Arriva Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Arriva Group

2.9

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arriva Group in August 2014.

Interview

It was a good process. It involved completing a case study.
    The case study itself was fairly straightforward. All of it was excel based. So you had to complete a set of excel tasks. Such as pivot tables. Vlookups, hlookups.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arriva Group.

Interview

Interview was okay. I was interviewed by two employees, they were very pleasant. The main focus of the questions was regarding the company, the roles within it and how it worked. There were almost no questions about my experiences and my strengths, which is what I had prepared for, so unfortunately I lacked the answers they were looking for. The interview lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Have you got any creative ideas on how we could improve our services   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arriva Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Paper sift first via Registration on Recruitment website Comeaboard which is availsble via Arriva Trains Recruitment searches !
    Then there’s a Telephone screening .
    Then you get a Face to Face interview .
    Then you may get an Exam or Test as required.
    Drug and Alcohol screening plus a medic will be completed within the process !

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arriva Group (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied to the finance program however after they reviewed my appliaction they decided not to carry on with my application and i did not receive any feedback for the questions that i answered on the application

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arriva Group.

Interview

I first registered with an agency who took my references and proof of ID. The agency called me to let me know about the available position at Arriva. They arranged an interview with Arriva. I went in for the interview and met with the HR Manager and the HR Officer I would be replacing. I was officed the role within 3/4 days. I did a 2 week handover.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arriva Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The assessment was split in 3 stages. The first one was a presentation, in my case I had to choose a London Overground station and prepare a SWOT analysis. This stage lasted 25 minutes, 15 minutes for the PowerPoint presentation and 10 for Q&A. The second stage was a role play, Q&A based on the role play and a report following the role play. The time allocated for this assessment was split in 15 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for the role play, 5-10 minutes for Q&A and 20 minutes to write the report. The third stage was a face to face, competency questions based interview that lasted around 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Competency based interview (How did you deal with ...?)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arriva Group (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Single stage. Very relaxed. BIZARRELY interviewed by the agent representing the job for the company ! Should have been my first caution flag. Came to realise that the agent had little interest in representing the actual job and was looking for a culture fit. The other interviewer was interested in basic competency. Found out later they have a high churn rate and many good people leave because their face doesn’t fit rather than being able to do a good job. So a real roll of the dice.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arriva Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Whole proces took about 4 weeks.
    Online assessment then invite to interview.
    Interviewed in Cardiff in November.
    Had a role play to start which was pretty straight forward. Make notes and stick to their policy.
    Then two interviews with different managers and HR. Interviews lasted about 20 minutes each and I was asked multiple questions.
    Considering I was applying to stand at a ticket barrier or help passengers buy tickets it seemed a bit excessive.
    Staff outside of interviews seemed helpful and liked working for the company.
    Had an email a week later stating I was unsuccessful.
    After witnessing some of their staff working on a very busy Saturday in Newport and Cardiff I'm glad I didn't get to work with them!!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you challenged a work colleague over their behaviour and did it have any effect.   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Arriva Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)).

Interview

Long morning! Had two interviews with different members of management in the board room. Managers were very patronising to say the least by rushing you in the interview and considering you are only applying for 'Customer Service Assistant', felt like I was going for a review/interview with Alan Sugar on the 'Apprentice'. Shocking company!

Interview Questions

• Had a major grilling just to achieve having a job; Working on ticket barriers, and ticket office. This was more intense than an interview at the BBC WITH A £40K SALARY.   1 Answer

Conductor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arriva Group in August 2008.

Interview

application online

interview on competencys and english maths test gcse level

role play