview

I talked to one of the representatives during a college career fair last fall semester. I interviewed with them on campus the next day for a full time position. They were friendly and did not ask any challenging questions (nothing technical). They told me that I should hear back from them within two weeks, however I have not heard back from them.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (East Chicago, IN) in April 2010.

Interview

Found on university job search. Recruiter came to campus to interview candidates. After first-round interview, company flew me out to Indiana for in-person interviews. This included a plant tour and a series of pretty plain/generic interview questions.

I asked many questions about typical hours, pay, promotions, raises, etc and was met with very vague and spotty answers. They ended up being dishonest about working hours.

Interview Questions

• What does making steel have to do with your career goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

First job out of school, no real negotiations