Arkema Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arkema Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Developing Engineer Interview

Interview

one 45 minute interview on campus. pretty standard questions. If you do well you are invited to king of prussia PA for a round a 6 45 minute interviews. It is pretty intense, and a whole lot of talking. You will be asked the same questions many times. Also they are pretty found of asking technical questions. For example i was repeatedly asked to describe distillation, the difference between PFR and CSTR, heat transfer (exchangers) etc so it would be wise to review if you are rusty.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Arkema (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with five different people in the same day. They gave me a lot of information regarding their role and about the position I applied for. The atmosphere was laid back. Overall, I thought it was a good experience even though I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at Arkema?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why am I leaving my current employment?
      Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arkema (King of Prussia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews without any follow up
    Recruitment leader never followed up or responded
    Rudest people I have ever encountered. There was no follow up by them at all. The interview room was damp and musty.
    They have many jobs posted and expect they will get low quality people with this unprofessional approach.

Interview Questions

Arkema Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are very sorry to hear that. I've asked my colleagues from KoP and this recruitment does not ring a bell to them. Could you please give me more information? You can contact us at this address ... More

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arkema.

Interview

It was a phone interview and he worked from a form of standard interview questions. It lasted for an hour. I asked some questions about their business and how they operated to try and make the interview more conversational, but the interviewer seemed more interested in filling out a form.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your greatest accomplishment. Walk me through your job history.   Answer Question

Dec 15, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Yes, we use competency-based interview, so we have to ask some specific questions about behavioral skills and how you handled different kind of situations. It's not an easy discussion, but the goal ... More

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arkema (Pasadena, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, called by HR rep and scheduled for a face to face interview. Was told I would get e-mail confirmation but it never came. Went to interview and have been TRYING to follow up numerous times but they don't have the common decency and courtesy to reply to my e-mails. Really rude and unprofessional HR person. The interview was with a panel, they were all nice guys but I just can't get over how unprofessional the HR person was. Aren't people kind of her job?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an accomplishment, other situational questions. Basic interview stuff   1 Answer

Dec 15, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are so sorry that your experience was not as good as expected. Would you mind contacting us to see if we can prevent his from happening again? That would be most helpful! campus.arkema@arkema.com

Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkema (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

a very detail interview discussion, coming with 2 round to screen shot the candidates
    unrelated to the job question to be asking
    Reference check and follow up
    Emphasize on your attitude and charateristic

Interview Questions

• why should i hire you? are you to committed long term?   Answer Question

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arkema (Bristol, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, Mailed Resume to Human Resources, 1st Phone Interview (HR), 2nd Phone Interview (Quality System Manager), In-Person Interview (Quality Team, Plant Manager), Site Tour, Mailed Thank You Letter, Received Offer within 2 Weeks

The interview content was very thorough but each candidate has a chance to properly describe themselves. Be prepared for some challenging questions (those not similar to standard processes).

Interview Questions

• General and STAR formatted questions:

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Name a time when you had to work with a difficult individual; how did you over come this challenge and what as the result?

Explain a time when a project did not go your way; how and what did you learn from this situation?
      Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arkema (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Contacted by Placement agency, very professional. Short HR interview, an underling substituted at the last minute for the Director. Hiring manager phone interview was about 1 hr, detailed mix of technical and soft skills assessment. Interview trip met again with a last minute substitute HR representatice (generally interviewed corporate/office positions, not technical) who could not answer technical ladder, reward/incentive systems or how projects/programs are evaluated versus individual objectives.
    Technical seminar well-attended, individual meetings were only with directors and above. Lunch was with 4 peer or direct reports scientists. One junior scientist was wife of a long-time friend. All formal 1 on 1 interviews asked the same 3 questions - have you ever had to fire someone, what was your greatest technical achievement and what was your most memorable "non-success." 6 interviewers, all the same questions. Was supposed to finish off the trip with a short visit with the HR director, since he had missed me entirely, but he went home early.
    The company refused to reimburse me for traveling expenses for the trip (5 hrs driving). My friend told me they laughed about my candidacy as "the bald, old guy with the funny moustache." Appears you can't work for a French comany if you have a moustache. Look at my LinkedIn profile and save us all some time .
    Process took 9 weeks.

Dec 15, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are sorry that your experience during the recruitment process was bad. We would really appreciate if you could contact us to get more information about people you've met. That will prevent such ... More

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crosby, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arkema (Crosby, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online directly to the recruiter. After a couple of phone conversations we mutually agreed that this would be a good fit, but that Arkema was fairly well along in the interview process. However, since I lived in town, they decided to squeeze me in for an interview on the day they were talking with other candidates.

I had to go through safety training upon arrival (expected) and was then escorted to a reception area. The corporate HR manager came out and asked me to wait they had already started the process with another candidate. After about 15 minutes he came back out and the process started. He began by introducing me to the company and asking me about my background. This went very well. He was friendly and easy to talk with.

After talking with the HR Director, I met with the Regional Director of Operations (the person to whom I would report). She was all business and made sure she came across as tough. Red flags started going up immediately in my mind. It was not a particularly friendly interview but more of a grilling.

When that interview was over I met with the current Plant Manager who was transferring to another location. He had to take care of some plant business while I was standing in his office. He talked with me about the company and asked a few questions. He was touted as a process expert and was taking one for the team to go to the other location. I couldn't really assess his technical competence during our conversation. But he was cordial.

The whole interview took about 3 hours. I left feeling only so-so about the interview and uncertain what I would do if I was offered the position. Overall I did not feel that the questions they asked were planned or directed. They seemed to have a very casual approach and asked whatever came to mind. It was unclear whether they had done more than glance at my resume. Not my best interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience-start at the beginning.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkema in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through companies carrier page and the whole process took 2 weeks. First was the HR telephonic interview followed by the interviews with the future supervisors. The HR incharge was very helpful and always at the disposal if you had any queries or difficulties.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions related to past work as well as academic experience   Answer Question

Jun 5, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your comment. We are glad to see that HR was helpful all along the recruitment process.