Argonne National Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argonne National Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.5

Engineering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Argonne National Laboratory.

Interview

In person face to face interview - first with supervisor, then with potential colleagues. After meeting with each person individually, I gave a presentation and then fielded questions from the group. The process took all day.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a task or project which I had worked on that was difficult or not completed.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argonne National Laboratory (Lemont, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone chat first (kind of informal), then came on-site, met all the group members including 4 staff and 3 fellow postdocs (each one around half hour) and gave a 1-hour seminar

Interview Questions

• What is your career goal and how this position could help you.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Appointee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Argonne National Laboratory (Lemont, IL).

Interview

I had a 20 minute Skype interview with the committee that I would be working with as an initial interview. Most of the questions were about my previous research experience. There was nothing too technical and overall it was a relaxing experience. I then got invited to do a seminar on my work a few weeks later. Most of that day was 1-1 conversations with various staff that I'd be working with. Overall, the tone of the in person interview was very informal. I got an offer from HR a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• What sort of radar retrievals have you done in your work? Have you used version control techniques in your work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Argonne National Laboratory.

Interview

The interview was done via Skype consisted in a presentation of my previous research and question about my expectation/career goals. Overall interview was good and people were laid back and friendly.

Postdoctoral Appointee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argonne National Laboratory (Lemont, IL).

Interview

Give a presentation on previous research, and talk with some of the folks there. Post docs are not high value hires, so there is almost no way you will get turned down.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. They tell you the rate and you can take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Argonne National Laboratory (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applying to the position was done internally via school website. Interview process was fast and took only one round. Interview was done in January, although the job wouldn't start until Summer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working with Argonne National Laboratory and how do you think that alligns to your career goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lemont, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argonne National Laboratory (Lemont, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I sent out my resume in a Job fair at the Supercomputer Conference 2015 job fair. Then I got emails from Argonne. There were 2 interviews in total. The first one was a technical phone interviews with a simple string programming question. The second one was talking with the manager, who is my supervisor eventually. This is on the phone two.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about the projects I had worked on. Not so much technical details.   1 Answer

Research Aide Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Argonne National Laboratory in May 2015.

Interview

It was easy . I had 2 telephonic interviews which were focused on current profile and technical questions. Panel of 2 interviewed me. It was very interactive and fair. They asked more about my background details

Interview Questions

• Database questions. SQL Queries, Dataviz software, Python commands   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argonne National Laboratory (Lemont, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 2 1-hour phone calls, one every week. I was invited to do a seminar on my previous research at the site. I got this opportunity through my PhD advisor who had contacts in the lab.

Interview Questions

• No particular question other than to explain previous research and whether generally familiar with supercomputing topic (which I was as I did an internship in the supercomputing lab).   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darien, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argonne National Laboratory (Darien, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I talked about my previous roles and they talked about their role at Argonne. There were no questions that stumped me, it was really just a conversation about technologies as I would pull in stories about something I worked on before, making sure it was relevant to what they were looking for. The lead developer and I had a good repore when the interview concluded.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about dynamic css? What do you think about HTML tables?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about HTML tables?   1 Answer