ArcelorMittal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ArcelorMittal

2.9

Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Burns Harbor, IN).

Interview

Applied on Indiana Career Connect in December. Received an offer & start date in March.

The run down:
    1)Applied online - received an email about a week later to come in and do the PAN test. The PAN test consists of personality questions and basic mechanical aptitude.

2)After the PAN test I received an invitation the next day to come in and attempt the Sandbag test. The sandbag test is a physical test. You move sandbags from point A to B. There's a specific order they require it to be done in. If you pay attention to detail, and work safely, the test is pretty basic. After you finish the sandbag test, you go into a group environment where you all discuss the test. Again, pay attention to detail, focus on a safe and steady pace, and think of some thoughtful input too add into the discussion.

3)In Person Interview. About a week after completing the sandbag test, I was emailed to schedule a time for the in person interview. At the in person interview, you do a drug screening, then you meet with an HR staff member. This is another basic process. My HR rep was very kind. We went over my resume, and she just had standard interview questions about my past experiences. The entire in person interview probably on lasted 15-20~ mins. I was offered a position at the end of the in person interview. The position did not have an official start time, and it was contingent on passing a drug screen and a background check.

4) Final Physical and official start date. About a month after the interview, I received a call from the employment office, stating that there's an official start date set, and that I needed to come in for a physical.

The process did take a long time, but it was well worth it. Everyone I spoke with during the interview process was kind and happy to help. I had a positive experience, and I hope everyone else does too.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in extreme cold and extreme hot climates?   1 Answer

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

They have online apptitude and technical test first, then personal interview of selected candidates. HR and technical interview process done simultaneously. They had asked HR questions initially and then go to technical side.

Metallurgist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

The questions were thought out and the interview was very formal. Be prepared to explain your resume. Ask questions on how ArcelorMittel impacts its surrounding communities in a positive way and they really enjoy that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you exercised safety, and how it impacted those around you?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal.

Interview

Very good and responsive. Had a couple mishaps with scheduling but overall worked itself out. It was an hour long Skype interview with behavioral type questions. It was very relaxed

Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic questions, but with five different people. Each one have their own set of questions with different themes revolving around them. Otherwise, it was a long 3 hour interview process.

Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Cleveland, OH) in July 2019.

Interview

I originally applied to the Cleveland location on April 1st 2019 , made it all the way through to the drug test and background check. They received both in September. They did another online application after . I do not know where I stand . The HR team has yet to give any information if the pool from April is still in consideration or are the now only going off of the pool from November of 2019 . Does this company only hire referrals ? I'm lost

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal.

Interview

I talked to one of the representatives during a college career fair last fall semester. I interviewed with them on campus the next day for a full time position. They were friendly and did not ask any challenging questions (nothing technical). They told me that I should hear back from them within two weeks, however I have not heard back from them.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal in September 2016.

Interview

Two girls interviewed me for the position. The process was just ok. The girls seemed unprofessional and the one asking me questions started talking to her partner in the middle of my response. They did not seem to care much besides typing my responses into the computer for them to send it off to the hiring manager for review.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions. Some of them were kinda long and by the time I was explaining the situation, I would forget the question...

Name a time when you had to work in a group or at a job that you worked on a project that had a deadline. What was your role and what results did it produce.

Name something that you have struggled with and why and what you are doing to overcome this struggle and why. How were the results.   Answer Question

BasicPosition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Pages of interview questions, then I had to go and observe the job about a week later. They had me believe I had the job, then told me I was not a "fit". All of this for part-time, on call work. The number of hours per month for the position also became less each time I talked to them. It was really a waste of my time, since I had to take time away from my regular job without pay.

Interview Questions

• Questions about what you did as an employee to solve problems at your job and how co-workers helped you solve problems.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal.

Interview

A panel of 3 people interviewed. The department explained the current activities and the goals the department has and the goals/objectives of the Comany. They asked me questions concerning my previous career development, and what areas I will most want to develop. The HR had a brief interview to know about my interests and how I feel moving into a new City at a far distance.