Argo Tea Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argo Tea Interview Questions

Interviews at Argo Tea

2.0

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Argo Tea.

Interview

Interview process included phone interview, first interview with senior management, and second interview with management of you peer, third interview with senior management. For the time I summited an application to the time there was an offer was 5 months.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argo Tea (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially contacted employer through craigslist. Was initially contacted by phone by someone from human resources. She passed me on to an in-person interview at a local cafe. Interviewed for barista position with the general manager there, but was eventually offered management position based on experience and ambition. Interview was professional but informal, environment was relaxed. I remember being impressed by the focus on a quality product and quality people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several different questions about tea, such as favorite blend, brewing process, what makes the "colors" of tea different and the like. I didn't know the answers to any of them, and was honest about it. It didn't affect my chances for hire.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Argo Tea (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online a recruiter screened me then set me up with a face to face with the store manager it was a cool interview and lasted about 25 mins the store manger was cool and made the interview easy

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argo Tea (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview started 30 minutes late, so I sat around in the shop drinking water and staring around. Once the GM came over, she was very nice, apologized, and we started. We got along great, and she offered me a second interview after about an hour of talking.

They use this long checklist of things to talk about during an interview. It would be best for you to lead the conversation. They have so much to get through in an hour, keep the focus on you and not on their company checklist.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for Argo Tea.   1 Answer

I declined because I have a strong retail background and this would have been a huge pay cut. I feel like I could have been happy there though, so if someone is interested and is already an entry-level manager. This might by the job for you.

The main reason I declined the offer was because of how unorganized Argo Tea seemed to be. Late for the interview, but also it took weeks for them to get back to me to set up a second interview. The voicemail system is almost non-existent. They only phone is in the manager's office, and thus you can leave a voicemail but there is no guarantee when they will check it.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argo Tea (Chicago, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

Don't waste your time with these people:
    The hiring manager reached out to me via email several weeks after I applied for the job online. She said she wanted to set up a phone screen, but my resume did not have a phone number. It did have a phone number, she didn't read it very well.

I gave her my phone number anyway. Then I got crickets for several days. I reached back out, and she apologized saying my emails were in her junk mail.?? We set up a phone screen the next day. She never called at the time we set. I tried to call her 3 different times, left a voicemail, and sent an email. I never heard back from her.

I had my day planned around this interview and had to shorten a work shift for the phone screen. I was very frustrated and would have appreciated a heads up that she was going to cancel. Even a follow-up apology and explanation for not calling would have been nice.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Argo Tea.

Interview

Simple. You didn't have to have experience.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argo Tea (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I submitted an application online and was called back a few days later. They told me to come in to the job fair the next day. I was set up with two interviews that day and then a third a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses in customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Argo Tea (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and then I received an email about a job fair. I decided to attend. I was interviewed twice the same day, first by a store manager, then by an HR and Talent coordinator. The process was easy and quick, and the interviewers were friendly.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Argo Tea.

Interview

Two round interview, fairly simple and not too challenging. They later put you through a 2 week orientation where you need to learn about the multiple types of teas offered there.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Argo Tea in January 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application online and got a call 2 days later to come in for an interview. Interviewed with 2 managers at the same time and they asked basic questions about my experience, why Argo and my likeness of tea. They also explained the training process to me. I thought it went well and they said they would be in touch but never were.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe one of the products as though I was trying to sell it.   Answer Question