Ascendant Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ascendant Technology Interview Questions

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ascendant Technology

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascendant Technology (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Nice interview process. First online test followed by one technical interview and then HR round. Nice questions were asked not too tough not too easy also. Questions were highly relevant to the position applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ascendant Technology (Chennai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

first round (in our college) was online test with 90 questions (90 mins )
    consisting of java, IQ, HTML, CSS, OOP, Basic computer knowledge, and GK abt latest Technologies..

Second round (in their office) : technical interview 1 : they will test your programming skills by asking yout write some algorithms and few questions..

Third round (in their office) : technical interview 2 : they will ask you about your projects in depth.. they will dig it to the core and give you various situations and ask how would you handle that problem technically.

attend only if you are good in JAVA...

if you clear the above rounds then you are an employee of theirs.

Interview Questions

• they asked me various unexpected questions with my project lik giving me the worst case scenarios of the program   Answer Question

Application

Interview

My interview process took place in January 2014.

There were totally three rounds.

First Round:
    Totally 90 questions - 90 mins. 80 questions were technical and 10 were aptitude. Aptitude section was quite easy. Technical questions included Java, CSS, JS, current technologies.
    360 participated 22 were selected for the technical round at the company.

Second Round:
    Here, they primarily check how good you are in your area of interest, Java and J2EE. You will also be given a couple of logical question to solve. They asked me to sort students based on name and then by age. I used Comparator class along with Treeset to perform the sorting.
    Other than that be strong in J2EE topics.

Third Round:
    Here they go deep into your projects. Again one or two logical questions were asked. They might ask you to validate email, telephone number, or find duplicates in a string of strings.They gave particular emphasis to J2EE.

Interview Questions

• Try to be good at the basics of JAVA and J2EE.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascendant Technology (Chennai (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

3 Rounds for us, 1st round - Online Technical Apps/Aptitude (mostly Java, Advanced Java, Servlets), 2nd Round - Technical Interview - Some basics and programming about Core-Java, 3rd Round - Technical Discussion (Team of HR questions lasts fr 45 minutes in my case, only advanced java questions, scenarios & MFC)

Interview Questions

• Spring & Hibernate, j2ee and other advanced java questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Best reviewed company and good environment to work, early call letter

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thanjavur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascendant Technology (Thanjavur (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

There has been 3 rounds and all the three are technical rounds only. First a written test took place and 22 people are shortlisted from 250 people who appeared. There has been a one on one direct interview and 9 people are shortlisted. There were questions particularly on java, jsp, servlets, php and all web technologies. There has been a second technical round for 9 people by 2 member panel and questions were on java this time. I was asked to write few code.

Interview Questions

• Nothing.But say write a code for finding the duplicate word in a string   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascendant Technology (Chennai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

First round-Technical aptitude:

online aptitude.
    60 questions 90 minutes.
    No negative marking.

This round consisted of 60 questions of which 10 questions were focused on quantitative aptitude questions which were easy,and 2 to 3 verbal questions,2-3 logical questions,2 questions from OS,3-4 questions from DBMS,4 to 5 questions from CSS,4 to 5 questions from basic JAVA,4 to 5 questions from J2EE,3-4 questions from C,4-5 questions from c++,and a few questions from WEB TECHNOLOGY as well.so overall there were questions from all kinds.

Second round-Technical HR-1 :

Though it was a technical HR at first they asked me to introduce which i did as long as i could then they went through my resume and what language your proficient in and i told them C and i told them i am not strong in java comfortable with the basics alone.they asked me to get name,email and other details separated from a file which contains all details.i did it with C and explained.
                                  Then he asked me what you know about JAVA and i explained them the basic concepts of java with some practical examples and it was all for in this round.

Third round-Technical HR-2 :
                                  Once again introduce yourself and after that questions were from Data Structures and a series of questions from basic data structures with practical implementation of them as my area of interest is DS,first question was balancing a tree by both HEIGHT and WEIGHT for which i was asked to code and my second question was HUFFMAN CODING and that was all for this round for me.

They were looking for the right kind of attitude and they would expect you to open up and talk much about yourself and they would also be keen to see whether you are really strong in your area of interest and well basic concepts of JAVA that's a must as their work is purely on J2EE.

Interview Questions

• explain about a package in java   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascendant Technology (Chennai (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

telephonic interview which was all about basic questions and some technical.
    It was followed my face to face interview which happened in the location chennai.
    and finally salary negotiations with HR and finally i was offereed the offer letter which i accepted

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes i was

Consultant Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascendant Technology (Chennai (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Written test followed by the technical round. Technical round they mostly focused on the databases and web technology side. Knowledge in HTML, CSS is a plus. Focus on the basics of Computer Science subjects like Operating System, Locking and transaction in database

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascendant Technology (Chennai (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

This was the best interview I attended.. Very friendly makes you feel at ease and test your technical skills on Java /J2ee and other we technologies and attitude towards work, flexibility while working

Interview Questions

• How do you create a web page in a MVC approach   1 Answer